Sign in to follow this  
Mister Chops

Roeder - we will be active in the transfer window

From Roeder''s article on the EEN website:   

"The January window is a particularly difficult one to trade in.

As I found at Newcastle, where I didn''t have any money to spend anyway, I could''ve got some loans in but that was almost impossible.

But despite my reservations, here at Norwich City, if I can find two or three players I know the board will back me, which is comforting to know.

There will be many Championship managers who will be able to be active in this coming transfer window, and I''m lucky to be one of them.

We''re working in the background on keeping the loan players, Matty Pattison, Mo Camara, Jimmy Smith and Ched Evans, I already have here at the club. "

[quote user="Mister Chops"]

As I found at Newcastle, where I didn''t have any money to spend anyway, I could''ve got some loans in but that was almost impossible.

But despite my reservations, here at Norwich City, if I can find two or three players I know the board will back me, which is comforting to know.

There will be many Championship managers who will be able to be active in this coming transfer window, and I''m lucky to be one of them.

We''re working in the background on keeping the loan players, Matty Pattison, Mo Camara, Jimmy Smith and Ched Evans, I already have here at the club. "

[/quote]

Lets hope he is right.

It will signal a major change of policy or perhaps someone at the club has won the Lottery.

[quote]It will signal a major change of policy or perhaps someone at the club has won the Lottery.[/quote]

Or possibly players that haven''t figured so far will be leaving, either on loan or transferred, freeing up wages for loan players that Roeder wants in.

He may have said that Mr Chops but apparently the board have lied to him and the only movement in January will be Roeder walking out like Martin O''Neill did when he realises that the funds aren''t really available. So now I don''t know what to make of it all so I guess I will have to wait and see.

[quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

"The January window is a particularly difficult one to trade in. As I found at Newcastle, where I didn''t have any money to spend anyway, I could''ve got some loans in but that was almost impossible.But despite my reservations, here at Norwich City, if I can find two or three players I know the board will back me, which is comforting to know. There will be many Championship managers who will be able to be active in this coming transfer window, and I''m lucky to be one of them. We''re working in the background on keeping the loan players, Matty Pattison, Mo Camara, Jimmy Smith and Ched Evans, I already have here at the club. "

[/quote]

Lets hope he is right.

It will signal a major change of policy or perhaps someone at the club has won the Lottery.

[/quote]Doesn''t your constant negativity ever get you down?The board have already backed him with loan players (these players involve an upfront fee plus wages don''t you know) and if we can keep those loan players and add more in I would be absolutely delighted.

Now now Nutty, no need for sarcasm!!

I am hoping it is a REAL change in policy, and that the Martin O''Neill horror show doesn''t repeat itself. IF that were to happen I don''t want to think of the consequences.

Glenn Roeder will be our best ever manager, given the right backing from the board. He can certainly identify the players we need and get them due to his standing in the game. Under his management I think we can rise again and get out of this league and back to the Premiership. He has said he wants a challenge and is no doubt out to prove a lot of people wrong.

Let''s hope the board are truly changing their policy shift and prudence takes a back seat.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

He may have said that Mr Chops but apparently the board have lied to him and the only movement in January will be Roeder walking out like Martin O''Neill did when he realises that the funds aren''t really available. So now I don''t know what to make of it all so I guess I will have to wait and see.

[/quote]I think you''re being sarcastic... but it does say something for the tone of this message board where a "good news" item like this has 4 posts, while all the gloom, doom and sky is falling posts have at least sixty replies of the "I know what the board will do better than you or they do" variety.Still, in the absence of community service I guess people fill their time as they see fit.

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]
I think you''re being sarcastic... but it does say something for the tone of this message board where a "good news" item like this has 4 posts, while all the gloom, doom and sky is falling posts have at least sixty replies of the "I know what the board will do better than you or they do" variety.

Still, in the absence of community service I guess people fill their time as they see fit.
[/quote]

Now, why do you think that ''gloom, doom and the sky is falling posts - far exceed these ''good news'' posts......?

I''ll reserve my ecstasy - till after the ''event'' in January.....(make that 5 posts).

By the way, how''s your community service going?

...or it could be that some people are not happy unless they are constantly being negative, slagging people off and whinging....

...0-1!! 

...or it could be that some people are not happy unless they are constantly being negative, slagging people off and whinging....

.......and those who are not happy unless they are constantly being negative, slagging people off and whingeing at the those who have a different opinion and viewpoint, concerning events at NCFC.[:|]

1-0 to City (final score), HOORAH!

[quote user="Big Down Under"][quote user="ricardo"][quote user="Mister Chops"]

[/quote]

Lets hope he is right.

[/quote]

Doesn''t your constant negativity ever get you down?

The board have already backed him with loan players (these players involve an upfront fee plus wages don''t you know) and if we can keep those loan players and add more in I would be absolutely delighted.
[/quote]

I thought my reply sounded a pretty positive note BDU.

If we do eventually end up spending more on transfers than we have recieved it will certainly signal a change of policy from recent years.

[quote user="James Maloney"][quote user="Mello Yello"]

By the way, how''s your community service going?

[/quote]

Fine.  I''m Ian Murray''s chauffeur, so I''m putting the hours in.

[/quote]

I thought Sinclair C5s were only a single seater?.....Or does he sit on the crossbar of your Chopper?.....[:P]

Good new that he has the option.

The way I see it, avoiding relegation is the main goal of this season. Given that transfer''s in the January window tend to be higher both in terms of fees and wages due to club desperation / optimism than in the close season part of me thinks that if we can get away with avoiding relegation then it''s better for Norwich to survive on loans with no signings. If Roeder can pick up some quality bargains in the January window great, but not expensive mediocre stop gaps with the limit funds available that wont do us any good long term, and take away for the summer budget. Much better to save the money for the close season to give Roeder a bigger war chest for a promotion push next season when he is more likely to get better quality players for less money without the January panic buying that often leads to poor decisions.

Then again, it all depends on avoiding relegation, and giving Roader the option to buy players in the window that he feels we need either as cheap injury cover or quality bargains before losing them to other teams before the close season.

thought my reply sounded a pretty positive note BDU.

If we do eventually end up spending more on transfers than we have

recieved it will certainly signal a change of policy from recent years.

Re reading it now, so do I, but maybe everything looks more positive after 3 more points earned! OTBC

[quote user="Big Down Under"] thought my reply sounded a pretty positive note BDU.

If we do eventually end up spending more on transfers than we have recieved it will certainly signal a change of policy from recent years.

Re reading it now, so do I, but maybe everything looks more positive after 3 more points earned! OTBC

[/quote]

Yes, thats very true. The weekend always seems better after a good result.

Hopefully we can all enjoy a happy Christmas day and look forward with relish to a rousing end to the Christmas week with even more lovely points in the bag.

Cmon you Yellas!

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]Now now Nutty, no need for sarcasm!!

[/quote]

Sometimes it just can''t be helped [;)]

Roeder has continually said that he has been backed by the board, will be backed by the board, that City''s offer for Taylor was a good one and that he wouldn''t be upping it. It''s like posters don''t believe him but don''t want to call him a liar so they say he has been sucked in by the boards spin. Now I am pretty sure that Roeder is way too  clued up and experienced to be sucked in by celebrity chefs and the like. My personal favourite last week was after posting on here how Roeder thinks that since he has been here Doherty has been outstanding whenever he has played - I was told, in all seriousness, that Roeder has to say that in public!

Sometimes there is a need!!!

Happy Christmas Gazza [B]