Sign in to follow this  
HookNorton Canary

who was there? what went wrong?

Just back from game - basically we had a bit of a mare. Really missed Drury and weren''t helped by Svensson having what to me seems his usual lazy game. Cooper played well in the second half though and McKenzie came on and at least knew where the goal was.

I''d play Green, Edworthy, Fleming, Mackay, Drury (fingers crossed), Mckenzie, Holt, Mulryne or Francis, Cooper, Roberts and Huckerby against Stoke. McVeigh needs a rest and Svensson needs to learn he has to get stuck in.

It was very windy which spoilt it as a footballing game, and we just could not get the finishing touch to score - have to say also that Palace are not a bad side - if only the weather had been a little kinder.

Fans were fantastic - am fast loosing my voice - like the look of Kevin Cooper some nice touches.

The wind badly effected the game. It was swirling around and all
players found it difficult to get control of the ball. So it was a really
scrappy game. I don''t think we deserved to lose. The Palace
goalie made some great saves especially from Svensson and McKenzie.
Huckerby made some good runs and had his shirt pulled throughout the
game. I thought Hucks got us a penalty near the end when he was hacked
down but Mr Durkin was watching a different game. Shame but not the
end of the world considering the conditions.

The passing was awful again, shackell had a terrible game as did svensson and to be honest there wasnt one player who seemed with it, except mckenzie when he came on and greeno was solid enough. Mulrynes passing was accurate but as always he went back with it instead of fowards. Iwan came on and did nothing.. even huckerby seemed a bit lost today - tried beating 3 men at once, etc..

The poor conditions didn´t help, but it was a poor first half performance and a typical last 20 mins of City pressure too late. My ratings below
Green - no fault with the goal, didn´t have much to do
Edworthy - OK
Fleming - His usual solid self
Mackay - OK, but gave away fair few free kicks
Shackell - OK defensively, but distribution poor - looked like a centre half playing left back
Henderson - never took his man on, either passed back to Edworthy or inside
Mulryne - still needs to challenge more for the 50/50 ball, but OK
Holt - best player by a mile, he just never stops running - good distribution as well
McVeigh - needs a rest to regain zest and confidence
Svensson - not convincing, failed to hold ball up, won little in the air, gave away free kicks
Huckerby - Tried hard, but Palace knew that he would try to run at them and they always had someone supporting the tackler. If Popov had been booked earlier by the ref it might have helped
Cooper - Certainly was more involved in attacking options than Hendo - could be a good signing
McKenzie - OK, needs to start next game
Roberts - poor decision by Worthy to bring him on in place of Shackell, having 4 strikers on the pitch doesn´t work, they just get in each others way, don´t actually remember him touching the ball. Francis should have come on instead.

What an excellent summing up of the team. You should send this to Worthy so that he, his coaching staff, and the players can see what a real supporter thought of their play; and at the same time highlight where to improve on their performances.

We just seemed very average compared to previous times i have seen us this season.
We were poor with creating chances and our passing was under par.
We had a better 2nd half, but still could''nt quite break through.

Despite all this our support was superb, standing throughout with plenty of singing,easily making more noise than the Palace supporters.

C"MON CITY!!!

OTBC
POA
NCFC