Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Hartson, that 60k down the drain

Lets not forget he set up the derby day equaliser! I am not doubting that he was unfit but if he didnt come on at half time against the scum who knows if we would have got back into the game. There are better players that we could get, mainly because they are fit, but I would take Norwich spending 60k ( if thats correct) and not loosing to Ipswich.

Meh... 60k off the wage budget is peanuts, mate. I guess it means he was on 12k a week for a month, which again - more than most of the squad, but you''d expect that!

he had one blinding game for you

yes 60k - wba saw you coming

but im sure you would rather your club spend that 60k on him saving derby day

than your team taking a drumming and causing ultimate insult

i know he had bad game other night, but what gets me is how roeder thought of him as 1st choice striker to now being realesed in space of 2-3days?

[quote user="we8wba"]

i know he had bad game other night, but what gets me is how roeder thought of him as 1st choice striker to now being realesed in space of 2-3days?

[/quote]One blinding game for us...............When?

[quote user="we8wba"]

[/quote]One blinding game for us...............When?

It could have worked out...............but only a fool would have believed that.

OTBC

[quote user="we8wba"]i know he had bad game other night, but what gets me is how roeder thought of him as 1st choice striker to now being realesed in space of 2-3days?[/quote]He didn''t look at all fit and possessed no threat or mobility. Admittedly you don''t even need to see him play to notice his chronic lack of fitness.

if he was on 12k a week just think what ameobi will be on if he comes like some people on this forum think

[quote user="O.J."][quote user="we8wba"]i know he had bad game other night, but what gets me is how roeder thought of him as 1st choice striker to now being realesed in space of 2-3days?[/quote]
He didn''t look at all fit and possessed no threat or mobility. Admittedly you don''t even need to see him play to notice his chronic lack of fitness.
[/quote]

i thought he created most of your chances 2nd half n genuinly looked good holding ball up

ok blinding bit far, but i thought he turned the tie on its head

im not saying he good player as i was 1st to critise the signing for you, but he lost alot of weight althiygh still 3stone over

[quote user="we8wba"]

[quote user="O.J."][quote user="we8wba"]i know he had bad game other night, but what gets me is how roeder thought of him as 1st choice striker to now being realesed in space of 2-3days?[/quote]
He didn''t look at all fit and possessed no threat or mobility. Admittedly you don''t even need to see him play to notice his chronic lack of fitness.
[/quote]

i thought he created most of your chances 2nd half n genuinly looked good holding ball up

ok blinding bit far, but i thought he turned the tie on its head

im not saying he good player as i was 1st to critise the signing for you, but he lost alot of weight althiygh still 3stone over

[/quote]Problem for me we8wba was tuesday night.I have never seen in 30 years of watching norwich a more lacklust performance.When you have someone who can''t move playing for you it almost reduces you to 10 men.Unless the ball was within a foot of him he made no effort to get it.Glenn roeder imho was kind enough not to subsitute him after 30 mins cos i would have done.Yes he was once a good player but he ain''t now,we really haven''t got time on our side to let him get fit(i don''t think he could myself) so i am very pleased he has gone

I reckon that might have been down to Grant, remember he was bleating just before he went that he was trying to get someone in on loan, but their club wanted £12k a week and he hadn''t played since February?

I''d bet any money you like it was Hartson he was referring to...