Sign in to follow this  
Tom NCFC

WTF Peter Grant - New Hearts Manager???

Former Celtic player and ex-Norwich City boss Peter Grant is a shock candidate for the manager''s job at Hearts. (Daily Record)

Obviously there is a shortage of scottish managers thesedays, does Romanov know why Peter Grant is, if he can''t control, Peter going to Heart would be laughable!

will suit him there.. all he''s got to do is say "yes mr Romanov" and he will be fine...

whats the betting he takes Brellier back to hearts??? have we still got the flag??? im need something to clean the car with.

jas :)

I just read this on the BBC gossip section and burst out laughing:Former Celtic player and ex-Norwich City boss Peter Grant is a shock candidate for the manager''s job at Hearts. (Daily Record)So thats Brown, Lappin, Strihavka out with Brellier returning to Hearts (maybe).So Norwich really can sign Taylor now =PRct2madbtw heres the link:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/gossip_and_transfers/7171010.stm

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

will suit him there.. all he''s got to do is say "yes mr Romanov" and he will be fine...

whats the betting he takes Brellier back to hearts??? have we still got the flag??? im need something to clean the car with.

jas :)

[/quote]

I''m afraid I''ve used it in my lounge to cover the carpets and furniture whilst I paint the ceiling.

I can clean off the paint and muddy footprints if you like.

I think Peter Grant tried very hard at Norwich and unfortunately was out of his depth, I do think he will prove to people in the future that he is not as bad as he looked at Norwich as he will have learned a lot from the experience.

I think he made two crucial mistakes in playing Chris Brown for as long as he did and becoming negative at home (e.g 4-5-1 against Sheff W etc) but he inherited a mess from a manager that had gone on a season too long at Carrow Road. I also think there were other mitigating factors such as players tied too long contracts and the situation with the release clause in Earnies contract. Also how many top level managers wanted the job when he was given it?

[quote user="norfolkchance1"] Also how many top level managers wanted the job when he was given it?

[/quote]

probably more than when he left it! he may have inherited a mess but he was allowed spend money and still made things worse.

rubbish manager.

hmmmm would be interesting.....

Nice guy i reckon, very honourable...

BUT

crap manager. Crap footballer.

Its no coincidence Celtic were abysmal when he played for them......a period of complete ´Gers domination....

[quote user="NegativeVibes"]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/A30761697

A few Hearts fans think that he is all ready to be announced as the new Hearts gaffer next week.

I really hope that this is true.

[/quote]

Their fans dont seem too impressed at this news.

1 mentioned "we''re doomed" another said he''d rather have wee Jimmy Krankie as manager rather than Grant. lol