Sign in to follow this  
Canarygeorge

Skippers armband

Tomorrow Glenn Roeder is going name the player to skipper to the end of the season.

Who do you think it will be?

Dion, the best leader but unlikely to play  every game.

Shacks? Not for me really.

Fozzy? He didn''t really cover himself in glory wearing the armband against Plymouth.

Or maybe we''ve reached an agreement for Martin Taylor, and he''s our new leader.

Several people have tried to prise the name of the player Glen sees as the captain but he wont say until tomorrow.

I know the Taylor bit is a bit hopeful, but i can dream cant i ?      

Maybe Taylor will be given it for the Sheff Utd game to try and persuade him to stay.

If not i''d like Dion to get it, he''s played quite a lot of our games this season.

If I had to pick a captain I''d probably go for Russell.

I don''t think there are many genuine contenders but at least with Rusty whether he''s playing well or not he never stops running, never stops putting in the hard work for the team.

I actually wouldn''t mind David Marshall being captain either. I know his goalkeeping hasn''t always been perfect but I get the impression he''s there for the cause and he''s likely to play every game.

As for Fotheringham, what I''ve liked about him this season is that he''s looked hungry for it. But against Plymouth I thought being captain had gone to his head a bit, not saying he was coming across as being arrogant just that I thought there were some things he tried to do in a hurry or times he tried to play a harder ball then he needed to. Not saying it''s a bad thing for a player to do that at times just thought he could have kept it a bit simpler.

Shackell definitely wouldn''t be top of my list but in some ways I wouldn''t be surprised if Roeder stuck with him just to avoid rocking the boat or denting his confidence.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Darel Russell

or

Mark Fotheringham.

it will be someone whos going to play every week.

jas :)

[/quote]

It cant be Russell cos he''s suspended today.

Who is likely to be selected for every game if fit ?

Marshall, Semmy, Shacks, Fozzy, Pattison, maybe Hucks, maybe Dion. Probably be one these 6, probably not Semmy.

Not really a curveball Hucks, ppl have always said that but i dont think it would help the other players.

In all team sport im involved in the ''star'' player is never the captain, they have their own job to do. It has to be someone who can get the best out of the players at their managers side.

Dion is an obvious choice but he wont play all thew time, i like the idea of fozzy as captain.

Read todays EDP. it may just give you the answer...........

Before the Plymouth game Roeder said to Fozzy "Listen, You''re going to captain the team, I am expecting big things from you as a leader on the pitch this year"

Kind of answers the question really

Yeah, it''s Fozzy. Good luck to the boy.

Just hope Tuesdays poor performance was a one off. Being captain seemed to have a bad effect then. Maybe he''ll grow in stature as he gets used to it.

COM''ON YOU YELLAS

So long as its not Dreary or Shack, the worst decisions made by the last two managers....... bar signing Hooooz