Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Scum up, City down

I''m afraid that''s the scenario we''re looking at here and what a bloody awful prospect to have to contemplate in November.

The way things are, and with the greatest will in the World, I can''t see us getting out of this mess and I''ve a horrible feeling that the Scum are an improving side that are likely to be moving up the league over the comming weeks while we''re rooted to the foot of the table. Furthermore, it looks like they''re going to have pots of money to spend in the January transfer window & we haven''t got two brass happinies to rub together. With the current squad I don''t see that there''s any way we can improve our position - we are without any shadow of doubt the worst team in the leage by a country mile.

Let''s face it, it would be unbearable, humiliating and totally unacceptable if they were in the Premiership while we were in League One.

In a week when we have been reminded of past glories by retaining our proud record as the only English club to have won at Bayern Munich I think it''s absolutely criminal how this club has been destroyed by lack of investment and unbelievably bad decision making.

I now have that awful sense of ''karma''.For season after season we have laughed at their misfortune, at their empty stadium which they don''t own, their huge debts, and their underperforming players.We spent hours cheering away when we went top of the league at Portman Road, our sense of euphoria increasing when we went on to win the championship.Now the tables have been turned, Ipswich are the team with the money and the performances, and we are rooted to the bottom of the table, no cash apparently available, while week after week our shower of s*** serves up humiliating loss after humiliating loss.If the unthinkable happens, then we will no longer be the ''Pride of Anglia'' we so smugly named ourselves in the 2004/5 season.Instead, we''ll be a whole league below Colchester.Did anyone invisenge that outside the town hall while the Championship Cup was being lifted? I certainly didnt.

[quote user="Making Plans"]

I''m afraid that''s the scenario we''re looking at here and what a bloody awful prospect to have to contemplate in November.

The way things are, and with the greatest will in the World, I can''t see us getting out of this mess and I''ve a horrible feeling that the Scum are an improving side that are likely to be moving up the league over the comming weeks while we''re rooted to the foot of the table. Furthermore, it looks like they''re going to have pots of money to spend in the January transfer window & we haven''t got two brass happinies to rub together. With the current squad I don''t see that there''s any way we can improve our position - we are without any shadow of doubt the worst team in the leage by a country mile.

Let''s face it, it would be unbearable, humiliating and totally unacceptable if they were in the Premiership while we were in League One.

In a week when we have been reminded of past glories by retaining our proud record as the only English club to have won at Bayern Munich I think it''s absolutely criminal how this club has been destroyed by lack of investment and unbelievably bad decision making.

[/quote]

What concerns me is not the fact that you are more than likely correct in your assumption as to where the two teams will finish at the end of the season but how it will make you feel eg " unbearable, humiliating, totally unacceptable etc ". It''s as if this problem only relates to us and we should somehow be immune to this experience. The game has developed  into some kind of financial monster basically run by rich investors and sky tv driving us all to feel we are entitled to a piece of the cake and causing us to experience all this doom and gloom and negativity if we are excluded from the big pot of gold.

Firstly, look at the teams who have experienced lower league footbal in recent years and have recovered or are recovering. Manchester City, Bristol City, Sheffield Wednesday, Leeds United, Watford etc the list goes on. All these teams have been mismanaged, ill advised etc etc. The only reason we are so screwed up about it all is because money never seems to have been so important in the game as it is today.

Good riddance to the scum if they go up, I won''t find it humiliating, unbearable, unacceptable ( I might have a bloody good laugh when I read their results every week ). Of course Delia and co. have made some big mistakes as have the managers and the players and all have probably had good intentions and did not set their stall out to fail - s**t happens.

If we can''t put all this in perspective then I think the doctors surgeries will be overwhelmed in the coming months as Norwich supporters seek therapy to help them deal with their fears of relegation. We have all contributed to the money monster, perhaps if all of us outside the premiership cancelled sky tv that might help.

While we all get obsessed with money rich investors etc etc the ability to ENJOY a GAME of football involving the team we love diminishes more and more as time goes by.

Oh! and for what its worth I am a manager of a business and I consider their aint many about who are as committed and loyal to the cause as I am. I have to provide my staff with parental guidance, listen to their personal problems, work problems, look after them financially, put up with their rantings, disputes, keep them all working as a team........ and what thanks do I get - none! Unless of course we are enjoying success which sometimes we do and sometimes we don''t......sounds familiar ??? As yet I havnt had the dreaded vote of confidence though, although my MD has told me I''m not the best manager he''s got but the best he''s got in Norwich ( ie the only one ! ) thats reassurring !

So to some up, stuff the investors, stuff the money, Norwich City Fan Forever ! and to those who think they can actually change something, I wish you good luck. To me I have other things to do in my life and I''m probably the only on e left who thinks it is just a game !!  

I wish I had started my reply as a thread as I think my response is valid and applies to many of the current threads on here. As an ardent city fan I would be interested to know why everyone feels so terrible and negative as I consider myself as passionate a fan as the next.

I am genuinely troubled by the fact that I actually think all that is happening is seriously begining to affect other posters health !!![:(]

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

I wish I had started my reply as a thread as I think my response is valid and applies to many of the current threads on here. As an ardent city fan I would be interested to know why everyone feels so terrible and negative as I consider myself as passionate a fan as the next.

I am genuinely troubled by the fact that I actually think all that is happening is seriously begining to affect other posters health !!![:(]

[/quote]

Keep your feet firmly on the ground and the shocks are alot softer....I was staggered at how hysterical this forum became after the Ipswich draw...but it does explain how Smith has been able to manipulate the emotions of easily led City fans who haven''t known real failure for many many years..... Well...they are about to any time now and Robert Chase will become a saint when compared with the legacy Smith will leave behind.....

As for Ipswich...are they doing anything different to NCFC in the Chase era and before? Good youngsters...astute buys to bring on...an inspirational manager...good scouting network....and very little money spent. If you ask me they are simply following the Norwich City model of old....while we''re following the Oldham one.

We''re finally reaping the harvest having sown poor seed for the past 10 plus years of Smith''s tenure.....and all the verbal manure in the world won''t save the crop now.

Oh dear!  The joy & celebrations of nicking a point (& almost 3) from us two weeks ago have disappeared as fast anyone interested in putting money into NCFC.

We all knew you would turn in a good display against us & you did, but you only play us twice a year. The proof of your intent to improve would be in the next few games. Played two lost two.

We have had to endure your gloating when you went up & and at our finincial position but what goes around comes around.

Unless you start getting rid of the likes of Huckerby (has been) you will go down.  I would,nt worry about us going up until we sort our away form out. Jim will spend wisely in Jan, we have learnt from Burleys mistakes & hopefully we can make the promised land.

So take heart sc*m, things may not be too bad.  In 5/10 years time you may turn things around. 

It would not be unbearable seeing us in the Premier league you would get used to it after a few years!

[quote user="Churchmans"]

Oh dear!  The joy & celebrations of nicking a point (& almost 3) from us two weeks ago have disappeared as fast anyone interested in putting money into NCFC.

We all knew you would turn in a good display against us & you did, but you only play us twice a year. The proof of your intent to improve would be in the next few games. Played two lost two.

We have had to endure your gloating when you went up & and at our finincial position but what goes around comes around.

Unless you start getting rid of the likes of Huckerby (has been) you will go down.  I would,nt worry about us going up until we sort our away form out. Jim will spend wisely in Jan, we have learnt from Burleys mistakes & hopefully we can make the promised land.

So take heart sc*m, things may not be too bad.  In 5/10 years time you may turn things around. 

It would not be unbearable seeing us in the Premier league you would get used to it after a few years!

[/quote]

I smell wee![:^)]

[quote user="Churchmans"]

[/quote]

I actually agree with you except for the last bit. Even you won''t have time to get used to seeing yourselves in the premiereship. There is no reason to suppose you will last longer than a season ( thats if you get there ) like the rest of the other poor unfortunates that get promoted. [;)]

The scum are doing well, but as I don''t support them or have sexual relations with my sister I don''t care about Ipswich Town.

What I care about is the prospect of us going down. Some banjo playing yokel from down the a140 can tell me all day how good they are, what I am worried about is my team.

Relegation I just can''t laugh off much longer as a joke

[quote user="Mello Yello"][quote user="Churchmans"]

[/quote]

I smell wee![:^)]

[/quote]

Bugger...they "moderated" a wee post I made the other day....How come you can smell wee when I''m not allowed to?       [;)]

This is very urine-ist on the part of the moderators in my not so humble opinion......

Unfortunately i have to agree with you. Unlike many down here i do not see things thru blue tinted glasses. I have been following Town for nearly 50 years & apart from Robsons heyday when we had a real chance of winning it, clubs like us will alway struggle when we are fortunate enough to get into the top division.  The money men have ruined our game & there is nothing we can about it.  Even with Mr Evans £45 million we will still find it hard.   I joined your message board to have a decent discussion about our football clubs, not take the piss out of each other.

Believe it or not all blues (& yellows) are not w*****s.                                                                                                                                                         

Fair play Churchmans.

I do (I''m sad to say!!) get on with half a dozen scummers and they''re all quite reasonable to me about our plight!

And if you''ve been a ''Tahn'' fan for 50 years that means you''re no youngster (no offence meant!).

Good on you for knowing how to use a computer so well!!!!!!!!

It breaks my heart to see us in this situation, and I hate to say it, but I think we''ll struggle to got away from it!!!!!

GR has got to get players in that will get us out of there, the ones we''ve got obviously aren''t good enough!!!!

My heart says we will get out, but my head says no!!!!!!

[quote user="Canary Pirate"]

[/quote]

Your post was a good one and made some very good points, but some of us cannot dismiss the "mistakes made" with a "sh*t happens" attitude. The club have been in the big league financially (at least in this division) for the last 3 years with £32million sky money £16million player sales and big crowds, yet most of this extra revenue was spent on infrastructure and not on the team- hence the poor squad we now have which cost less than £5million.

And the most ridiculous thing about all this is that we made exactly the same mistake, with a very similar outcome, 12 years ago under Chase! Did the board learn nothing from recent history? Of course not, they are complete idiots.

Ditto Beatle,

I get on (also sad )  with loads of carrot crunchers, have to when your job takes you up the A40.  Sorry to disappoint you but we do have computers down here , electricity as well. (Struggle with text though, what the hells blue tooth!)

Why does,nt GR use some of your youngsters in the side. Jim brought the likes of Garven, Haynes & Trotter thru the ranks when money

was tight. (Apparently your acamedy lads done themselves proud yesterday against us)

It would nt hurt looking in the lower leagues for players. (Walters came from Chester).

I think you''ll get out of your mess but i dont think Roeder is the man to do it. Not exactly charisma man is he?

With regard to the "no youngster" comment, you''re right again but i,m proud to have been a blue for all these years, thru thick & thin.

Its a pity some of your fellow canaries seem to have thrown in the towel already. I remember seeing Tahn lose at home to Chester on a 

filthy Tuesday night in November with less than 10,000 there. Keep the faith.