Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Jimmy Smith Press Conference Video

certainly an inspiring speaker <cough> loving the david brent style uncomfortable chat at the end

I also liked the way he spoke without moving his lips. Those ventriloquial skills could be a godsend on the pitch - he could throw his voice to put opposing defenders off. Maybe he can even do affecting comedy sound effects like the hilarious bloke out of the Police Academy films, pretending to be a teammate and telling the goalkeeper to leave the ball before sneaking in to score.

Bless him though, he only looks about 12. Will his mum and dad mind him being out of school to play for us?

The bit i thought was interesting was when Grant said "Obviously we have very good links with Chelsea", maybe a possibility of more loan players

Interestingly I looked up Lee Camp on wikipedia and the photo of him looks like he has been just let out of school!!!!

I think Smith is just a bit bored thats all - I mean the questions were not exactly inspiring were they??!!! He opened up a little after Grant made a joke but you do have to remember that the lad is only 20 and this is probably one of his first press conferences.

Lastly - it seems we have signed so many players we have run out of the yellow club shirts!

That was a bit rude, on 5 mintes, the camera turned round and everyone was stood over by the window talking...come on Press, this is a Chelsea player!!!

Looking at his body language and from the way he spoke he didn''t appear particularly thrilled to be there. But then again, Beckham Rooney and countless others give the same impression most of the time.

Let him do his talking on the pitch!

Don''t think you should read much in to it really, he just looked like a nervous young lad in a strange environment, I doubt he''s done much press work in the Chelsea Reserves??

CRS

Why can I never watch the Pink Un video''s? the buffering always crawls to around the 33% mark, than goes straight back to zero and starts again. I''ve even disabled all my Norton''s firewall and anit virus programmes to no avail.

It never loads and I''ve never watched one yet!.

Oh poo.[:''(]

Hejust looked young and nervous. Many people get nervous when there are cameras pointed at them - he''ll soon get used to it. I think it''s refreshing that a player doesn''t seem to think he''s God''s gift.

Also, he looked a bit embarrassed having to sit and listen to Grant sing his praises - it looked like a parents'' evening at school.

Hi Wiz,

Sounds like your connection speed, not on dialup are you? Might be worth trying the videos in a few days when less people are watching them.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Why can I never watch the Pink Un video''s? the buffering always crawls to around the 33% mark, than goes straight back to zero and starts again. I''ve even disabled all my Norton''s firewall and anit virus programmes to no avail.

It never loads and I''ve never watched one yet!.

Oh poo.[:''(]

[/quote]

Windows media player online is generally poor. If you have, for example Winamp, simply go to FILE, ENTER URL and enter the direct url of the video, in this case:

http://media.edp24.co.uk/Video/VideoStock/JimmySmith070719.wmv

Hope it helps!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Hi Wiz,

Sounds like your connection speed, not on dialup are you? Might be worth trying the videos in a few days when less people are watching them.

[/quote]

Pete:

Yup still on dial up I''m afraid, and my son says my PC is so old it must work on steam!. But cheers anyway, I''ll try againn later.

Wiz, and anyone else still on dialup, I may have a solution. I will shortly be creating an audio file of each press conference for you to listen to. Obviously this will be a much smaller file that you should have no trouble listening to. Watch this space!

[quote user="Web Team - Pete"]

Wiz,

Let me know how you get on listening to the audio file of the Jimmy Smith press conference here please:

http://media.edp24.co.uk/Audio/Pink/JimmySmith.wma

If it works then I''ll create one for all the other press conferences.

[/quote]

Pete:

Still no joy I''m afraid, I''m almost sure the problems my end. My pc, (XP by the way) has seen better days and I have quite a few programes running all the time, Nortons etc.

But many thanks for trying to help me.

Glad you got there in the end Wiz. I''ll create audio files for all the other press conferences next week.