Sign in to follow this  
Gingembre

This is exactly why we are considered by most to be a 'little team'..... harsh but true

13 September 2007Gunn: We need a little help from our friends

City''s Mr Fixit Bryan Gunn today admitted they will need a helping hand if they are to recruit quality players to Norwich. Legendary

City goalkeeper and current club liaison Bryan Gunn says geography and

finance are the biggest obstacles in attracting Premier League quality

players to Norfolk as Peter Grant desperately searches for a solution

to his centre-back crisis. City have just one fit, recognised,

senior central defender in the shape of Gary Doherty, with skipper

Jason Shackell injured and striker Dion Dublin forced into action in

the back four. But while Grant has taken former Cameroon

international Lucien Mettomo on trial, and declared an interest in

Wigan''s Fitz Hall, the gap still needs to be filled.
Now Gunn is

hoping a top-flight side will offer more than tea and sympathy and help

fund a loan move for one of their players, and follow the lead of

Fulham, who paid part of Tony Warner''s wages during his temporary

switch to Carrow Road last season.
There was a debate on here in the summer about why we are perceived as a little club, well this is the reason why.  I admit it''s a fact of life but to go so public???  I''m not so sure.....I don''t now need a barrage of abuse for posting this, I just found it embarrassing last night as I sat a read this. Talk about ''cap in hand''Come on you Yellows

Peter Grant quoted yesterday on the official site :[quote]“I''d still play money for players,” said

Grant. “But it''s not the fact that you pay their loan fee - and that

can be anything to half a million pounds - but on top of that you''re maybe talking about £15,000 a week for somebody who''s maybe played two first team games.”[/quote]Do you blame Gunn for making the most of his contacts to try and release players who need regular matches, when that''s the price being bandied about for inexperienced players ?

Just didn''t see the need to go so public about it - that''s all.My posting was realy in response to many closed season discussions about why we are perceived to be a''little old norwich''I don''t for one minute blame Gunny for using his contacts but I just didn''t see the point of telling everyone (ie. potential signings) how skint we really are - that''s hardly going to attract people is it???Just an opinion

So you are blaming archants wording of a particular issue on the reason why we are considered a "small team", because that is all you highlighted...

Bearing in mind they are not allowed to print lies, Gunn must''ve said it.Once again I will point out that in the summer I recall a few posts about why we are considered by people out of Norfolk to be a small team. Articles like this are the reason why people think that.There are probably loads of reasons why ''out of towners'' think we are smaller than most, and this is just one of them.Pesonally I don''t think we can be considered a big/premiership team until we are in the top flight for a sustained period and can attract players on bigger wage which follows that due to the skytv payments.I sincerely hope we will be too one day!Our attendances are top notch but that is it IMO as our current league position confirms.It''s still early days but I (unfortunately) do not predict a top 6 finish - and how I hope I''m wrong.

[quote]Bearing in mind they are not allowed to print lies, Gunn must''ve said it.[/quote]

It''s not a lie - it can''t be - it''s only an opinion and speculation on archants half, which effectively can never be "wrong" or a "lie".

They have no quote that they could''ve given to make *their* point as they would if they could so they wrote their own passage.

Don''t believe everything you read. Really.

[quote user="paint_me_yellow"]Its got to be said we aren''t exactly a "big" club overall are we? Why people seem surprised by the "little" tag is beyond me.[/quote]

The weekend of the Cardiff home game we had the fourth highest attendance in the country, yesterday the eighth highest. There are plenty of supposed "big clubs" who would love that kind of "small club" support.........

[quote user="Gingembre"]Bearing in mind they are not allowed to print lies, Gunn must''ve said it.[/quote]

How charmingly naive.

Who cares what other people think of us anyway? I don''t care if other supporters or pundits think we''re a "small club" or not. And being called a big or small club doesn''t really mean anything.

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

[quote user="Gingembre"]Bearing in mind they are not allowed to print lies, Gunn must''ve said it.[/quote]

How charmingly naive.

[/quote]

Lol, brilliant! [:D][:D]

[quote user="Graham Humphrey"]

How charmingly naive.

Who cares what other people think of us anyway? I don''t care if other supporters or pundits think we''re a "small club" or not. And being called a big or small club doesn''t really mean anything.

[/quote]

Humps, I agree. But you see the problem is that too many of us are now thinking of ourselves as a small club - led by our major shareholders who find it much easier to fund and run a small club. Hence, our self-allocated soubriquet ''little old norwich''. Shhhhh.....!!

A rather uncharmingly cynical approach to running our club, I would say.

OTBC