Sign in to follow this  
E I E I E I O

Happy with the 2 signings but?

I suspect that he has been given more, but that the signings he has been chasing have gone into the silly money category.Halford was quoted as worth 2.5 million a couple of days ago, Eastwood at 3.5 million.  I don''t think we have that kind of money for single players any more.

[quote user="Snakepit boys"]Surely grant has not been given just £570,000 to rebuild this shambles of a side?

I hope there is more to follow?

Very much doubt it though!
[/quote]

I''d *hope* he has more but wasn''t willing to spend it on rubbish players or overpriced decent players...!

I agree.Fotheringham and Lappin sound good as far as it goes,but where are the defenders? We are shipping soft,sloppy goals at an alarming rate;one that will mean we''ll struggle to stay out of trouble,let alone make any impact in this league.Let''s just hope there is another rabbit pulled out before midnight.....

4 signings in the January window, todays two plus Chadwick and Marshall. Plus Grant said that further loans are likely after the loan window opens again in 7 days.

Surely a striker must come in? With Earnshaw out and only Brown brought in we''ve still only got the one striker other then Dublin but are those two to a likely??

I reckon that this is it!£75,000 to stay up, We are playing a risky game! Lets hope grant has got us a couple of cheap gems?If we are still trying then why was Doncaster at the Press Conference, surely the manager and players could of dealt with it!

cityangel

4 signings in the January window, todays two plus Chadwick and Marshall. Plus Grant said that further loans are likely after the loan window opens again in 7 days.

erm... 5 if you include Chris Brown... sorry to be corrective.

We are going down... the signing of two sweaty socks for a grand total of £75,000 while letting out Robinson and Felmming isn''t going to change anything...

GOD YOU LOT ARE SO EASILY PLEASED!!!  [N]

[quote user="Smudger"]

We are going down... the signing of two sweaty socks for a grand total of £75,000 while letting out Robinson and Felmming isn''t going to change anything...

[/quote]

Yes whats idiots we all are.  I am so pleased we have someone of your wisdom to guide the way....

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]Smudger was it not you and your whining moaners that wanted rid of Flemming and Robinson , stop moaning and get behind the team for christsake.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Noone is forcing you to go and watch them !

well said barclayendboy. smudger no matter what the club do you will be finding fault with it. i have been criticised myself on this board but you take the biscuit. you never post anything but moans. as barclayendboy points out you constantly moan about robinson and fleming yet here you are saying the club were wrong to get rid? whilst numbers wise it may not make sense these players are better off away from our club. please post something positive just for once!!

I suspect that any further signings will be of the loan variety.

Whilst I am happy to see some new faces it shows are bad things have got that we are excited by 2 players costing the grand total of £100K. As I don''t know the ins and outs of our attempted dealings it is difficult to criticise the club as any one half decent has gone for stupid money. Do we really want to have paid £2.5 million for Rowan Vine?

At least Grant seems to be identifying better player than Worthy brought in after relegation - Chadwick, Marshall & Lappin were all highly rated by the fans of their previous club. All 5 players are young and should have their best years ahead of them.

If we can add a couple of decent loans then we may be able to avoid relegation.

[quote user="barclayendboy"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Smudger was it not you and your whining moaners that wanted rid of Flemming and Robinson , stop moaning and get behind the team for christsake.
[/quote]

I have never said that I wanted rid of Robinson... and while I may of not been Flemming''s biggest fan in recent years I would never of let him go without replacing him first (given the extremely flimsy nature of our squad).