Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

A GLIMMER OF HOPE FOR NEXT SEASON.

In one way, I am beginning to look forward to next season.

I anticipate the season ticket base will drop so I and others will finally be able to exercise choice and visit Carrow Road when we wish to do so.

If you want to go every game, if you don''t mind the football on offer then fine, get a season ticket and good luck.

But, if you can''t afford a season ticket; have been excluded due to limited capacity; can''t make it to every game because of other commitments (me); wish to reward the Club with your attendence when they deserve it (me too) or feel motivated to attend by the football on offer (very much me - I have the opportunity to go tomorrow and Saturday but don''t know if I will bother) then next season will again be your chance.

The high season ticket take has certainly given the Club financial foresight; the trouble is, it has left the Club with too little to work for and it has led to a ground full of resentful people many of whom are there for the wrong reasons.

It certainly should bring a better atmosphere. We could have a ground (even if only 3/4 full) where everybody is there by positive choice, rather than attending because they feel obliged to because they bought a season ticket to guarantee a seat.I hope your commitments involve alcohol Rude Old. [:P]

I have to agree Mr F.  Too many people are there out of obligation, a lot of them don''t seem to enjoy it very much.  16,000 season ticket holders plus 10,000 casuals has to be a healthier mix than 20,000 season ticket holders and hardly any casuals, I''d have thought.

The signs are that people within the game are trying to help Grant to be successful too, if the Mark Fotheringham story, and links to the likes of Matthew Spring and Julian Gray are is anything to go by.  Give Grant the summer, and the funds to build a squad, give Martin Hunter more motivated and talented players to work with, and I think NCFC will surprise a few people next season.

Next season I think even this squad should be capable of challenging for the play-offs.

Admitedly in league one but at least it will make a change from "Not what the Doc ordered" headlines every week.

Oh, how I love being lectured about the atmosphere I somehow fail to contribute to by three people who are not regular attendees at home matches (Fat Barman and his trusty radio earpiece, Rudolph, and blahblah ''I was lucky enought to get a ticket'' blah).

As a season ticket holder can I suggest you stop blaming those of us who DO go as being the ''wrong type'' of supporter?

Get off your collective high-horses and buy a season ticket, come along, and start a song or two off yourself.

Pah!  [:@]

''''so I and others will finally be able to exercise choice and visit Carrow Road when we wish to do so.''''..............''''In one way, I am beginning to look forward to next season''''.............''''I have the opportunity to go tomorrow and Saturday but don''t know if I will bother''''

Brilliant...

just what the club needs, fickle part time fans. As a season ticket holder and loyal NCFC fan, whatever the weather, opinions of so called Norwich fans like these are of no interest to me whatsover and shouldnt post on here.

GIVE GRANT A CHANCE, HE''S ONLY BEEN HERE 5 MINS...

I think the point Rudolf was trying to make and the point I was making in another thread is that, if this messageboard, canary call, letters to the press etc are to be believed then many fans will not be renewing their tickets out of their own choice!

In my opinion this will in turn make the atmosphere in the ground better because the people in the ground will be people who actually want to be there instead of feeling obligated to be there because they have a season ticket which they don''t really want.

It will also mean that there will be more seats for casual fans to go when they want.

The club will probably be better off because they will sell more tickets at casual prices rather than season ticket prices.

I don''t think anybody is advocating taking season tickets away from those who want them!

Well this just about takes the biscuit! So you are looking forward to the club loosing revenue through the loss of thousands of season ticket sales because then you will be able to come along on a casual basis! I''ve heard some self centred stuff in my time but this is hilarious.

Well I for one have already signed up for next year so thats one seat you wont be sitting in!

Yes Hairy Canary, and so have I already renewed mine, and so will all the other diehard season ticket holders who some posters like to refer to as sheep! All I was saying is that I for one will be happy if the people who have season tickets, but state they only go out of obligation, don''t renew so that their seats can be taken by casual fans who want to be there.

Far from losing revenue the club would probably gain revenue with more seats sold at casual prices!

[quote user="Being Jan Kristiansen..."]

It''s quiet simple really. The atmosphere will get better when the team plays better. One follows the other.

[/quote]''Quiet simple'' - how apt! Quite simply, it isn''t a theatre production and, surprisingly, providing a good atmosphere to play in can actually improve performances. Try it, you might like it! This idea that you merely attend hoping to be entertained really annoys me. A football fan goes to games to support their team - regardless of performance - you can moan about it after the final whistle, boo them off if you like, but support during the 90 minutes of action. It''s a symbiotic relationship, but some of you lot sound like parasites - willing to feed off the good times, but offering little (or nothing) when times are bad and the team need you to lift them.