Sign in to follow this  
Regime Change

Boxing Day - Protest against the Board?

Not living locally I don''t get to Carrow Road very often, so, I don''t now how fed up the majority of supporters are with current performances.

If we lose to Wolves next week and don''t beat Southend is it possible that there will be a protest aimed at the Board?

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

Not living locally I don''t get to Carrow Road very often, so, I don''t now how fed up the majority of supporters are with current performances.

If we lose to Wolves next week and don''t beat Southend is it possible that there will be a protest aimed at the Board?

[/quote]

You''re joking aren''t you?.......We all know the apocolypse will come if we bad mouth our saviour...

If we went down it might happen....but rocking the boat is not an option while some so feel safe in her bosom.

[quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

You''re joking aren''t you?.......We all know the apocolypse will come if we bad mouth our saviour...

If we went down it might happen....but rocking the boat is not an option while some so feel safe in her bosom.

[/quote]

hehehe you have me in stitches Cluck...  The milk from Delia''s bossom has long gone sour!!!

[quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

Sorry Sherlock... better things to do than go anywhere near carrow Road on boxing day I hope...  will be up for joining any protest that might be made at home to QPR on the 30th though (another defeat).

Whilst I wholeheartedly applaud the idea, in reality there is more chance of hell freezing over than the majority of supporters turning on Smith & Jones.

Whilst it remains accepted that they saved the club a decade ago there is no chance and what is more I honestly believe that far to many supporters sign up to the Delia ‘Little Norwich’ mentality and with that mind set that is exactly what we will remain.

Of course the self same cap doffing majority will ignore the massive increase in balance sheet wealth the last two years have brought the 57% joint majority share holders and instead concentrate on being grateful for all that they have done unlike that nasty Mr Chase.

Ten years under Robert Chase or ten years under Smith & Jones, 2 FA Cup Semi’s, 3rd, Europe, brilliant home grown talent, shrewd land acquisitions etc.  One play off final and an abortive attempt at the Premiership that was surrendered before it had even began, keep the faith!

I don''t live locally, and can''t get there on Boxing Day, but perhaps a protest could worry them about next season''s season ticket sales, and send a message of further agitation.I often wondered whether Worthington''s fumbles in the transfer market were the result of tight financial control, but I now think that our plight is due to the Board allowing things to drag on too long. They let fiendship and loyalty overrule logic. Worthington should have gone at the end of last season, and given his successor the summer to build something better than the squad we have, - too small, with too many  "has-beens", too many "couldn''t care less" and too many "not up to it". Several of us feared the worst when we made only one signing in the summer, resulting in what must have been the smallest squad in the Cahmpionship - so small that apart from including a number of youngsters who were hardly going to be regulars, it appeared suicidal.Some people were deceived about Worthington by the fortuitous promotion, and perhaps more felt the same about the Board. They Board have January and PG to save their reputation, and  the beginning of protest may nudge them.

[quote user="Bury Green"]

Whilst I wholeheartedly applaud the idea, in reality there is more chance of hell freezing over than the majority of supporters turning on Smith & Jones.

Whilst it remains accepted that they saved the club a decade ago there is no chance and what is more I honestly believe that far to many supporters sign up to the Delia ‘Little Norwich’ mentality and with that mind set that is exactly what we will remain.

Of course the self same cap doffing majority will ignore the massive increase in balance sheet wealth the last two years have brought the 57% joint majority share holders and instead concentrate on being grateful for all that they have done unlike that nasty Mr Chase.

Ten years under Robert Chase or ten years under Smith & Jones, 2 FA Cup Semi’s, 3rd, Europe, brilliant home grown talent, shrewd land acquisitions etc.  One play off final and an abortive attempt at the Premiership that was surrendered before it had even began, keep the faith!

[/quote]

And it is just that sort of response and that of the few people that do actually still have faith in the board that Delia & Co rely upon to keepthem at the helm BURY GREEN.

If people want change then they need to stand up and be counted...  Is it exactly that kind of spin that politicians rely on to kep them in power.... that a vote for anybody else apart from their party or their main competitors is a wasted vote.

Please see my post below...

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/826832/ShowPost.aspx

My response to… 

Re: If NCFC was a dog they''d put it down

Well surely it must have reached the stage by now that most of the fools who have followed the clubs PR spin over the past two and a half years have actually woken up to themselves...

I would say that at least 50% of supporters are now doubting whether the club can move forward under the current boardroom set up...  maybe even as many as 75%

Surely now is the time to voice those opinions in a big way?  By that I don''t mean in the half hearted manner fans went about asking for Worthy to be sacked...

There are thousands of people sick to the back teeth of how Delia has been running this club over the last two years or so...  so in my opinion there should be thousands of people demanding she put her shares up for sale by demonstrating outside of the ground (possibly while a match is even taking place)...  that would be sure get some media attention if that went on for a few weeks...

That will never happen though (I would be amazed if even a couple of hundred people would be prepared to voice their opinion in that way).  This is why Norfolk people are such easy targets to rip off in the manner that Delia & Co have been doing for the past few years!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Cluck in Boots"][quote user="Sherlock Holmes"]

[/quote]

If we went down it might happen....but rocking the boat is not an option while some feel so safe in her bosom.

[/quote]

hehehe you have me in stitches Cluck...  The milk from Delia''s bossom has long gone sour!!!

[/quote]

Eeeeeeuk!.......I feel decidedly queezy after that Smudger!...............[+o(].

[quote user="Bury Green"]

[/quote]

As stated earlier BURY, I believe that the majority of the fans have already started to turn and question darling Delia... please statement posted below earlier today....

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/2/826357/ShowPost.aspx#826357

Cluck in Boots wrote:

Well said Smudger. Glad I put you in the Nativity Play now!

There is so much misplaced loyalty around as you say......and it seems to be more to do with Delia Smith than the football club itself. I can''t make head nor tail of it....as I always considered my fellow Sons/Daughters of Norfolk to be rather more astute than that. Could it simply be that Norwich City has been dumbed down into an almost exclusively ''family'' orientated club now and so has literally lost it''s bite. I fear that may possibly be so. I know my sons were taught in middle school that they were "still winners even if they lose".....which quite honestly did my head in.

Maybe someone else can elaborate on why we are such a bunch of fairies these days...........

Re: A good effort; but frankly that''s not good enough anymore

Smudger wrote:

We can only hope that the blind are at long last starting to see the light Cluck....  I sense that over the last few weeks there just may of been a turning of the tide and at long last people are beginning to voice their opinions about how the board are to blame....  not just on message boards but also it has come to the medias attention via the local press and Radio Norfolk...

Now hopefully the heat will be turned up on Delia & Co over the Christmas period...  hopefully the City fans down at Tamworth will cease the opportunity to let a national audience know how fed up the majority of the Norfolk public are with Delia and the rest of her boardroom staff!!!

Enough is certainly enough. what was the point of possting a 2.5 million quid profit, only to hand £600,000 over to the odious Gordon Brown? A comparable sum would have put Nigel worthington out of our miseries, and the rest would have replaced Mckenzie and added maybe a couple of players to the thinnest of thin squads. But no - the balance sheet rules. Intelligent people will ask, why? The standard of performance has hit the sewer this season, after a season hovering at that level, and the board makes no effort to improve things. Norwich city has become a joke, on and off the pitch.  Pink uns man in the stands raises the ugly spectre of relegation, in my opinion, that we are even linked in the same sentence as the R word is a massive indictment of Delia Smith and her cronies. This situation is disgusting and untenable. As noted earlier, Milan Mandaric is in need of a new suitor, as the Leicester deal  falls through, his input has made Portsmouth successful beyond their widest dreams. NCFC is a better, bigger club, imagine for a second what he could do here. The Christmas fixtures are too soon for the groundswell to turn against the board, but lose to Tamworth and its open season. Deservedly so. Its time for football to go back on the menu at Carrow Road. Invest or go.  

Well Smudger as you are not a season ticket holder, you don''t go to the matches and I detect you are not a shareholder I really do not feel you have any rights to voice an opinion because without at least one of those qualifications I fail to understand how you can claim to be a fan.

However, as with anything else you fail to follow thru. At what price do you think that I and the rest of my fellow shareholders, excluding Delia, should put our shares up for sale? £1?  £10, £100? Frankly I would not sell my shares to anyone because to me they are priceless and my way of stopping undesirables getting control of the club. And because you don''t think far enough Smudger just think about that.

An undesirable could sell the ground and carparks and training ground for building land. Would you like that Smudger but then why would you care as you don''t go to the games. An undesirable could refinance the debt, take millions out in fees and leave the club in a serious financial plight. An undesirable could pay far, far more, in compensation for loss of services for the Chairmans time than poor old Roger Munby''s company receives. An undesirable may never have seen a football game in his life or even know where Norwich is or understand the mentality of it''s folk that you seem so inclined to rubbish.

I am sure Delia and her husband are doing their best for the club and they put their money where their mouth is. You seem to be all mouth and no money and when I suggest you do something to help the club the only answer is dead silence.Oh and by the way I am a season ticket holder, I am a shareholder and I do go to matches and I even had a good weekend going to Stoke because football and Norwich City is not just about winning its about being a fan..

[quote user="Bobert"]

Well Smudger as you are not a season ticket holder, you don''t go to the matches and I detect you are not a shareholder I really do not feel you have any rights to voice an opinion because without at least one of those qualifications I fail to understand how you can claim to be a fan.

However, as with anything else you fail to follow thru. At what price do you think that I and the rest of my fellow shareholders, excluding Delia, should put our shares up for sale? £1?  £10, £100? Frankly I would not sell my shares to anyone because to me they are priceless and my way of stopping undesirables getting control of the club. And because you don''t think far enough Smudger just think about that.

An undesirable could sell the ground and carparks and training ground for building land. Would you like that Smudger but then why would you care as you don''t go to the games. An undesirable could refinance the debt, take millions out in fees and leave the club in a serious financial plight. An undesirable could pay far, far more, in compensation for loss of services for the Chairmans time than poor old Roger Munby''s company receives. An undesirable may never have seen a football game in his life or even know where Norwich is or understand the mentality of it''s folk that you seem so inclined to rubbish.

I am sure Delia and her husband are doing their best for the club and they put their money where their mouth is. You seem to be all mouth and no money and when I suggest you do something to help the club the only answer is dead silence.Oh and by the way I am a season ticket holder, I am a shareholder and I do go to matches and I even had a good weekend going to Stoke because football and Norwich City is not just about winning its about being a fan..

[/quote]

Please see thread below...

Well said Alex...

Also loyalty can not be measured in terms of how many games you attend or whether you are a season ticket member or not.

I remember Munby & Co trying to laugh me off as some idiot by questioning how many games I had been to see hat season at a forum at Carrow Road the day before Mike Walker was sacked (in his second spell at the club).

When I said about 10 Munby had a smirk on his face and many other local fools who were just season ticket holders and no more started to laugh...

Then when my brother remarked that I lived in Leeds off a students budget at the time the colour suddenly drained from Munby & Co''s faces...  The point was also hammered home that about 10 games a season or more had been a regular occurence despite being two young lads who grew up in Leicestershire...

What this post is trying to say for the fools who can not recognise the point I am trying to make here (and I am sure the point that perhaps Alex was trying to make above somewhat)...

Is that there is no way of measuring somebody''s loyalty to a particular club unless you have known them personally over a number of years...

loyalty can''t be measured through how many games you have seen in a period of time or whether you are a season ticket holder or not, or even how many away games you have attended...

City have fans spread across the length and breadth of the UK now and even internationally... and while it may be easier for a fan that lives in Leeds say to see games up North it is one hell of a trip to get down to Carrow Road on a regular basis...

Also peoples family lives and financial status at any given time need to be taken in to account, as do many other factors (such as ill health, personal problems, time consumed by work etc etc)

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

Please see thread below...

Well said Alex...

Also loyalty can not be measured in terms of how many games you attend or whether you are a season ticket member or not.

I remember Munby & Co trying to laugh me off as some idiot by questioning how many games I had been to see hat season at a forum at Carrow Road the day before Mike Walker was sacked (in his second spell at the club).

When I said about 10 Munby had a smirk on his face and many other local fools who were just season ticket holders and no more started to laugh...

Then when my brother remarked that I lived in Leeds off a students budget at the time the colour suddenly drained from Munby & Co''s faces...  The point was also hammered home that about 10 games a season or more had been a regular occurence despite being two young lads who grew up in Leicestershire...

What this post is trying to say for the fools who can not recognise the point I am trying to make here (and I am sure the point that perhaps Alex was trying to make above somewhat)...

Is that there is no way of measuring somebody''s loyalty to a particular club unless you have known them personally over a number of years...

loyalty can''t be measured through how many games you have seen in a period of time or whether you are a season ticket holder or not, or even how many away games you have attended...

City have fans spread across the length and breadth of the UK now and even internationally... and while it may be easier for a fan that lives in Leeds say to see games up North it is one hell of a trip to get down to Carrow Road on a regular basis...

Also peoples family lives and financial status at any given time need to be taken in to account, as do many other factors (such as ill health, personal problems, time consumed by work etc etc)

[/quote]

I don''t care how much you put your shares up for sale for becuase in mine and many others eyes you are one of the said undesirables that already curently have a grip on our club...  you don''t listen to the fans and have alienated them to such an extent that whether you like it or not changes at the club will be demanded at some stage over the next 12months...

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]

that entire Paragraph is just utter Crap!

just because u cant get to a game doesnt make u any less of a fan... i have a mate who cant get to weekend games because of work... he had a seasont icket for the best part of 10 years.. but due to a new career means he can now seldom get to games (sometimes even none at all). he has been to 1 game this season and none last season! he doesnt own shares so is he still a part timer or not a "fan"?

jas :)

Well said Bobert.  Why can''t people understand that the board can''t just throw endless amounts of money at the team, and whos to say that throwing money at the team works anyway.

Our overall facilities are gradually improving, we have a nice ground (which we own), we have good training facilities and a youth academy.  We have a controlled and structured debt, which is considerably less than other clubs financial issues.

We would all like to see the club doing better, and yes I do get frustrated at the teams performance, and yes I would love to see us sign half a dozen top players.  Any fan who doesn''t want any of this probably isn''t a proper fan.

What does get my goat is when I see people planning protests and demanding the board out and writing pathetic little narratives entitled ''If NCFC were a dog...''. 

What would be nice is if everyone could step into the real world, then we really would have a good football forum.

And finally, it is not all green & yellow tinted glasses with me.  I do have one major gripe with the board..............."Why did we allow Stevie Wonder to design the new corner hotel"

Bobert...........

"Well Smudger as you are not a season ticket holder, you don''t go to the matches and I detect you are not a shareholder I really do not feel you have any rights to voice an opinion because without at least one of those qualifications I fail to understand how you can claim to be a fan."

How is Australia at the moment then?.....Something about a kettle calling a pot black? 

If she goes I assume you dont mind if she and Michael take their money with them..... Oops.... bye bye Earnie, Hucks and Safri.Smart

[quote user="ronbol ronbol"]while we all give the board breathing space we get relegated. oh my what a brilliant plan everyone.

[/quote]

Classic point RONBOL....  even then many City ans would still try to look to the positive points....

Such as...  We have a nice ground, with an immediate return we would still be on a sound financial footing, we are only 6 points off the play-off''s etc etc!!!

[quote user="Bobert"]

[/quote]Yes, Yes and with all the money they make they could  build a new 32k stadium without a naff looking hotel in one corner, I vote for an undesirable

[quote user="T07"]If she goes I assume you dont mind if she and Michael take their money with them..... Oops.... bye bye Earnie, Hucks and Safri.

Smart
[/quote]

Think that you will find that any buyer of Delia''s shares would be more than willing and able to keep aforementioned players and bring in new recruits....

After all with a bit of better man-management and a little success gate receipts alone would be enough to cover their wages!!!

As for Safri don''t mind if he goes anyway... there is no way I would be paying him whatever salary he is on when he is no better than an average player in a poor division!!!

[quote user="T07"]If she goes I assume you dont mind if she and Michael take their money with them..... Oops.... bye bye Earnie, Hucks and Safri.

Smart
[/quote]

Smart? Surely it isn’t that difficult to grasp, if one day Smith & Jones are no longer the joint majority shareholders it will be because their 57% share holding has been acquired

Looking at the current and indeed rapidly growing balance sheet this is going to cost whoever it is a large amount of money, many millions in fact.

So just imagine the new owner has parted with his (or her) loot are they really likely to see their multi million pound purchase flushed down the drain by not retaining the few half decent players we have got?  Not that likely I would imagine given the value of the club and the sorts of money involved in striking a deal to buy it.

In fact I think it is fair to say completely the opposite would apply.

Smart indeed

Smart
[/quote]

Goodbye to an Ageing Winger with 1 season left. a striker who wont cut it at the top Level and a midfeilder who doesnt want to be here....

good rebuilding has started already... lets replace them with Quality!

jas :)