Sign in to follow this  
bully

Lee Croft!

For tomorrows game at scunthorpe i think we should start with croft on the right hucks on the left and fozza nd pattison in the centre. Croft deserves a chance. From what i have seen of russel he jst looks unfit and lacks a decent pass and first touch. If we hv croft and hucks on the flanks and play dion upfront den we cn get crosses in and get goals.

Tell me what u think.

OTBC!

I agree in principal...Russell is all running and little end product, I can''t fault his effort just the execution.I worry about Croft''s fitness, he rarely completes 90 mins, but his pace is frighten to other teams. Would worry about teams countering  against us though, as neither he or Huckerby like to track back. It might be a better formation for a home game.I think Smith is a good player and we are yet to see his best, but he isn''t a winger so it is hard to see him fitting into the team. We had a horrible lack of width at Col U. I could see what Roeder was thinking, squeeze the middle and stop Col playing, crosses aren''t much use when you have Jamie and Evans up front.  Would like to see Dion up front with Evans, seems the logical option with Jamie lacking so much confidence.Can''t say I am looking forward to the game tomorrow, a real tough game, and one so vital to get a result in. Nail biting stuff!!

Croft is a pile of turd on the pitch. I cant think of anything he has done this season, and only 1 good thing last season.

Im gutted Chadwick is out, he is so much better.

My only concern is that the midfield will effectively be Fozzy, Pattison and Croft. Croft is willing to tackle back, but whether he has the energy, I''m not sure. I am still doubtful about his final cross. Hucks will be wandering. Can Fozzy and Pattison do the bulk of defending and creating/supporting?

[quote user="Jonny 5"]I agree in principal....  Would like to see Dion up front with Evans, seems the logical option with Jamie lacking so much confidence.[/quote]all we can do is keep him in and help him get that goal which will spark him up....tbh i don''t rae croft, i would sacrifice pace for a clever approach to attacks (arsenal) if it takes 100 passes to get it in that net so be it. but....i am aware the passing/crossing game is lacking with people like chadwick unavailable. i just wish we had another right back..as i would dearly love to have semi as a winger, his pace and strength would terrify most teams, he is a wing back in my eyes anyway.

Croft and Otsemebor (or however you spell his name) link up really well.

I think croft should be given a game.

He''s much fitter and quicker this season.

But is a shame about chadwick always looks good but is so bloody injury prone!!!!!!

I quite like Crofty, I think he''s a decent little player.

He''s still a young player and still gaining experience, I think people judge him as the finished article. And we all know that things haven''t been great at Norwich since he joined, I can''t imagine Peter Grant did anything for his confidence either.

But I like him as a player because he''s nice and positive with the ball at his feet, he twists and turns and takes defenders on. He also plays his position better than Chadwick does. And by that I mean that he''s a more natural right winger, Chadwick likes to drift inside which takes away the width and leaves the fullback exposed.

Also I think he works quite hard for team, people say he doesn''t like to track back etc but I don''t find that to be the case. For an attacking minded player I think he does his fair share of the ugly work. I think that''s a judgement/an assumption people make without really watching what he does on the pitch.

In conclusion... he''s working with better coaching staff now so if he had a run of games (starts) and decent support from the crowd I still think Lee Croft could be a very good player for Norwich.

[quote user="Jonnyboy"]

But is a shame about chadwick always looks good but is so bloody injury prone!!!!!!

[/quote]

Chadwick links up with Otsembor better than Croft, Croft is the definition of absolutly no end product.

Chadwick drifts into the middle to often and lacks the killer pace. Croft has always been unlucky (Chelsea...yes i remember) and is link up / over lapping play with Otsemebor always causes defenses problems!

The only problem i can see with Croft is that he is unpredictable. You never know what ur going to get if he starts. Super sub he''s always fine.

However if he does start consistently then we will get the rewards.

I also feel that last year Croft was always trying to catch up fitness, wise, hopefully he''s better this year!

yes ok chadwik drifts in.... but look at us the attack with him in the team.                           dublin           evanshuckerby                    chadwick               semi                 pattison                   fozzycamara           doc            shackell                        marshall

for example, a surging run up the pitch from the right by chadwick (as he does) if he decides to drift in, the electrified pace of semi can fill a void where chadwick was. and fozzy or pattison surging into the box...you will obviously say "ahh but now we are going to get countered and there are hardly any players back...."  BUT,  obviously...either fozzy or pattison can cover the space where semi was if the attack was countered, overall this tactic seems ok in the sense that you will have  5 attackers,  2 holding mids, 3 defenders back and still, balanced.im no genius im aware, just personally, i think we would be fine without croft.

[quote user="YellowIce"][quote user="Jonnyboy"]

[/quote]

Chadwick links up with Otsembor better than Croft, Croft is the definition of absolutly no end product.

[/quote]Quite often crofts crossing is something left to be desired, however he does link up very well with Ostemobor and he is beginning to look better with his crossing. He has much more pace than chadwick and ostemobor seems less reluctant to overlap when he''s with croft, for some reason.

The reason that Otsemobor is more reluctant to overlap Croft is because Croft is a winger, so he looks to go wide to the byline and cross it. Chadwick is a wide midfielder, Meaning he will come inside and link up with the other midfielders. Therefore, with Chadwick Otsemobor has a lot more room to run into.

As for the clever clog who was talking about ''I cant remember anything hes done this season'', cast your mind back to the beginning of the season, he set up several for Jamie, along with Otsemobor.

After the reserve game the other night, it appears that Dave can play right midfield too. What Im thinkin is that with Chadwick injured almost all the time, Roeder is looking to see if some of the guys that arent getting in that often can play in other positions. Or maybe, Im just being very very optimstic. Yes, that sounds more like it...

The team that is picked by Roeder are the team that he thinks can do the job on the day. If its Croft, Huckerby, Smith, Dave, or if he goes mad I suppose Doherty, we have to rely on him that they can get the job done.

He''s worse than Tony Daley at crossing the ball.  Ultimately, for a winger, that''s pretty damning.Now, if we could graft Lappin''s left foot onto Croft''s body, we''d be in there.I preferred Mark Rivers to Croft.  I preferred Anselin to Croft.

Have u ever played football at a decent standard? Far better than conference, just needs a run in the side. If you know about the game you will appreciate his qualities...quick,good touch and a natural wide player. Just lacks the final ball at times.