Sign in to follow this  
followthegreenandyellow

NCFC FANS - IM SORRY. WE SHOULD ALL BE DISGUSTED WITH OURSELVES

I have to say, im with the crowd on most things, and being at the game tonight we still lack confidence and give the ball away! fair doooos.

However, a much better 45 mins, that maybe didnt yeald any goals was booed to high heaven...i think we as the fans are as much to blame for our downfall.  It was disgusting sitting in the jarrold stand and hearing the away support match us to everything...i keep going on, but we need to stick with the players and not give them the stick, is being silent helping????the board are not going to do anything no matter how much you boo and jeer.sorry but we must learm that our influence passes on to the players, it was like a morgue.

I hate chelsea, but how things have been for them, they make their protests heard to the board, but always chant for the players, so lets quite the immature rubbish and back our boys, or there wll be no club left! Maybe the more we cheers for our boys the boardroom may finally take us seriously, otherwise its swings and roundabouts!

So we should be pleased with 5 games without a win?

So we should be pleased with 5 games without a goal?

Should we be pleased with 1 point from a possibe 6 against the might of Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe?

Should we pleased that we couldnt score agaisnt the might of Sheff Wed and Scunthorpe?

Why should we be at all happy?

Why should fans who pay alot og good money for season tickets in particular not show how they feel?

I didnt actually boo the players unlike i did on satturday, but i didnt give them a resounding cheer either, the booing was right in reflection because the board need the message. If all they heard was cheers, Grant would be even more cosy in his job, when the reality of the situation is that we are in deep S**T.

I''m sorry but if the players don''t care. I am finding it very hard myself to get behind a bunch of no hopers.

Its so obvious that Grant has lost the dressing room, until there are changes all over this club we are going League One.

I was a sheep, and feel stooooooooooooopppppppppppid that it took me so long to see sense.

Club is in a mess and singing my friend is not going to help. I felt exactly like you this time last year

but at the present time I am totally disillusioned and feel that the players and the club need to do something very drastic to get me back on side

I didnt hear any boos in the City Stand and thought the fans got behind the team tonight.

To be honest having been to the game tonight I like many (i would imagine??) found it hard to find anything to cheer about, the first 45 was a none event and the second 45 wasnt much better. If the team showed a bit of urgency and managed to string a few passes together and apply some pressure to the opposition like a home side should then maybe there would be a lot more noise from the fans?!

[quote user="followthegreenandyellow"]

I have to say, im with the crowd on most things, and being at the game tonight we still lack confidence and give the ball away! fair doooos.

However, a much better 45 mins, that maybe didnt yeald any goals was booed to high heaven...i think we as the fans are as much to blame for our downfall.  It was disgusting sitting in the jarrold stand and hearing the away support match us to everything...i keep going on, but we need to stick with the players and not give them the stick, is being silent helping????the board are not going to do anything no matter how much you boo and jeer.sorry but we must learm that our influence passes on to the players, it was like a morgue.

I hate chelsea, but how things have been for them, they make their protests heard to the board, but always chant for the players, so lets quite the immature rubbish and back our boys, or there wll be no club left! Maybe the more we cheers for our boys the boardroom may finally take us seriously, otherwise its swings and roundabouts!

[/quote] I only heard the Scunny fans a couple of times but I was in the lower Barclay, if you''re in the Jarrold stand you would obviously hear them more, I actually thought that under the circumstances we got behind the team as well as could be expected.

Yes Scunthorpe fans were noisy and passionate, it''s a great occasion for them, recently promoted etc. Good for them.

I have to say apart from a few in the South Stand having a go at the away section not much singing came from that area.

It wasn''t loud all game but where I was we were doing our bit, singing and encouraging. I can hardly talk this morning - we tried but the team didn''t really give us much to shout about. Even the stewards had a bit of fun and tried to make us sit down.... If only the Barclay sing, what on earth do you expect? I don''t know what was happening up the other end - whether any noise at all was coming from the River End - but I just wish for once the long long line of supporters in the City Stand would do something. Are they alive? lol

fair play people, i was only making a point, and i know the days are long gone, but as a fan i dont want to look dead and buried, the fans make football, if we arnt performing aswell as our team, who is going to push the team over the line, i do believe the time wil come when things get better, and im not sayin people didnt back the players, but atmosphere counts for a lot in my oppinion.

Yes I was alive and shouting encouragement right upto the final whistle but its difficult in there Gazza cause there are a lot of pensioners in there who are more interested in their blankets and flasks [:D]

Time I moved out of there me thinks!

[quote user="hurricane"]

To be honest having been to the game tonight I like many (i would imagine??) found it hard to find anything to cheer about, the first 45 was a none event and the second 45 wasnt much better. If the team showed a bit of urgency and managed to string a few passes together and apply some pressure to the opposition like a home side should then maybe there would be a lot more noise from the fans?!

[/quote]Completely agree with this, the team gave us nothing to cheer, so what are we supposed to get excited about exactly?

[quote user="cityangel"]

Yes I was alive and shouting encouragement right upto the final whistle but its difficult in there Gazza cause there are a lot of pensioners in there who are more interested in their blankets and flasks [:D]

Time I moved out of there me thinks!

[/quote]

I''ve warned you before, angel, about casting aspersions against pensioners as a group. Get in there with them and ask if you can share their blankets and flasks. You''ll be amazed at how quickly some of them will spring to life. 

[quote user="Canary Wundaboy"][quote user="hurricane"]To be honest having been to the game tonight I like many (i would imagine??) found it hard to find anything to cheer about, the first 45 was a none event and the second 45 wasnt much better. If the team showed a bit of urgency and managed to string a few passes together and apply some pressure to the opposition like a home side should then maybe there would be a lot more noise from the fans?![/quote]Completely agree with this, the team gave us nothing to cheer, so what are we supposed to get excited about exactly?[/quote]hurricane - I agree the first 45 was rubbish, but I thought the second half was very much better. OK, the team wasn''t as sharp as they could be, and there were some individual mistakes, but we kept possession (which we were incapable of in the first half) and passed it neatly.Wundaboy - there''s a big, big difference between not getting excited, and booing your team. In any case, I was pretty excited by Martin''s turn and shootAll in all, I was proud of the Barclay and Snakepit because they tried to keep their, and the team''s, spirits up even when things looked very ropey. The booing was moronic, but pretty feeble.

I don''t agree with booing and abuseing your own players during the 90 minutes of play because it''s simply not going to help the team in the slightest and up untill the final whistle blows we haven''t lost the game, however when the final whistle blows then fans are entitled to boo and let their thoughts be known because the players at that point have let us down but not before that.

I agree with you to an extent, the players need us fans to get behind them to give them every chance of getting a result on matchday but giveing the current circumstances where the team haven''t been playing well at all and they simply haven''t gave us anything to cheer about, we can all turn up to games but IMO it''s down to the players now to give  us fans a lift to get a half decent atmosphere going again at carrow road.