Sign in to follow this  
Karl Pilkington

MAN IN THE STANDS??

I''ve only ever heard whispers of The Man''s real name (which I have also forgotten, so it doesn''t help). Maybe it was wiped from my mind. I''m sure I would have to sign the Pink ''Un equivalent of the Official Secrets Act if I was told directly.

But I''m certain that (1) The Man is just one person, and (2) he''s not employed by Archant in any other capacity than to write his column.

my opinion is either rick waghorn or richard balls, i once heard that it was the latter but that was not confirmed. the way that mr balls writes Fans Eye on a saturday leads me to believe its him

it wont be waghorn,he already has a separate article.who knows, he could even post on this message board

It''s not me, it''s not Balls and it''s not Waghorn. And I''m not telling you who it is as the whole point of MITS is that he''s anonymous.

whoever it is, i love his/her sense of humour (yes, i know he is called man in the stands, but you never know!!) - it is a great column and although i don''t always agree with everything said, i do read it every week and enjoy it, can''t say fairer than that i guess

I generally love reading his column, but haven''t a clue who he is! What I do know is that I harbour a secret (no longer secret!) ambition to be ''THE BIRD IN THE STANDS''. If I hadn''t gone into the world of education I would have loved to become a journo, so if there''s anyone out there from Archant who thinks this is a goer, please post an e-mail on here. I am waiting!!!

maybe its the wise old 1stwizard or a1canary,they seem to know their stuff and have kept quiet on this one

Susie,
A word of advice. If you become Bird in the Stands I wouldnt share your dreams with the Pinkun readers!

Don''t worry Kathy, I would, of course, have no time whatsoever to sleep as I would be out doing ''research'' or tied to my desk trying to put together decent copy for peeps to digest at their leisure! Anyone got any matchsticks or ProPlus?