Sign in to follow this  
The Judge

"A good club with an ambitious manager"

Chris Brown quote "a good club with an ambitious manager"...interesting choice of words and unfortunately for us probably very true..

Shame he didn''t say "an ambitious club with a good manager" or "an ambitious club and manager". The fact that PG is ambitious doesn''t mean anything if the club isn''t......

Do you honestly think that the words attributed to any player in a PR release were actually said or written by them? It''s simply not how PR works, and having spent 20 odd years in thhat particular world I do know how it does.

The press release will have been written by the Media Office (Joe Ferrari no doubt), shown to the Boards representitive and the players agent for approval - possibly Grant and Brown for a cursory nod, but unlikely.

Don''t look for inferences that aren''t there - player signig press releases will be very standard fare and no more.

OK so you have worked in PR fair enough.

The fact you say the press release was drafted by the club makes it worse - they are actually admitting they are not ambitious then...finally some honesty !!!

you are reading way too much into that statement, anyway in the circumstances i think the board are backing the manager making funds available for new players without selling players. its just a question of finding the right players 

carpio its "style friend, style" I suspect many of them have friends that support Man U who are getting their own back for the endless 2-0 chants and it has depressed them

If Brown is a half decent target man who can learn from Dion then that is something (Dion aside) we have lacked since Iwan left. I think he decided to sign after a paintball session in Thetford Forest.