Sign in to follow this  
ca

Expectations

Answer me one question honestly, who at 6pm last night expected to get a result away to favourites for promotion Charlton?

shhhhhhhh

I can''t hear anyone so I''ll assume noone. [:)]

So why has everyone gone into moaning overdrive as if the world has come to an end.

Yes Grant is making mistakes, but he''s a new manager with a new team, lets hope he learns from them and quickly.

But remember, we''ve played 6 games and we''ve lost 3, and  there are still 40 games to go.

Lets keep positive and get behind the team and then if there''s no improvement by Xmas you''ll have something to moan about.

I thought we would lose. Although gutted to lose by two pens. Was not there, but disappointed we go away from home looking for 0-0 when it seems we do not have the players to play that way right now.

Still sure Charlton will be in the top six. Lets see how Wolves turns out, but someone has to kick start our season soon, or else we are going to be very mid-table and with the crowds we get we should be looking to move on from that position now.

Not sure who''s fault it is yet. Time may clear that up for me!

its not just the result its the way grant set us up to defend, his team selection confused even the faithful, there is a saying at my wrestling academy, "Some people try and fail, some people fail to try", suit lasts night non performance imo.

To beat Charlton or anybody else you need to score , Grants line up last night said we hope to hang on for a 0-0 draw and thats been very much the way of it since day one at Preston .We can hope for improvement thats about all we have left right now after just 6 games, but in all honesty the players we have are not of the quality needed to get top 10 in this division whoever is managing them .

[quote user="cityangel"]

Answer me one question honestly, who at 6pm last night expected to get a result away to favourites for promotion Charlton?

shhhhhhhh

So why has everyone gone into moaning overdrive as if the world has come to an end.

Yes Grant is making mistakes, but he''s a new manager with a new team, lets hope he learns from them and quickly.

But remember, we''ve played 6 games and we''ve lost 3, and  there are still 40 games to go.

Lets keep positive and get behind the team and then if there''s no improvement by Xmas you''ll have something to moan about.

[/quote]Whats the point of the question and no one able to answer. I for one fully expected us to go to any match this season with an expectation and at least an attempt to win. The way that Grant clearly does not feel that, with the team he has bought, there is any chance of winning is a disgrace. So weve bought players who he feels can at best compete for a draw against the likes of the mighty Charlton.

i thought honestly you would lose

and maybe pick up a 1-1 draw or 0-0 but if i had to put 20quid on the game i would of had the hosts

[quote user="RobertMack"][quote user="cityangel"]

shhhhhhhh

[/quote]

Whats the point of the question and no one able to answer. I for one fully expected us to go to any match this season with an expectation and at least an attempt to win. The way that Grant clearly does not feel that, with the team he has bought, there is any chance of winning is a disgrace. So weve bought players who he feels can at best compete for a draw against the likes of the mighty Charlton.
[/quote]

The point of the question was to remind people that we''ve only played 6 games and all we have on here is moan moan moan, its enough to turn someone to drink. Talk about fickle fans we''d be top of the league for that one!!!

I agree that six games may be alittle early to moan,

However some of his team selection last year was also dodgy

Docherty in centre midfield against Stoke, hmmmmmmmnnnnnn not seeing that one

Chrissy Martin our star, out on the left, does not make any sense.

Brownie upfront, as hard as he tries is not gonna get us a goal

I must admit though from what I have seen this season has left me very worried.

Grant needs  backing from the board, I can''t believe for one moment there is no money.

The Dear Prudence model is not working.

Lets go for a bit of the White album so we can see some serious flare,

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="RobertMack"][quote user="cityangel"]

shhhhhhhh

[/quote]Whats the point of the question and no one able to answer. I for one fully expected us to go to any match this season with an expectation and at least an attempt to win. The way that Grant clearly does not feel that, with the team he has bought, there is any chance of winning is a disgrace. So weve bought players who he feels can at best compete for a draw against the likes of the mighty Charlton.[/quote]

The point of the question was to remind people that we''ve only played 6 games and all we have on here is moan moan moan, its enough to turn someone to drink. Talk about fickle fans we''d be top of the league for that one!!!

[/quote]Nice of you to think there is a need for you to remind everyone of the amount of games played, I dont really see though how it matters one bit. If you can see now the direction we are going in is a negative and wrong one then why wait.

[quote user="RobertMack"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="RobertMack"][quote user="cityangel"]

shhhhhhhh

[/quote]

Whats the point of the question and no one able to answer. I for one fully expected us to go to any match this season with an expectation and at least an attempt to win. The way that Grant clearly does not feel that, with the team he has bought, there is any chance of winning is a disgrace. So weve bought players who he feels can at best compete for a draw against the likes of the mighty Charlton.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Nice of you to think there is a need for you to remind everyone of the amount of games played, I dont really see though how it matters one bit. If you can see now the direction we are going in is a negative and wrong one then why wait.
[/quote]

Welll said RobertMack...  you will have to get used to CA defending the club, team etc etc at all costs....  she is like a broken record mate!!!

As for the question itself...  I expected us to get nothing and the boys in yella (our excuse for a team) duly never let me down yet again.

Would love to see the team go out and play some dazzling football and prove my predictions for this season wrong... but lets all be honest with ourselves... it just ain''t going to happen is it???

Lets all face it, until their is a massive shake up at Carrow Road and we dispose of Granty the Clown and those who pull the puppets strings from the comfort of the boardroom then we are going to have one hell of a long wait to see some decent football from those in yella & green again.