Sign in to follow this  
The Duke of Norfolk

If we go into freefall what happens?

I''m just imagining a worst case scenario here.

We don''t beat QPR at home in our next game and lose to Palace on NYD. (Both of these are highly likely i fear).

Lets say Earnie is sold in Jan.

We lose to Tamworth.

Grant although armed with a decent kitty fails to attract the calibre of players we require.

Confidence on the pitch is at an all time low, Grant is starting to feel the heat, the fans anger is reaching boiling point, we continue the current run of form and come March slip into the relegation zone.

Would the board persevere with Grant or recognise the precarious position we are in and  take action?

Hopefully this wont happen and we will have an up turn in fortunes in the new year but at the moment we seem to be playing so badly that a relegation scrap could be on the cards if Robbie is sold. How many times have we played well in the last 10 games?

It''s unbelievable to think we have squeaky bum syndrome in December but it''s getting that serious now. January is key.

We''ve been in free-fall since the kick-off to the Premiership season.....and "little old Norwich" became the phrase to base our ambitions on.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

Our inept board will stick with Grant no matter what.

And as for the ''Charlton Model'' well they sacked an underperforming manager quick sharp didnt they Doomcaster............................

Our club is run by IDIOTS.

[/quote]

I don''t think our board is inept, surely our Chief Exec''s name is Doncaster and I disagree entirely that our club is run by IDIOTS. You will gather I don''t enjoy reading insulting comments. I do believe that ''negativity'' has been the biggest ''illness'' facing NCFC & I don''t sense any negativity within the club, only from a small but vociferous band of bullying moaners who always think they know best 

I''m going to agree, for once, slightly, with Cluck.

I think there is a Little Norwich mentality, and it pervades throughout the club, not just the board. Hopefully Grant can change that, but it''ll be a hell of a job because it''s well engrained.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

And as for the ''Charlton Model'' well they sacked an underperforming manager quick sharp didnt they Doomcaster............................

[/quote]

I don''t think our board is inept, surely our Chief Exec''s name is Doncaster and I disagree entirely that our club is run by IDIOTS. You will gather I don''t enjoy reading insulting comments. I do believe that ''negativity'' has been the biggest ''illness'' facing NCFC & I don''t sense any negativity within the club, only from a small but vociferous band of bullying moaners who always think they know best 

[/quote]

You carry on remaining positive then.

If you don''t enjoy reading insulting comments, don''t reply to them...... Infantile I know......but a jolly good wheeze!

"Mello ''the bullying moaner'' Yello".........with a tinge of "Negativity during the Nativity."

[quote]

[/quote]

So you''re happy with the performances and league position then??

So your happy with the way it''s all going then. No? doubt it. But hey it''s not down to poor players poor management over the last few season and a board that acts to slowly it''s down to moaners and people who pay their hard earned money and don''t sit there like good little boys and girls and just accept what ever the team does. You will gather I think your talking out of your backside. You don''t sense any negativity within the club. I do. players like safri throwing his shirt in to the crowd. Players like Hucks publicly say we play better with certain players in the team. I sense that there is plenty of negativity in the club. And a good job to I would be bloody surprised and annoyed if everybody walking around with smiles on their faces thinking it''s all going hunky dory. Get a grip. The clubs rotten to the core. Players, Management and board all failing.

[quote user="Yellow Shrimper"][quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you sure that you aren''t Mr Doomcaster himself?

Your comments are unerringly similar to those expressed by the said man on the phone earler to me today...

if only we could be happy and clap and cheer whatver rubbish is put out in front of us then I am sure it will make all the difference hey???

Re: If we go into freefall what happens?

That''s easy............we pull our ripcord and release our reserve chute......err.....erm.....err.....we actually haven''t got a reserve have we?

I know, re-mortgage the gross hotel that doesn''t belong to us - and bottle the water from the Wensum and say it has healing properties?

Offer to pay three times as much for our 2007/2008 season tickets and - with gay abandon, tape £50.00 notes to the underside of our seats at Carra Rud, for it to be collected by the stewards at fulltime.

Reduce the squad size to seven.

We all desert the club and watch it fold and go under.........That''ll learn ''em!

In reality, if I may be serious.........I really would be concerned if we were further relegated, as we were seriously out of our depth when in the Premiership and ill-prepared for our fall from grace, on our return to the Championship.

E-mail or write to the hierarchy at NCFC for an answer.........or some kind of ''hopeful'' solution. 

[quote user="Canary02"]

I think there is a Little Norwich mentality, and it pervades throughout the club, not just the board. Hopefully Grant can change that, but it''ll be a hell of a job because it''s well engrained.

[/quote]

Do you want me to change it a bit then Canary02?..........[:)]

Only kidding as we can''t always disagree. We all want the same thing really...it''s just a question of how we word it.

It''s always a shame to see clubs suffering from poor management, unfortunately this is a bittersweet thing for Tamworth, yes the club is being poorly run, but we would like it to effect the team on 6/01/07 for fairly obvious reasons.

[quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

Only kidding as we can''t always disagree. We all want the same thing really...it''s just a question of how we word it.

[/quote]

To be honest Cluck when the subject doesn''t turn to the board and conspiracy theories, I generally agree with what you say r.e. the team, coaching, management. That seems to be the one thing that splits people on this board at the moment as the vast majority are of similar opinion when it comes to the players etc. Now if the 20,000 of us could just explain to Peter Grant why Youssef Safri is a far superior midifelder to Carl Robinson we could "recapture the togetherness"...(I''m spinning around...)

[quote user="Canary02"][quote user="Cluck"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

To be honest Cluck when the subject doesn''t turn to the board and conspiracy theories, I generally agree with what you say r.e. the team, coaching, management. That seems to be the one thing that splits people on this board at the moment as the vast majority are of similar opinion when it comes to the players etc. Now if the 20,000 of us could just explain to Peter Grant why Youssef Safri is a far superior midifelder to Carl Robinson we could "recapture the togetherness"...(I''m spinning around...)

[/quote]

I think we all want something better....and I think we all also know that we are perfectly capable of being a reasonably successful club...but remain frustrated at watching the decay going on. It''s a feeling of total helplessness....and a feeling of being kept at arms length by the club in general. When legitimate questions are asked, we are subjected to a patronsing barrage of ''spin''....which I find very offensive.

I know I bang on about the Board...but that is my particular gripe.  I have been in business most of my life....and my days currently revolve around this.  Maybe I see everything very differently because of it....and by being in business I am aware that very little happens in a Company without the full say so of the Board (or members of it). A manager can only work within the confines of instructions from above...and any decisions ultimately fall to the top tier. This is why I look to where the rot has begun....and why I know that anything from the selection of the manager downwards, has all been fully sanctioned by others....No-one else is to blame the the unreasonable infrastructure outlay....nor the direction in which the club has been taken. It falls to the Board.

It isn''t anything to do with DS being who she is....it''s all about the weaknesses shown and the all too evident lack of drive and ambition at CR. We pay good money to watch our team play....and in any other line they would have been removed from office by now or been liquidated. It truly isn''t personal.... and I would feel just the same whoever was running it. Success at the club can only be judged by the team on the pitch......and it really is a mess. We can try to blame Worthington or the current manager and players...even Robert Chase.......but DS and Co have had many millions of pounds and 10 years in power to take us to where we are now. There really is no-one else to blame.....and they must take that responsibility and put it right. If they can''t (and this is evident) they must leave and allow somebody else to give it a go.

Fundamentally that is my issue....If we got this sorted, pretty much all the rest would fall into place....and we as fans would know that everything that could be done...is being done. That sadly is not the case at all right now.

I don''t like fuelling divisiveness, but do you not see the irony? Yellow Shrimper (a rare visitor to the boards these days) comments on the repetitive name-calling and oh-so-humorous use of ''Doomcaster'', suggesting that some posters try to bully others into agreeing with them. Next thing you know, half-a-dozen people jump on him and accuse him of being happy with the way things are, when all he said was that he didn''t think the club had a negative mentality. Picking on somebody just because they didn''t like the way you said something - seems like a bully mentality to me.I get the feeling that some people vent their feelings more extremely in text than they would face-to-face. This is fair enough, but a shame also when it stands in the way of real communication. I know it would be boring if everyone used restrained polite language to get their points across - individual styles help you to create a picture in your mind of fellow posters. These pictures are so often wrong - CJF, Yellow Shrimper and CityAngel (from this thread) have all surprised me when met in the flesh (charming as they all are!), as did Rudolph Hucker - only Ray Ducker and Kathy were more as I''d imagined - the point being that they could have stood and disagreed at the bar, about Foghorn''s choice of words, without Shrimper being mugged by half-a-dozen earwigging punters stood next to them!

p.s. I worry about the ''Little Norwich'' thing too - In My Pants (or is that another thread?) [:)]

[quote user="Fat Barman"]I don''t like fuelling divisiveness, but do you not see the irony? Yellow Shrimper (a rare visitor to the boards these days) comments on the repetitive name-calling and oh-so-humorous use of ''Doomcaster'', suggesting that some posters try to bully others into agreeing with them. Next thing you know, half-a-dozen people jump on him and accuse him of being happy with the way things are, when all he said was that he didn''t think the club had a negative mentality.

Picking on somebody just because they didn''t like the way you said something - seems like a bully mentality to me.

I get the feeling that some people vent their feelings more extremely in text than they would face-to-face. This is fair enough, but a shame also when it stands in the way of real communication. I know it would be boring if everyone used restrained polite language to get their points across - individual styles help you to create a picture in your mind of fellow posters. These pictures are so often wrong - CJF, Yellow Shrimper and CityAngel (from this thread) have all surprised me when met in the flesh (charming as they all are!), as did Rudolph Hucker - only Ray Ducker and Kathy were more as I''d imagined - the point being that they could have stood and disagreed at the bar, about Foghorn''s choice of words, without Shrimper being mugged by half-a-dozen earwigging punters stood next to them!

p.s. I worry about the ''Little Norwich'' thing too - In My Pants (or is that another thread?) [:)]
[/quote]

You''ve also, actually met me Portly Barsteward..........But, as I''m the ''Scarlet Pimp''.......I''m stayin'' anominiminomin.........inimious. Nice ale though![;)]