Sign in to follow this  
......and Smith must score.

Neil Doncaster's statement regarding the Tamworth live TV game....

It''s funny how quickly things can change in this world of spin and PR ........

Barely 45 minutes ago I read on the NCFC official site that Neil Doncaster " would not be drawn on how much this would be worth to the club ".

For heaven''s sake why not ? It''s something freely quoted in the public domain -- I believe it''s £150,00 to each club.

If anyone now cares to look at the site the '' offending '' passage has been hastily removed.

I wonder why..........

Talking of transparency (or not), in my trawl through other Champ clubs'' websites for details of their annual accounts, I found that Ipswich have printed  Sheepshanks'' statement to their AGM in full, and Southampton''s Annual Report is available to download.  Not riveting reading maybe (though there was a refreshing emphasis on football in Sheepshanks'' statement), but that''s what I would regard as transparency.  Doncaster & Co please take note . . .

Don''t get too excited by that £150k - it''s already been "accounted for" as we have lost money on Carling Cup games so far this season according to Doncaster.

Eh? Just ''cos the games were away from home?

Hang on, we''re paying the players/staff anyway (irrespective of whether they are playing a league or cup game) and we must have had some income from those games - not enough to cover the hotel bill, a quick stop at the service station for a wee, coffees, and petrol?

The flat fee is £150,000. A further £40,000 is paid to the winner, im not clear if this is extra prize money or extra facility fee from the BBC, in addition, if Radio 5 Live choose to broadcast the match live, we will recieve a further £9000. Thats £200,000. Very tasty. Its imperative that we progress in this years competition, the financial benefits are obvious. a home tie against halfway decent opposition would be worth a mint. Plus an extra match or two this winter would be very welcome thankyou very much. A message to Grant and the gang. DONT SCREW THIS UP.  

Here''s an idea. Why don''t you wait for something to happen around NCFC (dosn''t matter what, could be anything)and then find a way of moaning about it.

Alternativly post something positive, interesting or new

The money has been accounted for as we have made a loss as we are way.Yes - cos the games are away from home, and have a gate of about 1,000 (max) away fans each.each person pays say £20, so £20,000 max norwich probably get about 25% (home club gets most to pay for the facilities) of this: so about £5,000 income.That has to pay: travel for ~20 people, hotels for same, plus appearance fees (14 of these), goal bonuses (about 6) etc.Comare this to a how match: say 12,000 (min) fans playing £20 each - [minus expenses of opening the ground - say 75%]so £60,000 just to pay for apperaence fees and goal fees.This is why we are over budget so far, as we have had 2 away matches at small grounds. which makes a difference of about £110,000 to the income, and increases the cost out.

[quote user="No 9 - Bly"]

Here''s an idea. Why don''t you wait for something to happen around NCFC (dosn''t matter what, could be anything)and then find a way of moaning about it.

Alternativly post something positive, interesting or new

[/quote]

Is this directed at my opening post ?

If so, are you one of those happy-clappy fans who believes everything the PR '' spin machine '' churns out and thinks all in the Carrow Road garden is lovely ?

I wasn''t criticizing Neil Doncaster as such -- he is an extremely hardworking Chief Executive, and, in my opinion is one of the more effective Board members.No, my disappointment is the mere fact that the Club issued a totally unnecessary rider to their statement regarding TV income. For what purpose ?

To do so, albeit only briefly publicly, makes the Club appear foolish to say the least. And it does little to cement a positive relationship with the fans bearing in mind the Club''s " We''re all in this together " theme which NCFC constantly expounds and supposedly cherishes.

I find Doncasters comments odd as he says they it will cover what they have budgetted for. For six years they have stood by our last manager and every year he said that the league was more important. So my question is why budget for anything from the cup?

Please Mr Doncaster stop treating us like plonkers.

I think his comments summed up his mind set.....does he say "Great opportunity for City to get into the romance of the FA Cup?.......NO!!!, does he say "What a great opportunity for the Club to get exposure???.....No"

He Says:

We are running at a loss on cup games this year and it will bring us back on budget!!!!!

Not a football club, we are a business, no passion