Sign in to follow this  
Canary Ben

Peter Grant leaves NCFC so what now???

Well, almost exactly one year after he arrived he has gone! Credit to you peter, a true and passionate fan, he new he could take this club for almost 2 1/2 years wages but he left charging us nothing for doing so. credit to you peter. You are a good man and i personally wish the very very best with whatever you do!!!! Thank you for all your hard work and i am truly gutted it i didnt work out! A manager that was sacrifised so the bord could save there own backs! Best of luck peter. And well done its a shame it didt work.

So now,

Are new manager will be duffy, u never no it might even work, unlkely as it is!!!  but it the cheapest possible option so who do you guys turuly want?

Couldn''t agree more Canary Ben. He has has little luck with injuries, has had to endure the sale of 3 of our better players and couldn''t have tried harder to make it work. I would like to thank him for his efforts and wish him all the best. I''m really dissapointed it hasn''t worked for him...

pro grant pointshe didnt have the advantage of a full squad,he did make a few shrewd signings,he didnt have money that he would have liked.antiregardless of all the injuries and financial implications we had a good team.....but they were NOT tactically aware of what was going on.so really, the only bad point was his lack of experience, but thats what countedso expect to see him take a league 2 team up......good luck peter

I fuck*ng hate Etuhu for this Grant had big plans for him to run the midfield and give us the authority in the middle of the park to control and win games.

I really wish Grant had worked out but unfortunatly it didnt. If Duffy is the new man im going mad.

We need experience and great man management to get the best out of what is a capable sqaud!!!

Yellow forever!

[quote user="buddhaboy"]pro grant points

he didnt have the advantage of a full squad,
he did make a few shrewd signings,
he didnt have money that he would have liked.

anti

regardless of all the injuries and financial implications we had a good team.....but they were NOT tactically aware of what was going on.

so really, the only bad point was his lack of experience, but thats what counted
so expect to see him take a league 2 team up......
good luck peter
[/quote]

Another plus is he hasnt ripped the club off by asking for a huge golden hand shake

Good luck to Peter Grant whatever he chooses next. Unfortunately he had a Chief Executive that allowed ridiculous sell on clauses and just as the season is about to start sells the powerhouse in the midfield but more to my disgust he was let down by the players pulling on the yellow and green shirt. Players with no guts or determination to repay supporters. Thanks Mr Grant for not holding the club to ransom ala Worthington for that you have my respect.

add to that the following ''bad breaks'' regarding

injuries to Fotheringham - who looked top class all pre-season, and Smith - allegedly a really class player, and Huckerby - who hasn''t performed yet for us this season

Etuhu, Earnshaw and Safri''s unplanned departures

Martin Hunter walking out on us to go to Watford (could he have helped us get to where they are now?)

Suspension-mania when three players are unavailable due to Red cards!

I think any manager would struggle against that kind of misfortune.

We should have got someone else in after Hunter left though - clearly the management/coaching team needs man-power, and Grant/Duffy were doing the work of 3 men.

Well people wanted him gone and now we''ve got Duffy, dont really understand why he hasn''t gone with him.

Would have rather had a couple of senior players taking temp charge of picking and motivating the team until someone new is appointed.

There is nobody else to name in temporary charge really is there other than Duffy.  Even our board are not bloody crazy enough to say ''go on Dion have a go'' in the current climate.  Plus remember there is an intermational break.  And also remember that the board have known for a few games that Grant has to go if he failed against QPR so HOPEFULLY talks are already underway - none of the applications for the position nonsense we had last time.

[quote user="cityangel"]

Well people wanted him gone and now we''ve got Duffy, dont really understand why he hasn''t gone with him.

Would have rather had a couple of senior players taking temp charge of picking and motivating the team until someone new is appointed.

[/quote]

[quote user="Dave Backham"]

add to that the following ''bad breaks'' regarding

injuries to Fotheringham - who looked top class all pre-season, and Smith - allegedly a really class player, and Huckerby - who hasn''t performed yet for us this season

Etuhu, Earnshaw and Safri''s unplanned departures

Martin Hunter walking out on us to go to Watford (could he have helped us get to where they are now?)

Suspension-mania when three players are unavailable due to Red cards!

I think any manager would struggle against that kind of misfortune.

We should have got someone else in after Hunter left though - clearly the management/coaching team needs man-power, and Grant/Duffy were doing the work of 3 men.

[/quote]

absolutely, one does have to have sympathy with the man, he really was up **** creek without a paddle

[quote user="cityangel"]

[/quote]

You really do show your knowledge of football here CA...

We now have no manager, no 1st team coach and you would of got rid of the only person with any kind of coaching/managerial experience at the club as well?

I''m staggered... lets juts let the players (bunch of misfits) take care of themselves shall we?  Maybe they could arrange a ''jolly boys outing to Margate''???