Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Forget Sharp, it was only ever the usual feeble effort!.

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I would imagine your good lady makes your tea each morning. If you''re true to form it must go something like this:

Day 1 - You didn''t leave the tea bag in long enough dear

Day 2 - There''s too much milk dear

Day 3 - There''s not enough sugar dear

Day 4 - The tea tastes okay dear but I wanted coffee this morning.

[/quote]

[8]"Right," said Wiz, "Both of us together One on each end and steady as we go." Tried to shift it, couldn''t even lift it We was getting nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea [C]and

"Right," said Wiz, "Give a shout for Smudger [:@]." Up comes Smudger from the floor below. After strainin'', heavin'' and complainin'' We was getting nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea[C].

And Smudger had a think[I], and he thought we ought to take off all the handles And the things wot held the candles. But it did no good, well I never thought it would[8-)] "All right," said Wiz[I], "Have to take the feet off To get them feet off wouldn''t take a mo[O]."

Took its feet off, even took the seat off Should have got us somewhere but no! So Wiz said, "Let''s have a cuppa tea.[C]" And we said, "right-o[Y]."

"Right," said Wiz,[I] "Have to take the door off Need more space to shift the so-and-so." Had bad twinges taking off the hinges And it got us nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea [C]and

"Right," said Wiz,[I] " Have to take the wall down, That there wall is gonna have to go." Took the wall down, even with it all down We was getting nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea[C].

And Smudger had a think,[I] and he said, "Look, Wiz, I get a sort of feelin'' If we remove the ceilin'' With a rope or two we could drop the blighter through."[um]

"All right," said Wiz, climbing up a ladder With his crowbar gave a mighty blow[li]. Was he in trouble, half a ton of rubble landed on the top of his dome.[:''(] So Smudger and me had another cuppa tea[C] And then we went home.

(I said to Smudger, "We''ll just have to leave it Standing on the landing, that''s all Trouble with Wiz is, he''s too hasty Never get nowhere if you''re too hasty.")

[/quote]

Bloody hilarious Nutty!, post of the month in my opinion, well done....................and so you should be!.[:D]

[/quote]

hehehehe.... well something ought to be done with him Wiz... I just ain''t quite sure for the life of me what????  [8-)]

You''re barking [&] mad sir!!!

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

I would imagine your good lady makes your tea each morning. If you''re true to form it must go something like this:

[/quote]

[8]"Right," said Wiz, "Both of us together One on each end and steady as we go." Tried to shift it, couldn''t even lift it We was getting nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea [C]and

"Right," said Wiz, "Give a shout for Smudger [:@]." Up comes Smudger from the floor below. After strainin'', heavin'' and complainin'' We was getting nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea[C].

And Smudger had a think[I], and he thought we ought to take off all the handles And the things wot held the candles. But it did no good, well I never thought it would[8-)] "All right," said Wiz[I], "Have to take the feet off To get them feet off wouldn''t take a mo[O]."

Took its feet off, even took the seat off Should have got us somewhere but no! So Wiz said, "Let''s have a cuppa tea.[C]" And we said, "right-o[Y]."

"Right," said Wiz,[I] "Have to take the door off Need more space to shift the so-and-so." Had bad twinges taking off the hinges And it got us nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea [C]and

"Right," said Wiz,[I] " Have to take the wall down, That there wall is gonna have to go." Took the wall down, even with it all down We was getting nowhere And so we had a cuppa tea[C].

And Smudger had a think,[I] and he said, "Look, Wiz, I get a sort of feelin'' If we remove the ceilin'' With a rope or two we could drop the blighter through."[um]

"All right," said Wiz, climbing up a ladder With his crowbar gave a mighty blow[li]. Was he in trouble, half a ton of rubble landed on the top of his dome.[:''(] So Smudger and me had another cuppa tea[C] And then we went home.

(I said to Smudger, "We''ll just have to leave it Standing on the landing, that''s all Trouble with Wiz is, he''s too hasty Never get nowhere if you''re too hasty.")

[/quote]

Bloody hilarious Nutty!, post of the month in my opinion, well done....................and so you should be!.[:D]

[/quote]

Wizard, I''m very happy that you derived great pleasure from Nutty Nigel''s humorous input. I also hope that, when the laughter died down, you were perceptive enough not to overlook his underlying message.

Huh?Where''s the emotional blackmail in my post Wiz? I merely stated the fact that we are being linked with 2 great players - both of whom have had confirmed offers made for them, and that I find it difficult to understand why this action would be criticised.I simply asked whether or not you could get behind the club on this situation, and take the view like many of us, that are actually hoping that these attempts do results in us getting the aforementioned players.How on earth can placing genuine bids for two players be classed as spin or crap from the board? Both are highly viable as signings, the fact that other clubs may compete for their signatures, still should not prevent us from making the effort to get them to sign for us and not anyone else.Just because previous links have not happened, does not mean that these will not. In fact, as I understand it, the Marshall deal is settled from his perspective, it''s merely up to the clubs to agree a fee between them.

[quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hilarious. Post of the year, by a mile.

However, Wiz you are talking shite....

[quote user="Safri15a"][quote user="nutty nigel"][quote user="YankeeCanary"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hilarious. Post of the year, by a mile.

However, Wiz you are talking shite....

[/quote]

Well we have the apologist''s (original version) here already don''t we?

Bloody hilarious how we could so easily swap SMUDGER for DELIA [6] and then WIZ for NUTTY or the rest of you SHEEP...

and by editing as thus we would then have (Version 2 - The Realist''s Version) for the rest of us on this message baord!!!  [;)]

We must be the only team in the country where some of the fans are unhappy at a £2.5 million bid for the football league''s highest scorer last year!!!!

Mind you, the mind boggles at the the thought of Wiz eating his wand.........[:P]

I''ve lost focus on what''s actually going on here, so as a clever and idealistic way to show me displeasure whilst appealing to the general public i''ve decided to steall all of your sink units.

Oh yeah, toasters too.

hogesar.

[quote user="Smudger"]

Well we have the apologist''s (original version) here already don''t we?

Bloody hilarious how we could so easily swap SMUDGER for DELIA [6] and then WIZ for NUTTY or the rest of you SHEEP...

and by editing as thus we would then have (Version 2 - The Realist''s Version) for the rest of us on this message baord!!!  [;)]

[/quote]Certainly we could - since as proved on another thread misquotes are a common part of your armoury.

Well done Nutty. Unfortunately Yankee was right, its gone sailing right over Smudger''s head.Smudger, just drop this ''bah'' / ''apologists'' crap, can''t you? You agreed on another thread to agree to disagree, and now you are starting this drivel again.Wiz, I suggest you just try and be happy, its great news we are bidding for exciting young talent. Yes he could end up elsewhere, but honestly suggesting the board only bid *knowing* they wouldn''t land him is a conspiracy theory too far.

The "news" from eatsleepsport sounds encouraging, even if it is mainly speculation and previously used quotes...City favourites to land striker    Mon, Jun 04 2007 16:19Norwich''s hopes of landing Billy Sharp have been boosted by the news that Sheffield Wednesday have pulled out of the race to sign him.    The Owls are understood to have had two bids for the player turned down and with plenty of interest from other clubs the price is unlikely to come down so Wednesday boss Brian Laws has shelved his interest and will now look elsewhere.Scunthorpe chairman Steve Wharton remains confident he will get the money he wants for his player. He said: "Clubs looking at Billy know that our asking price is £2million, plus various other things built into the package to make it substantially more."Canaries boss Peter Grant is reportedly ready to go as high as £2.5million for the highly-rated youngster and that makes City favourites to wrap up a deal.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]The "news" from eatsleepsport sounds encouraging, even if it is mainly speculation and previously used quotes...

City favourites to land striker    Mon, Jun 04 2007 16:19
Norwich''s hopes of landing Billy Sharp have been boosted by the news that Sheffield Wednesday have pulled out of the race to sign him.    
The Owls are understood to have had two bids for the player turned down and with plenty of interest from other clubs the price is unlikely to come down so Wednesday boss Brian Laws has shelved his interest and will now look elsewhere.

Scunthorpe chairman Steve Wharton remains confident he will get the money he wants for his player. He said: "Clubs looking at Billy know that our asking price is £2million, plus various other things built into the package to make it substantially more."

Canaries boss Peter Grant is reportedly ready to go as high as £2.5million for the highly-rated youngster and that makes City favourites to wrap up a deal.[/quote]

Come on Blah, it''s quite obvious that eatsleepsport are in on the conspiracy as well.

Delia''s obviously given them a few signed cook books so that they will report this nonsense and try to fool us fans into thinking we''re actually trying to sign Sharp.

It''s fooled you, but it won''t fool me!

[quote]

Come on Blah, it''s quite obvious that eatsleepsport are in on the conspiracy as well.

Delia''s obviously given them a few signed cook books so that they

will report this nonsense and try to fool us fans into thinking we''re

actually trying to sign Sharp.

It''s fooled you, but it won''t fool me![/quote]

* Looks up from free cookbook *

Damn, rumbled again.  Asparagus Quiche, anyone ?