Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

REPORT THE REF TO THE FA

As per a post on here from Jetstream...

I think every self respecting Norwich fan who was at the game last night and witnessed the diabolical decisions from the ref should follow the link below, kindly posted by Jetstream, and leave some feedback. As Jetstream says you will probably get no adequate response just an email but these feedback forums must go somewhere so the FA will notice if they get 5000 emails from us Canaries.

Also Bywater needs to be reported to the police for crowd incitement. Somebody contact the Club who sat in the N&P and just make an official complaint, or the police for that matter, they have to investigate it.

www.thefa.com/feedback

i have just sent this to F.a   i was at the norich V derby match 6/03/07.  i think the referee mr Lee Probert was out of ordered.darren moore was the last man & fouled huckerby but waved play on as ball went to martin who took ball on  for about 5 yards  & put ball over the keeper to score then linesperson put this flag off for offside . as the  law state the ball should been brought back for the foul & as moore was last man should have been sent off . but all he gave was a free kick for the off side. how can a man be able to referee a game if he cant get rules right .i know referees have a hard job  to do , but simple decisions like this cant be on.

just got this back from the f.a   

Thank you for contacting The Football Association.

The Football Association receives frequent correspondence on the performance of referees in general and also individual refereeing decisions across all levels of football.

Unfortunately, because of the huge scope of these enquiries, we are unable to answer each correspondence individually.

The issue of refereeing standards is a constant source of debate to anyone with an interest in football, fans will always have an opinion on the apparent injustice of decisions involving their teams, and rightly so, football is a game full of opinion.

Our stance will always be that referees and their decisions have to be respected for the game to remain workable. They are arguably the most consistently professional people in the game making split second decisions that will be analysed repeatedly by slow motion cameras and panels of football experts.

Ninety five percent of the time these decisions will be correct, when they are wrong it is unfortunate but because of human error unavoidable.

They make their decision based on years of training and experience and what they see at that moment in time. The referee can only act on what they see, assisted by the other match officials and naturally not everyone will agree with the decisions they take, especially when a supporter''s own team is involved.

Bias is an issue that is constantly raised. The FA receives many letters from fans of clubs complaining about what they see as favourable treatment.

Our concern is to be even handed across the board. Referees try to uphold the laws to the best of their abilities and we are confident that no bias is shown towards any player or club.

There is a system in place for monitoring the performance of referees, and referee''s assistants, involving assessors and reports from club managers.

Communication is an important issue and regular review meetings also now take place, involving referees, clubs and managers.

Refereeing has been restructured with the aim of continued improvement of the overall standard of refereeing in the professional game.

This sees match officials categorised into two groups:

The Select Group officiates in the Premier League and other competitions and comprises 20 referees and 39 assistant referees and is the responsibility of Keith Hackett, Head of the Professional Game Match Officials Limited (PGMOL).

Premier League refereeing enquiries should be addressed to Keith Hackett, The Premier League, 30 Gloucester Place, London W1U 8PL or at general@fapl.co.uk

The National Group officiates in the Football League and other competitions, with 50 referees and 188 assistant referees. Referees Manager Jim Ashworth supervises this group, which will also receive increased training and development.

Football League refereeing enquiries need to be addressed to Jim Ashworth, The Football League, Edward V11 Quay, Navigation Way, Preston, PR2 2YF or at fl@football-league.co.uk

The relevant groups pick and monitor their officials as well as developing them physically and mentally. The two groups receive feedback from the Referees assessor and in some cases other official participants.

All assessors come from a footballing background and the majority are fully qualified referees. The performances of referees over a season are taken into consideration when the leagues appoint their referees for the following season.

**If you have any further queries or if this automatic response has not answered your specific enquiry please reply using the Contact Us form and select ''Other'' as the subject**

Yours sincerely,

Customer Relations Unit
The FA

http://www.thefa.com/

I have sent this...I

I would like to complain about the standard of refereeing at last night''s Championship match between Norwich City and Derby.

The referee repeatedly failed to penalise blatant time-wasting by Derby County, and made a decision to disallow a 2nd Norwich goal, which was completely incompetent. The Norwich City manager has commented about this after the game, and has accurately described the series of events.

I feel that last night''s officials  should be immediately rested for a long period of time, and hence given an opportunity to re-read the rules, and perhaps even to try to learn some of them.

[quote user="BarclayMan"]

Also Bywater needs to be reported to the police for crowd incitement. Somebody contact the Club who sat in the N&P and just make an official complaint, or the police for that matter, they have to investigate it.

[/quote]

Sorry but this sort of stuff really gets on my nerves. If you go around reporting every player who does anything to incite the crowd you''ll end up with a completely soulless game where everybody is frightened to show any emotion. We already have a ridiculous law wherby players get booked for overcelebrating (I found the yellow card that Tevez got on Sunday particularly depressing) keep this up and there will be no emotion left.

If you want to report the ref then fair enough (although I tend to think these things even themselves out in the end) but stop with the calls for police action.

I don''t think there is a comparison here. Celebrating is one thing, swearing and giving the finger to the crowd is quite another - Bywater''s display was a disgrace.   Whilst I don''t think police action is necessarily called for, I do think his unprofessional conduct should be noted.

and if u reported Bywater what would happen??? nothing! the police have far more important things to do with their time.. like sit and eat donuts, arrest anyone in a hoody (trouble maker or not) and stop Ethnic minorities in the street and arrest them for some made up rubbish when all they are doing is minding their own business.

jas :)

Dont like the police then Jas - hope you never need them - they may be eating donuts !!!

I I have sent the following reply to the F.A.

Sir / Madam,

I would like to call into question the judgement of Mr.

Lee  Probert, and the validity of some of

the decisions made by him and his assistants in the Norwich City Vs. Derby

County game on 6th March 06. 

During the second half of the aforementioned game, Mr

Probert made several decisions that could be questioned. While I don''t deny

that we are all human, and make mistakes (and over time these things seem to

even themselves out in football) some of his decisions last night beggared

belief.

A Case in point was when Norwich striker Chris Martin

appeared to be clean through on goal (subsequently to put the ball in the back

of the net, seemingly unaware that the game had been brought back) only for the

Assistant referee to flag after about three touches by Mr. Martin. Initially,

it appeared that the referee had pulled the play back for a foul on Darren

Huckerby by Derby

player Darren Moore. If this was the case, then Mr. Moore would surely have to

be sent from the pitch, being the last man, who, if he missed the tackle, would

have let Darren Huckerby clean through on goal. Your own rules state as much.

It took Mr. Probert a considerable amount of time before indicating this ‘offside’

decision.

The credibility of this refereeing team was again called

into question late on in the second half, with what appeared to be blatant

time-wasting by Derby

County
players feigning

injury.  The first player to go down

injured (in a questionable manner) was the Derby goalkeeper, Stephen Bywater, reacting

to a one-on-one with Darren Huckerby for which Mr. Bywater claimed that

Huckerby had studded him in the thigh. If this was the case, as per your rules,

shouldn’t Huckerby have also been cautioned or sent off?? Treatment for this

injury appeared to continue for several minutes followed by another highly

contentious decision.

After the aforementioned challenge, The Derby goalkeeper had

put the ball into touch so he could receive ‘treatment.’ Angered at his

response, members of the Norwich

team played on, only for the referee to blow up and give the ball back to the

goalkeeper. Whilst I can appreciate this was done as a gesture of good sportsmanship,

is there anything within the rules and regulations of the Football Association

that deems such an act to be necessary?? It also appeared to add to the tension

that was rapidly building inside the game, and which threatened to boil over

towards the end.

We are all human, I don’t deny this, and we all make

mistakes. It just appears that Mr. Probert made a few too many high – profile misdemeanours

during the aforementioned game for this to go unnoticed. I don’t wish to

suggest Bias on his part, or worse accusations of cheating for I do not believe

this to be a case, but merely wish to bring the standard of referring in this

game to your attention, for hopefully your own deliberations.

I await further correspondence from you on this Matter.

Regards

[quote user="NavMan"]

Dont like the police then Jas - hope you never need them - they may be eating donuts !!!

[/quote]

wouldnt have that attitude if they had done something when i needed them.

Well, i tried to choose my words to perfection :P so i wrote:

I am writing to complain on the standard of refereeing during the Norwich Vs Derby match occuring on the 6th March 2007. The referee, a Mr. Lee Probert if i remember correctly, severely lacked in several areas.
            Most importantly, his decision which cost us the game was simply unacceptable. It wasn''t human error by any means, it was pure stupidity and this sort of error could be seen by the average football fan, which says something.
          However, the linesman had a big say in this huge muck up - personally i find the situation ridiculous.
Also, Derby seemed to enjoy time-wasting to such an extent it may have rose to over 10minutes of stoppages. This 10 minutes, however, was refunded with 4 minutes.

Now, if the situation was put into another job, they''d be sacked. Will it happen now? Somehow i think not. I do agree that human error''s are clearly unavoidable, however it extends to a point where it''s no longer human error and just a poor lack of judgement (and im pretty sure they''re getting payed for their judgements?).

I am aware the difficulty of refereeing, but the game this refereeing team had today makes a laughing stock out of them, and the FA as a whole.

Thanks, Callum

We lost. We can report all 11 of their players the 5 sub their manager all their back room staff the ref the 2 linesmen and the 4th official but we will still have lost. Nothing will ever change that so why don''t we stop whinging and accept it. We are all gutted cos we played ok at home for once and still lost. I''m more interested in what’s going to be done about our bloody awful defence. Not 1 clean sheet this year. Criminal.

the guys from Bethell Street? they arrested and took my wife to the magistrates for slipping down the wet steps at Career Road and made it look like she was drunk.

took 8, yes 8  ''coppers'' to put her in the cells overnight. talk about getting your overtime in eh?

it was laughed out of court, bunch of tossers looked so f''ing pedantic and smug until...

funnily enough, they looked a bit sheepish afterwards, as did the ''head'' steward who brought it on.

would you want your wife to go through that?

if he did it down Prince of Wales Road on a Saturday night he''d be in the river and good riddance

there is a difference between passionate and being a thug and a cheat

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

and if u reported Bywater what would happen??? nothing! the police have far more important things to do with their time.. like sit and eat donuts, arrest anyone in a hoody (trouble maker or not) and stop Ethnic minorities in the street and arrest them for some made up rubbish when all they are doing is minding their own business.

[/quote]

That is the most blinkered and inaccurate post I''ve seen on here for a while; it''s the sort of thing that a hormonal 14-year-old would write! 

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="BarclayMan"]

[/quote]

Sorry but this sort of stuff really gets on my nerves. If you go around reporting every player who does anything to incite the crowd you''ll end up with a completely soulless game where everybody is frightened to show any emotion. We already have a ridiculous law wherby players get booked for overcelebrating (I found the yellow card that Tevez got on Sunday particularly depressing) keep this up and there will be no emotion left.

If you want to report the ref then fair enough (although I tend to think these things even themselves out in the end) but stop with the calls for police action.

[/quote]

Shark Attack

Not sure if your aware or not, but Bywater told a young ball boy to F$%& Off and repeatedly showed V signs to the crowd. Not too mention his incessant time wasting and unprofessional behaviour with the alleged huckerby foul. The Ref should be reported for incompetence and the keeper for crowd incitement. If we do nothing this sort of thing will continue in the game.

Billy Davies has a lot to answer for, and I for one cant wait til they get a taste of their own medicine in the Premiership, so will be rooting for a certain Mr Robben and Mr Johnson to start diving and lets see some of the top pro''s time wasting when there 1-0 up at Pride Park. In fact I shall just hope they get hammered in every game and come straight back down.

[quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

That is the most blinkered and inaccurate post I''ve seen on here for a while; it''s the sort of thing that a hormonal 14-year-old would write! 

[/quote]

when My girlfriends place was burgled by her land lord, her CD''s Money, Personal documents, Clothes, TV and Stereo all stolen.. we phoned the police.. they came round and said "oh, its a civil matter" no it isnt.. its theft.. go round his house and arrest him!

When my sisters bag was snatched infront of CCTV in the city on a sunday Afternoon the police politely informed her "there was nothing they could do".

so what exactly can they do when a crime has been commited?

[quote user="BarclayMan"]

Not sure if your aware or not, but Bywater told a young ball boy to F$%& Off and repeatedly showed V signs to the crowd. Not too mention his incessant time wasting and unprofessional behaviour with the alleged huckerby foul. The Ref should be reported for incompetence and the keeper for crowd incitement. If we do nothing this sort of thing will continue in the game.

Billy Davies has a lot to answer for, and I for one cant wait til they get a taste of their own medicine in the Premiership, so will be rooting for a certain Mr Robben and Mr Johnson to start diving and lets see some of the top pro''s time wasting when there 1-0 up at Pride Park. In fact I shall just hope they get hammered in every game and come straight back down.

[/quote]

I''m well aware of it, and have already stated that swearing to a ball boy is out of order. It''s whinging about the rest that gets on my nerves.

He may well have shown V signs to the crowd, so what. Are you telling me that the crowd did nothing to provoke him? Accept the fact that we lost, albeit unfairly, and stop being so sensitive. Oh, and don''t tell me you really believe that writing to the FA will stop a opposition goalkeeper getting up to this sort of thing in the future.

Some time in the future Derby will be on the end of a truly shocking refereeing performance and we''ll all laugh. We''ll also benefit from some ridiculously biased refereeing in one of our games. These things even themselves out, get over it!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

when My girlfriends place was burgled by her land lord, her CD''s Money, Personal documents, Clothes, TV and Stereo all stolen.. we phoned the police.. they came round and said "oh, its a civil matter" no it isnt.. its theft.. go round his house and arrest him!

When my sisters bag was snatched infront of CCTV in the city on a sunday Afternoon the police politely informed her "there was nothing they could do".

[/quote]

Jas is right, in alot of situations the police are a waste of time!

[quote user="hogesar"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="LinkNR9"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Jas is right, in alot of situations the police are a waste of time!

[/quote]

Remind me again - how old you are and what extensive experience of life you''ve had?

26 in July...

its not the 50''s anymore where the local bobby clips your lug and tells your dad. we pay our taxes for the "service" they are supposed to provide. Im paying my good earned money and aren''t getting any return on it from Norfolk constabulary.

Im a young white male, if i was to be out with a group of mates on a Saturday night what would be the chances of me being stopped if we were all wearing hoodies