Sign in to follow this  
FUEL ROX

scunthorpe confirm 2.5 million bid for billy sharpe

It''s going to be a long, interesting summer. Even if we dont get Sharp there are plenty of other decent strikers about for the money we do now seem to have. Eastwood, Healy, Riordan spring to mind, and we might even be able to buy a top notch midfielder, a decent centre half and a goalkeeper.

If Wolves are intersted in signing him, I don''t fancy our chances of luring him to FCR. Wolves will be favourits for promotion & have stacks more cash to tempt him to the black country.

what a fantastic signing this would be! im going to presume that earnshaw will be sold for more then what we buy sharp for.... he''s an excellent finisher and his alround game is better then that of earnshaw''s.. i.e he can link up play.. my only worry being that wolves will nip him first

Come on Archant Journos do your job... get the official statement from Grant or Doomcaster confirming... and if they fob u off then mention that the scunny have accepted the bid.

It could be on the front page by tommorow morning.

Having said that i think the Scunny have made it up to generate moe interest and Higher bids.. happens all the time in football with Phantom bids.

jas :)

Go Granty Go!this would be a great and fantastic signing.I can''t help but think in the back of my mind that this must confirm Earnshaw is probably going to leave.Or maybe we are a club with ambition that can afford to have both these strikers and Chris Martin in the works.

Keogh was the better player at scunny and wolves have already bought him,   however sharp appears to be the better finisher.  He is now a champs player so whether a sideways move appeals to him or whether we are being used to tempt a prem club we can only wait and see,  but I would say he is not yet ready for the prem.

Earnie give us a known product,  swapping him for Sharp would be a riskier choice but would probably give the team a more balanced feel.

It seem Grant knows he has to get his squad in place by the time pre season training starts;  hopefully he can succeed.

I feel we could have another worthy saga on our hands here, selling McKenzie and being pipped by Wigan to Cotterill.

Earnie leaves and Wolves beat us to Sharp because of Keogh being there and there better chance of promotion.

But as Grant has already said they have an A, B and C list, and they also have more time to organise something else so hopefully this will not happen.