Sign in to follow this  
SpA

Radio Norfolk Online coverage

I am away in london on a course this week and was hoping to listen to tonights game online, but everytime I have tried this in the past the coverage stops. is there anything I can do or anywhere else I can go to listen to the game? Thanks

I think you can only get that coverage if you subscribe to Canaries World, or through a DAB digital radio.  There''s a text commentary available through the bbc web site. That link is showing the Leicester game at the moment, but will change to the Soton game later.

Why is it that I have a TV license and am restricted from listening to BBC radio Norfolk?

That in my opinion is well unfair. Is this legal? Can the BBC remove their transmissions when they see fit and charge me to hear it? S''not fair.

Also, I have a DAB radio, but it won''t tune into radio Norfolk when I am a Canary fan living in Southampton.

And before you say "go to the match", I can''t [:@] get off work.

Radio coverage is only avaliable on Canaries World I''m afraid. DAB radio doesnt pick up Radio Norfolk outside of Norfolk. At only £3.99 per month is well worth getting as you also get pre/post match interviews with manager and players plus extended match highlights and goals. All Norwich fans living away from Norwich should subscribe to this.

If you are living in southampton, use a normal radio to tune into the local bbc station down there? i''m sure they''ll be covering it?!Agreed on the BBC scam by the way....We are forced to pay to watch their S**t channel, no option or anything. Their channels which scarcely have anything worthwhile, all it seems to show is rip-off "celebrity" talent contests where Auntie demands you phone in and "vote for your favourite [non-entity]" and steal more money from you....All of this while a certain Mr Ross (who i don''t even find mildly entertaining) pockets £6million a year....Why not make it a commercial channel and stop the Great British Robbery? I''d be happier to see adverts on it and money put towards quality programming than i am to see £140 a year down the swanny for a service i don''t even use!

Yep, I have got radio solent on the go. Trouble is, it''s all about Saints.Drivel.I''ll just have to grin and bear it.

The BBC haven''t got the rights to broadcast the game outside Norfolk, by any medium. The Football League did a deal with the company behind Canaries World for internet broadcast rights. Blaming the BBC for this is like blaming them for not showing the games on TV that Sky have the rights to.I love the BBC! Most of the TV really worth watching where I live in Australia (aside from the Football) originates from the BBC. I''m getting really sick of all these US series now. And they have the best world news by a mile.

Can anyone else get Radio Norfolk on DAB? I''m in Wy''ndham and not a sausage. Maybe my DAB radio''s too crap, or is the signal just really weak still?

[quote user="Messiah"]

And before you say "go to the match", I can''t [:@] get off work.

[/quote]

yes you can.. thats what Sickies are for...

jas :)

[quote user="Big Down Under"]

I love the BBC! Most of the TV really worth watching where I live in Australia (aside from the Football) originates from the BBC. I''m getting really sick of all these US series now. And they have the best world news by a mile.
[/quote]

Yes but you don''t have to pay for it do you!

[quote user="Grando"]Can anyone else get Radio Norfolk on DAB? I''m in Wy''ndham and not a sausage. Maybe my DAB radio''s too crap, or is the signal just really weak still?[/quote]

have u done a Digital scan for stations? if so try again on a "national scan" (my DAB stereo has it.. not sure if all have this feature) and u should pick it up no problem.

jas :)