Sign in to follow this  
Polar

Ratings from plymouth

Scrap them.no ratings, only Croft, Lappin and Brown come out with any real credit.Marshall - not really any hope on any of the goals, some dodgy kicking but... well yeahOstemobor - fast and has some skill but gets caught out to much, had murray covering him far to often, though where the hell murray was playing i have no ideaTaylor - keep, very good. shame he was injuredShackell - with taylor next to him yes, he was good but when Spillane had to drop back he lost his confidence and doesnt have what it takes to be the leader at the back, never mind the team.Lappin - did what he could and created most of our chances, some nice stepovers and a few tricks but little end product. pick of a bad bunch though.Murray - bye byeSpillane - potential and effort but ripped apart today.Brellier - who? hes all yellow.... with cardsRussel - tried and desperatly unlucky to hit the bar after a cracking shot, highlight of the game. can''t passCroft - ran and ran some good balls which came to nothing,  can''t float a ball in though.Martin - didnt have anything to do, had no service and when he did it was in the air, no chance. not his fault though.Cureton - tried but when he asked for the ball on the left it was blasted down the right, when he wanted it on the air it was on the ground, when he wanted it on the ground it was in the air.Brown - bullied the defence, i was suprised by his speed hes much faster than i thought. missed a sitter of a header.Strihavka - didnt have much time to do anything.

yes its grim, just before half time we had a really good spell of possesion, got the ball moving actually kept the pastyboys away from the ball and created space, only for croft to lash a powerless shot at the keeper. our problem i think is in the centre of the park, there was NO creativity, no sliding passes and no understanding between them.i think we need:a fast strikera midfielder who can create, maybe fozzy can but the jurys out.Taylor - hes a must we need him, hes the right man to be next to shacks.

MOM - Lee Clark, at least he tried to stir some life out of them in the technical area. i hope they are still locked in the dressing room.

From what i could hear on the faithful radio, croft seemed the only one willing to make runs.We know he can''t cross to well, but it''s the best i heard of an awful performance

Just got back from game.  They were all shite.  Lappin the worst of a bad bunch.  Too peed off to even think about it now.

thanks for the first hand account polar - makes grim reading and as bad as it sounded. desparate days indeed.  i think the key to our ippo improvement was the midfield control we had - we never let em settle, and there was good tackling back, ball winning etc.  at last i thought.  i could see some real commitment and potential in brellier - enough to see why some scottish fans rated him enough to make the guy their hero and create a tricolour for him.frustratingly, it seems the only flag brellier is waving now is a white one.  i don''t know if the boy is injured again, or carrying a cold/illness??? but if its to do with suspect character/attitude - then imo we should pay up his contract and ship the boy back to france right now.  and that goes for any other of the fainthearts.  get rid and quick - loan em out, i don''t care - my concern is the future of NCFC not the ego''s of the players.to escape from this hole, the players must all be singing from the same hymn sheet and be 100% behind roeders and clarkes vision - if they''re not get rid - simple as.  forget this quality in the dressing room bilge, taylor repeated this myth again friday in the pinkun - these boys must be motivated 110% and all pulling in the same direction - factions in the dressing room must not be allowed to fester in a ny shape or form.  and that also includes the board room.  i honestly don''t think the directors are speaking with one heart and mind, and they must be if they are to properly and sincerely serve the best interest of NCFC.  imo, this is paramount to the city cause - if the powerbrokers are self-serving and looking after their own corners, this can''t be good for NCFC and possibly is a drain on it, setting a poor example.  if there is discord, it must be set aside for the sake and good order of NCFC.  all concerned at NCFC must truly put the club first above their own interest if we are to survive this season intact and still in the champs. perhaps there isn''t trouble and strife, but if not where are the players we need???if the smiths and turners are playing games with each other at the expense of NCFC then its to their eternal shame.in short - the money must be found top fully support roeder - if not we''re facing a titanic struggle to remain in this division, cos regretfully, the squad we''ve got isn''t upto the task.

Don''t think the board are disunited. Just united in their mishandling of this club. The only way we can be saved is to throw money at the problem. Money which we don''t appear to have. Typical luck of a doomed team is to have your only decent players out injured or suspended when you most need them.

Marshall

Loanee  Dublin Taylor(loanee) Loanee

Chadwick Loanee  Loanee Huckerby

Loanee  Cureton

i wish i had stayed at home and watched Strictly Come Dancing

it wasn''t quite as bad as Wolves & QPR but i''m clutching at straws ....

problem is, with relegation an odds-on possibility, i fear the board will become more prudent and budget for the inevitable instead of gambling with investment in some decent players who ''might'' get us out of this mess.

so many people used Leeds and Bradford as examples of how badly it can go wrong if you over-spend. Seems like our board have proven you can emulate them regardless of outlay.

the players Grant brought in are truly dire.We''ve paid peanuts and frankly they''re not even good monkeys...

Marshall 4 - what happened to the great shot stopper?   Looked clownish at times.

Semmy 6 - gave us some width and speed

Taylor 6 - his understanding with Shacks still needs work and looks a bit slow.  Looked like a groin strain took him off.

Shacks 5 - Confidence shot.

Lappin 6 - showed some class but not a defender.

Croft  7 - scored higher for effort rather than output

Russell 7 - similarly worked hard, no creative spark.  Great shot hit bar.

Spillane 5 - off the pace, really struggled at centre back when Taylor went off

Brellier 4 - words fail me

Murray 4 - got stuck in.  Has no idea as an attacking force.

Cureton 6 - no service.  Should have scored when he hit the post, worked hard.

Martin 4 - no service but did nothing at all with the scraps he was fed.  Looked uninterested.

Brown 7 - caused problems for Plymouth in short time on.

Striker 5 - only on a short while.  Has the bemused look down to a fine art now.

Roeder 5 - Must wonder what the hell he has taken on.  It looks like his job is to rearrange the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Do not be fooled by us hitting he woodwork twice.  We could have lost by 5 or 6.  Plymouth missed some gilt edged opportunities.

Actualy turned off the radio at 2-0. But it sounded like most of our away performances for the last 3 seasons rolled into one big mess. The derby was a blip - clearly, ipswich were intimidated by the crowd.. and not really that good. The truth is, these players would actually struggle at a level below the one we are currently at. This scenario could be revisited next season, after a thumping by yeovil sets us adrift in divsion 3. Thanks delia.