Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Grant hallucinating?

"I think it was plain for everybody to see - we lost 2 bad goals but dominated from start to finish"

''That''s the last 3 league games now when we have battered everybody, but we''ve got minimal points''

''.......and to come away from Preston with a defeat, where we have battered them, is very disappointing''

etc etc etc etc

Facts.

Possession:                                   PNE 48%      NC  52%

Goal attempts:                               PNE  21         NC  12

Goal attempts on target:                 PNE  12         NC   8

Corners:                                        PNE   5          NC   6 

Fouls:                                            PNE  12         NC   9

Another fact

By half-time, City had conceded 2 goals, were being played off the park, had only conceded 2 fouls and garnered no yellow cards. Enough said, I think,

Dominated, battered, battered.............. blah, blah, blah.

Hallucinating, I''d say.

And that makes me very worried.

OTBC

P.S.  Feet on the ground, Peter, feet on the ground.

P.P.S Get a striker and a central defender Peter - proven quality on loan.

Don''t panic.

And good luck.

They had 33 shots???????? how com they only scored 2??????? we should of been humiliated again!

I mean our 1 out of 12 isn''t exactly breath taking either is it?

Grant seems to be in a no win position.  He gets slagged off for criticising the players in public, and now he is being ciriticsed for trying to stay positive.

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]Grant seems to be in a no win position.  He gets slagged off for criticising the players in public, and now he is being ciriticsed for trying to stay positive.[/quote]

In my opinion if he has hung Safri out to dry it is the best thing he has done yet as manager...

As for the positive spin on last nights performance result to say we dominated is just hysterical...  yeah ok we done well for the last 25 mins or so when we may of snatched a draw, but if Preston had of taken their chances early doors we would of been sunk 4 or 5-0 by then... I don''t think I have heard us pinned in our own penalty area quite so much as what appeared to be occuring at Deepdale either side of half-time last night!!!

have to agree with PG here in that for long periods of the game, ad for the type of play that was on show, there are fwe who would have said that Norwich were not the team at the top end of the table. Preston looked to play down the channels at every opportunity or played for Dichios aerial prowess.

Nugent works hard granted but we tore them up with some excellent interlinking with Fozzy et al in centre mid moving the ball quickly from left to right and vice versa. We had one effort cleared off the line and another which hit the post.

Yes, results are the most important team but this team is gaining confidence through their performances that will lead to results. Thats 4 or 5 good performances in a row, including chelsea and promotioin chasers Preston. With Safri, Etuhu and Huckerby available for Saturday and impressive perfomances by many last night lets get behind the team and share in their improved performances and march back up the table TOGETHER!

[quote user="jdungos"]

They had 33 shots???????? how com they only scored 2??????? we should of been humiliated again!

I mean our 1 out of 12 isn''t exactly breath taking either is it?

[/quote]

its quite remarkable! id sooner have 1 shot and score than 100 shots and miss! thats how u win games

jas :)

[quote user="rocky marshall"]have to agree with PG here in that for long periods of the game, ad for the type of play that was on show, there are fwe who would have said that Norwich were not the team at the top end of the table. Preston looked to play down the channels at every opportunity or played for Dichios aerial prowess. Nugent works hard granted but we tore them up with some excellent interlinking with Fozzy et al in centre mid moving the ball quickly from left to right and vice versa. We had one effort cleared off the line and another which hit the post. Yes, results are the most important team but this team is gaining confidence through their performances that will lead to results. Thats 4 or 5 good performances in a row, including chelsea and promotioin chasers Preston. With Safri, Etuhu and Huckerby available for Saturday and impressive perfomances by many last night lets get behind the team and share in their improved performances and march back up the table TOGETHER![/quote]

How many people on here care how we played last night Rocky? Read the posts, read what was said during and after the game last night. Results are important but what we witnessed last night, especially in the second half, and with so many "first choice" players missing gives me more optimism for the future than I have had for a very long time.

Good grief! With friends like some of you, Peter needs no enemies.

1) Preston had 21 goal attempts of which 12 were on target & scored 2 goals.

Norwich had 12 goal attempts of which 8 were on target & scored 1 goal.

And we battered them? Oh yes, we battered them, dominated them...........

2) We got played off the park in the first half (read any national newspaper account) whilst conceding 2 goals. During this half we committed the princely sum of 2 fouls. Are we serious??

And please don''t get me started again or I''ll go for the Chelsea statistics![:S]

OTBC