Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

Earnshaw has earnt us 12 points...

I have worked it out that Earnshaw has earnt us 12 points this season with his goals (not including goals he set up for us).

If he hadn''t have been here, minus 12 points from our current 29 points gives us 17 points, 1 point above Southend and 23rd in the table.

Enough said.

Why don''t you go one further and work out just how many goals Hucks has set up by his todd, then minus those goals as well.Oh cr*p - don''t do that, we''ll be in the Conference...

I know what you are saying but you need to also consider the points gained if another stricker was in his place. IE if we didn''t have Earnie then someone else would have been playing in his place.

You''ve also got to consider the amount of chances he wastes that another striker might have put away.  As much as I love the guy he has to have the worst stats in the country for missing one-on-one chances.  Its amazing really - if he''d scored more of those, he''d have 20-plus goals already.

[quote user="Marty"]yes that''s what strikers do![/quote]

It might be "what strikers do" but you''re missing the point!!

Football teams that want to succeed at any level have to share the goals around. We rely on Earnshaw in a way that is far from positive - he is the only player we have who can put the ball in the net.

Don''t any of you find that ever so slightly worrying?

yes i do Alex....

What also worries me is that do we have enough WITH Earnie to avoid the drop... he is top scorer and he is getting enough chances to find the net... but a real quakity striker needs just 1 chance...Ashton has it...Earnie doesnt.... ashton kept crewe upfor yrars...

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes i do Alex....

What also worries me is that do we have enough WITH Earnie to avoid the drop... he is top scorer and he is getting enough chances to find the net... but a real quakity striker needs just 1 chance...Ashton has it...Earnie doesnt.... ashton kept crewe upfor yrars...

[/quote]

The point trying to be made by the original poster is that without Earnies goals then we would be a ship laying at the bottom of the ocean already not just one sinking in very choppy waters!!!

If we had a board with any ambition at all then we would have a striking partnership of Ashton and Earnie up front together by now!!!

[quote user="Canary Boy"]Well said Smudger...exactly my point![/quote]

That''s ok Canary Boy.... it amazes me just how many times people need things spelling out to them on here!!!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yes i do Alex....

[/quote]

The point trying to be made by the original poster is that without Earnies goals then we would be a ship laying at the bottom of the ocean already not just one sinking in very choppy waters!!!

If we had a board with any ambition at all then we would have a striking partnership of Ashton and Earnie up front together by now!!!

[/quote]

Spot on Mr. Smudge.....[Y]

Okay Smudger,

That sounds very nice but perhaps you can explain to us ''thickos'', that need everything explaining over and over, how you would have managed to keep Ashton here against his will. 

[quote user="Canary Boy"]

I have worked it out that Earnshaw has earnt us 12 points this season with his goals (not including goals he set up for us).

If he hadn''t have been here, minus 12 points from our current 29 points gives us 17 points, 1 point above Southend and 23rd in the table.

Enough said.

[/quote]

But in this strange league where clubs are penalised for having a goalscorer and those goals get deducted we would actually be 6 points above Southend because they would lose Freddie Eastwoods goals! Southampton would lose 11 points when Raziaks got deducted and Cardiff would lose 9 when Chopras goals were taken away!

Macdougalls Perm wrote:

Okay Smudger,

That sounds very nice but perhaps you can explain to us ''thickos'', that need everything explaining over and over, how you would have managed to keep Ashton here against his will. 

Smudger in response wrote:

Sure I will… If we had of invested more than a measly few hundred thousand £’s after relegation and taken the bull by the horns in a REAL attempt to make an immediate return to the Premiership instead of bringing in second rate nobody’s like Jarrett, Hughes, Peter Thorne, Louis Jean & Co then I am sure that come last January we would have had a chance of going up and a certain Mr Ashton would have been more than happy to stay at NCFC.

Deano unlike many of our daft supporters however, did not fall for the PR spin coming out of Carrow Road.  He realised that we were a club in a mess who were seriously lacking in ambition.  Dean quite understandably and quite rightly in my opinion thought of what was best for his own career and opted to get out before things got any worse…

Again if you are looking for somebody to blame for Deano leaving then look no further than laying that blame squarely at the feet of those on the board!!!