Sign in to follow this  
Delias Buns

Derek Riordan

Well he scored today in the Scottish Cup for Celtic, seems like he''s making his mark there, can''t see Celtic letting go of him now. I get the feeling we may have to turn our interests elsewhere. I think Vine may now be our main target to partner Earnie - can anybody else think of anyone else we could realistically look at?

bit of a long shot but rossi on loan from man utd but he is small like earnshaw. we could do with a taller striker like dublin but alot younger. why dont we just let ryan jarvis play because he will get a lot bettr after a long run in the first team.

Im pretty sure they would let him go - for alot higher price. Because they''ve noticed he CAN score, im sure they wont be desperate to get rid of him and therefore becomes out of reach, assuming our transfer budget is reasonably low.

It would have to be someone prepared to play second fiddle to our best player Dion Dublin. If his legs can get him through the rest of the season then I say spend the money elsewhere and look at it again in the summer. He''s the perfect foil for Earnie. We could do with better backup though. Maybe a young up and comer from the lower leagues that''s not going to soak up all our budget.

[quote user="SpanishCanary"]

simple answer to the up and coming second fiddle to dion would be Luke Varney by miles and then stick Dublin on for the last 20 minutes.

Simple!

[/quote]Hmmm, 23, 5''11'''', has alledgedly attracted some premiership interest (Pompey, Aston Villa - though these rumours were in the summer) and Gradi reckons he''s a ready made replacement for Ashton. I can see the appeal on paper. Worth noting though that this season he has signed a contract extention to 2009. Wonder what kind of cash it would now take.

[quote user="Crazy Eddie"]It would have to be someone prepared to play second fiddle to our best player Dion Dublin. If his legs can get him through the rest of the season then I say spend the money elsewhere and look at it again in the summer. He''s the perfect foil for Earnie. We could do with better backup though. Maybe a young up and comer from the lower leagues that''s not going to soak up all our budget.
[/quote]

I know DD was excellant on saturday, but if and only if we sign a good targetman who will score goals then Dublin should be played in defence alongside shackall. DD is better than Doc, and shackall and the full backs are better for playing alongside him.