Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

the contracts are sorted!

so says doomcaster "the club have the option of taking a years extension should we want too"

which just goes to show the naivety of the board yet again!

the club might want to.. but what if the player doesnt... the club cant say "but u have the option of a 1 year extension so please stay, u''ll even get a cuddle off Delia" can they?

It has to be agreeable by both parties.. so those 9 players Doncaster mentions could all leave if they wanted... so we still face 13 players leaving in the summer... a "1 year option" is not acceptable! these players should of been tied down long ago!

jas :)

Sorry Jas but you are so wrong.  We have had this so many times on this Board.  I gave a full answer last year when WLY''s contract was extended.

It means exactly what Doncaster says it means.  The Club can choose to keep the player whether the player wants or not.  Legally, that is what an option is.  The club gives the player money when he signs the contract and the player gives the club the right to unilaterally extend the contract.

Jas,

With all due respect unless you''re privy to the contracts themselves then you are speculating at best. Of course the player has a say during negotiations but if the extension states explicitally ''should the club want to'' or words to that effect then this clause can be invoked at the clubs discretion.

Equally i do not feel we can generalise and place all 13 into the same situation. Some Grant may want to keep and some not. So 13 players leaving is not correct just lazy reporting, and message board scaremongering.....

This is not an attack on you per se, sorry if it reads like it, but we are forever jumping to sensationalist conclusions.

The squad needs freshening up, some players will leave of course. Ultimately the players who want to stay will also be the players the club/Grant wants to stay.

OTBC...

Jas,

These one year options are part of the original contract and state that the club can excersise the right to add the extention regardless.

This is built in as a safe guard by clubs to counter the Bosman effect. The player can''t choose to take it or not, it''s part of what they signed from day one.

If the player want''s to leave and the club don''t require his services, then he will normally go for a fee as opposed to being out of contract and for free. Normally, during the year option, a new contract can then be drawn up if required.

Remember, this doesn''t stop the player leaving, provided a club are willing to pay the fee.

Can anyone see how a bunch of unsettled journeymen will have the stomach for a relegation scrap if called upon? They will more than likely put the club down through resentment....before moving on for free in May.

It''s not looking pretty I''m afraid......[N]

Indeed Cluck, like I said on many threads yesterday, play those who want to play and those who care.

The rest can rot on their £5000 a week until they get given the boot....

well i never knew! thanks for that everyone...

Still.. i suppose on the flip side it means we can charges some poor Saps money should they want one of our failures! so in that respect its a good thing.

jas :)

What a nice view on the back page of the EDP a smiling Doomcaster saying the contracts are sorted (only four are out of contract) and that the club have options on the others. What is far more interesting is what he didn''t say -  how many of these that we have options on actually want to be here.

Once again we get a statement from the Chief Executive that now seems to contradict what Hucks said it would appear that according to Doomcaster everything is rosy at NCFC no need to worry.

Sorry Mr D the state of play on the football pitch shows everything is far from rosy.

[quote user="-.-. .-.. ..- -.-. -.-"]

Can anyone see how a bunch of unsettled journeymen will have the stomach for a relegation scrap if called upon? They will more than likely put the club down through resentment....before moving on for free in May.

It''s not looking pretty I''m afraid......[N]

[/quote]

Whilst I dont agree entirely with your post, there is a valid point in there.  The club played the "stability" card when keeping Worthy here yet they seem reluctant to offer it to any of the players.  This can have a massive effect on morale and create a bad atmosphere.

So what''s the state of play on the pitch got to do with a statement that the contract sitiuation "is sorted"

Its either is being managed (sounds like it is) or it isn''t. If anyone has evidence it isn''t - other than Huck''s moan - please go ahead and post it.