Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

How much to watch city play?

For all you guys driving to matches from afar I bet you cannot wait for the governments new Toll Tax to arrive! [:D]

Using and abusing them motorways to get to Norwich!!  Let alone the speeding fines you will get for trying to get their on time!!

It might actually work out cheaper for you to get a train rather than drive alone!!

Don''t you just love the nanny state! [;)]

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/traveltax/

I am all for this initiative if the revenue generated is ploughed into improving public transport and gets us out of our cars and onto public transport. Climate change is down to us humans and we all have a responsibility to do something about it now. Our friends on the Continent have cheap, efficient integrated public transport networks and I believe this is because the inhabitants of those countries have the cultural intelligence to understand that to have such services costs money. In Britain we appear to love the pseudo American model of low taxation and until the British people are prepared to vote for a government whose major policy is to take environmental policies seriously and accept that we have to pay higher taxes to create the foundation for an alternative, sustainable way of living, nothing will change.

Vive le taxes!!, vive le environment!!

[quote user="Sons of Boadicea"]

I am all for this initiative if the revenue generated is ploughed into improving public transport and gets us out of our cars and onto public transport. Climate change is down to us humans and we all have a responsibility to do something about it now. Our friends on the Continent have cheap, efficient integrated public transport networks and I believe this is because the inhabitants of those countries have the cultural intelligence to understand that to have such services costs money. In Britain we appear to love the pseudo American model of low taxation and until the British people are prepared to vote for a government whose major policy is to take environmental policies seriously and accept that we have to pay higher taxes to create the foundation for an alternative, sustainable way of living, nothing will change.

Vive le taxes!!, vive le environment!!

[/quote]

Damage has already been done to the environment.... taxing is just putting money into the pockets of fat cats who dont need it... we have polluted the planet for hundreds of years and most of us are greener today.. yet they still want to drive tax up.

jas :)

The UKs contribution to global warming is minimal in comparison to that of the USA and China.  Unfortunately the reality is that unless followed by the major poluters, reduced green house gas emissions in the UK will have no effect on reducing global climate change.  The dilema is that if our efforts to reduce global warming in this country are futile are we morally obliged to help fix the problem or should we just continue making lives easier for ourselves with big engine 4x4''s etc?

I reckon they should take the extra "green taxes" charged on flights out of the UK....use it to freeze some water down here and then fly it up to the Arctic to help maintain the ice cap..........

I''m not just a pretty face you know...........[;)]

to say taxes just put more money into the pockets of fat cats is a load of rubbish. where do you think all the money for welfare comes from?

i would be for it if it did mean better public transport but one only has to look at the congestion charge in london, the public transport is still shoddy. its just another excuse to tax more

This is just another envy tax and too many people who contribute little or nothing have cars. When I was a kid growing up we had no money so went on the bus. I suppose today we would expect a nice car, Sky Plus HD and a 48" plasma set and plenty of benefits on top.

The problem with cars, flights and other carbon burning implements is they are too easily available to too many people. If you want it, work for it. And if you work for it why should you be subsidising so many others to have the same things?

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

I reckon they should take the extra "green taxes" charged on flights out of the UK....use it to freeze some water down here and then fly it up to the Arctic to help maintain the ice cap..........

I''m not just a pretty face you know...........[;)]

[/quote]

[:D] I know you jest, Cluck, but in all seriousness the planet is clearly on its way to wiping us out and there''s nothing we can do about it. No powersaving lightbulbs, no Koyoto agreements can stop that. The planet will revert to its initial state where carbon dioxide is the primary constituent of the atmosphere and we will all die a miserable death. [:(][;)]