Sign in to follow this  
london Canary

Bellamy, What an idiot!

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=428126&CPID=8&clid=111&lid=2&title=Cotterill+convinced+by+Wigan

Have a read of the above news report, It states that Craig Bellamy told Cotterill to choose wigan over Norwich. Given bellamys connections with us i just find it surpriseing that he would tell another player not to come here. He did always think he was to good for us.

Why is Bellamy an idiot? There would be no logical reason for Bellamy or any other player to advise Cotterill to come here instead of playing for Wigan.

It was a simple no brainer. We should remember where we are in relation to Wigan and where we are going.

Bellamy is no fool.

And the next in the series of shockiing headline

The Pope - He''s catholic!

Actually seems like sound advice - given better wages and development at prem clubs,,

An idiot is normally defined as a stupid person. I fail to see you providing evidence that Bellamy''s advice is stupid. On the contrary, given the evidence of what has transpired at Norwich for most of the the past decade, an objective person might say Bellamy provided wise counsel for a number of reasons. If Norwich had signed Cotterill it is not a stretch to imagine their main interest might have been turning a reasonably quick profit on him. Not a terrible thing but more in the interest of Norwich rather than Cotterill. Further, Norwich have clearly not made the most of their opportunity to move forward but rather slipped into a state of relative complacency in teh Championship. Nigel Worthington was fired not long after Cotterill''s move. Wigan are still giving it a good shot in the Premiership and Jewell seems to be substantiating Bellamy''s viewpoint. Whether one likes Bellamy or not is another issue, but to call him an idiot for his view on this matter is just plain wrong.

Shows you how much Bellamy loves the club but.....

I haven''t seen enough of Cotterill to warrant spending £2 Million on him, yes we could have done with him but if he had have joined:

A, Grant wouldn''t have that extra £2 Million to spend in January

B, Worthy would stll be here cause Cotterill would have scored a few goals to keep Worthy safe!

So actually Thanks Bellamy, you got Worthy sacked!

[quote user="komakino"]Why is Bellamy an idiot? There would be no logical reason for Bellamy or any other player to advise Cotterill to come here instead of playing for Wigan. It was a simple no brainer. We should remember where we are in relation to Wigan and where we are going. Bellamy is no fool.[/quote]

My point being that if bellamys love for this club is so great why advise a player not to come here, try and sell our club to the player not put him off, it dosn''t matter who the other team is!

Apart from wigans money we are a bigger club than them by far.

I don''t think Bellamy has affection for anything other than Bellamy. He is patriotically Welsh and just happened to get his break at Carrow Road......then left. 

He is a terrific player and made us several million.......but that''s about all there is to it. We certainly shouldn''t begin to believe that he has much affection for Norwich or Norfolk......

thanks bellamy i didnt want an unknown league 1 player in my team especially for 2 million thats a stupid price for a person who has probably played about 20-30 career games so cotterill is worth 2 million and we only bought hux for 1 million yes im sure cotterill is better than hux so thanks bellamy

at the time of Cotterills transfer Worthington was in charge and we were heading downwards rapidly. would u of advised him "yeh join Norwich, the manager hasnt got a clue, the fans are infighting and they are heading for League 1"

or would u say "go to Wigan, u will get a game, Play at the highest level against some of the worlds best, and not be in a relegation fight"

now whos the idiot?

jas :)

Easy tigers. I think Bellers has probably been stitched up by some shoddy journalism.

"Go for it" when Cotterill told him about the Wigan move, is hardly "Dave, I know you''re keen on Norwich, but I want to stitch them up, so best choose Wigan instead, there''s a good boy. MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA" as he strokes a white cat on his lap. The phrase could just as easily have been "If that''s what you want to do then go for it", which means "Sod off and leave me alone Cockerel-Hair, and make your own damn mind up, you ain''t that good anyway".

Bellamy is a City legend, is always respectful towards Norwich and the fans and the part they played in his career, and has proved it on many occasions, often coming to Carrow Road to support us when his own club haven''t been playing. I don''t think he''s going to stab us in the back for no reason. Or maybe rather than all this common sense, you''d like to pick out three words quoted from someone else and interpret shedloads into them so we can get the pitchforks out.

[quote user="Canary02"]

Easy tigers. I think Bellers has probably been stitched up by some shoddy journalism.

"Go for it" when Cotterill told him about the Wigan move, is hardly "Dave, I know you''re keen on Norwich, but I want to stitch them up, so best choose Wigan instead, there''s a good boy. MWAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA" as he strokes a white cat on his lap. The phrase could just as easily have been "If that''s what you want to do then go for it", which means "Sod off and leave me alone Cockerel-Hair, and make your own damn mind up, you ain''t that good anyway".

Bellamy is a City legend, is always respectful towards Norwich and the fans and the part they played in his career, and has proved it on many occasions, often coming to Carrow Road to support us when his own club haven''t been playing. I don''t think he''s going to stab us in the back for no reason. Or maybe rather than all this common sense, you''d like to pick out three words quoted from someone else and interpret shedloads into them so we can get the pitchforks out.

[/quote]

Completely agreed. I''d rather go by what I''ve heard Bellamy say himself, as opposed to a pretty vague quote which is then attributed to something negative to our club.

He always speaks highly of the fans here, and his time as a player in a City shirt.

True though, he is a bit of an idiot sometimes! [:P]

[quote user="mbncfc"][quote user="Canary02"]

[/quote]

Completely agreed. I''d rather go by what I''ve heard Bellamy say himself, as opposed to a pretty vague quote which is then attributed to something negative to our club.

He always speaks highly of the fans here, and his time as a player in a City shirt.

True though, he is a bit of an idiot sometimes! [:P]

[/quote]

Thank you, aleast somebody agrees. Bellamy has had his fair share of trouble whereever he has been.

I don''t know why people are saying "thank you bellamy " as if cotterill had come, worthington would have still been here, rubbish!

I think what you need to know here London is that Bellamy did and still does by all accounts keep in contact with Steve Foley to ask his advice on things. Obviously as you know Foley was made the scape goat by Worthington for his own obvious failures (Which have now been proven & Ipswich aren''t playing hoofball at the moment are they....strange that !).

So I''m sure that Bellamy would have contacted Foley after his dismissal. Therefore this along with the fact as others have stated, its fairly sound advice (what would you have told Cotterill / what would you have done yourself if you were Cotterill ? - fairly obvious too me).