Sign in to follow this  
Unlucky Fried Kitten

Has Glenn caught WorthyGruntitis?

Glenn might be showing the1st signs of WorthyGruntitis. The bug must still be lingering in the corridors of Carrow Road and Colney. What are the symptoms of this horrible disease?

1. Unsporting behaviour

2. Playing players out of position

3. Utilising the wrong tactics during a game

4. Blaming anybody and everybody for failure to win matches

5. Slagging off players in press interviews

The last trait is the very worst symptom of this debilitating disease, as it can lead to the total breakdown of team harmony and spreads fear, loathing and a total lack of self-confidence amongst the players. For the sake of everybody at NCFC I hope this insidious superbug can be eradicated as quickly as possible.

Let''s hope Worthy/ Grant behaviour is a oneoff. Roeder hasn''t been too impressive over the last week. Criticism of players isn''t going to help. Was surprised to hear it. Public criticism is not a good idea.

He can slag off the cr*p players for all i care as long as he talks up the good ones i.r pattison. So our new look team minus the rubbish that has been bought in over the last few years is full of confidence with a competitive winners mentality!!!

[quote user="JaundicedJockGeorgy"]

Glenn might be showing the1st signs of WorthyGruntitis. The bug must still be lingering in the corridors of Carrow Road and Colney. What are the symptoms of this horrible disease?

1. Unsporting behaviour

2. Playing players out of position

3. Utilising the wrong tactics during a game

4. Blaming anybody and everybody for failure to win matches

5. Slagging off players in press interviews

The last trait is the very worst symptom of this debilitating disease, as it can lead to the total breakdown of team harmony and spreads fear, loathing and a total lack of self-confidence amongst the players. For the sake of everybody at NCFC I hope this insidious superbug can be eradicated as quickly as possible.

[/quote]I think he''s ok and not suffering too badly!!  although maybe you should get to the Doctor and see if he has a cure for talkingoutofyourarseitis!!!

Sorry mate haven''t really seen many examples of this.

Unsporting behaviour, no.  Playing players out of position, only when forced by his ridiculously thin squad.  Utilising the wrong tactics, if he got it right every week he would be super manager and working at a far higher level.  Blame, too right, you get it wrong or it doesn''t go your way find someone else to blame.  Slagging off players, it is necessary sometimes...Grant went OTT, Worthy didn''t do it enough, will Glenn strike a happy medium.

I appreciate this is a tongue in cheek post but IMO you are way off the mark. 

[quote user="jimmy500"]

Unsporting behaviour, no.  Playing players out of position, only when forced by his ridiculously thin squad.  Utilising the wrong tactics, if he got it right every week he would be super manager and working at a far higher level.  Blame, too right, you get it wrong or it doesn''t go your way find someone else to blame.  Slagging off players, it is necessary sometimes...Grant went OTT, Worthy didn''t do it enough, will Glenn strike a happy medium.

[/quote]

...errrr. Russell at right back on Saturday. Russell and Smith wide right when we have Croft fit. Murray wide left at Plymouth. Just a few examples!!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

...errrr. Russell at right back on Saturday. Russell and Smith wide right when we have Croft fit. Murray wide left at Plymouth. Just a few examples!!

[/quote]To be perfectly honest GR has turned it around for us, we''re not out of it yet but at least we''re not dead and buried. I don''t see how anyone can currently criticise GR he''s doing a fantastic job under very difficult circumstances.

[quote user="UEA Canary"][quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be perfectly honest GR has turned it around for us, we''re not out of it yet but at least we''re not dead and buried. I don''t see how anyone can currently criticise GR he''s doing a fantastic job under very difficult circumstances.
[/quote]

Spot on!!  I don''t know how anyone can criticise GR at the moment.  When he took over we were 5 adrift at the bottom of the table and unable to buy a draw letalone a win.  He is not going to get everything right all the time because even the Wengers and Fergusons of this world make mistakes.  GR has turned the club around in a short period of time and given us a very good chance of staying in the Championship this season and that is all you can ask of the man for this season.  If we stay up he has done a good job end of story!!

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"][quote user="jimmy500"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Russell played right back for city at times under Worthington.  Murray is a left footed player who can play in defence or midfield, this was pre-pattison so his hand was probably forced, also wide left isn''t always attacking wing play especially if you want a solid unit of 4 across the middle.  Smith or Russell wide right isn''t a problem for me as both have played there before, and Croft is a temperamental player.  The squad is too thin on quality to be able to play everyone in their best position week in week out, especially when you have injuries and suspensions to deal with.

You will see less and less examples of players out of position as Glenn builds the squad he needs.

lol amazing isn''t it, GR has not even begun to build the squad he wants and already someone has started a thread to slag the bloke off.  Players aren''t beyond being critisised and I for one won''t knock GR for doing that.  Now if the players had a good match and he slated them then I would say it is wrong.

He has managed so far, along with the players he has to get us out of the relegation zone, and that is something to be thankful for not starting a thread to pick to pieces everything he has done for gods sake.

You can''t please some people [;)]

In case anybody had their doubts, I''m still 100% behind Glenn and I think he''s done a very good job so far. As Jimmy500 said my post was meant to be light-hearted, but my main serious point was to highlight Glenn''s current tendency to criticise underperforming players publicly. To my mind this is totally wrong and can''t help team spirit. Martin and Jarvis have been named as 2 who have to shape up or ship out and several others have had their names in the frame of shame. Why can''t any criticism or strong advice be confined to within the four walls of the dressing room? There is absolutely no need for Glenn to bring team matters out into the open.

Let''s hope he has caught Worthyitis, I agree the signs are there!

1. Getting rid of some of the previous managers dross signings.

2. Taking over a side heading for relegation and immediately turning it round and making us difficult to beat.

3. Installing team spirit and togetherness back to the squad, making training enjoyable again and putting smiles on faces.

4. Looking at our youth and realising those we have are not good enough despite what the fans think.

5. Playing Doherty every time he is available despite the fact he is a disgrace to the shirt. Allegedly [:|]

(Sorry wizard, smudge, babes, a1 cjf and all - 5 is not really part of the disease but maybe a side affect?)

If left untreated this disease could lead to a comfortable mid-table finish this season followed by the play offs next and ultimately a championship and return to the premier league!

Okay Nutty, I put my hands up, I have never liked Donkerty from the start, I believe him to be the Achillies heel of our defence and until he''s dumped, the defensive problems will still cointinue.

At least on this, I''m consistant!.[:D]

[quote user="UEA Canary"]

To be perfectly honest GR has turned it around for us, [/quote]

so did Peter Grant...... and no this isnt a dig at Roeder who will do well for us if backed by the board... its just an honest assesment and food for thought.

jas :)