Sign in to follow this  
Hartsons Gut

Is Huckerby going to be swapped with Riordan?

[quote user="give grant a chance"]

Funny that we are linked with a Celtic player, a club who want Huckerby.

I think that a swap is on.

[/quote] Why?

You gotta laugh !   Hucks would regard   dragging his wife and kids   up into haggis land   as a big joke !    as for having  strachan as a manager  ......  [:''(]

to be honest although obviusly im a huge fan of huckerby and the great work he has done for us....i have heard worse rumours then this

huckerby himself has not ruled out moving in the summer (although he has during january) and although his family is settled i seem to remember him stating that celtic would be an attrative offer someday in the future, and from what i know about riodran the two players are very similialr indeed, and does grant seem to have a slight dislike to huckerby for some reason

i dont want it to, but ive heard worse suggestions

Can''t see that swap happening. I''ve lost count of the number of times that Huckerby has been linked with Celtic, however nothing ever comes of it. I''m convinced that Hucks will finish his career here - whether that this season or after another contract. I agree with the comment above re his family - they are happily settled here, hence the reason I think we have Hucks until his retirement.

[quote user="charlies dad"]Huckerby doesnt want Celtic. But it really is time the board pulled out their collective fingers and tied the guy to the club.[/quote]

I agree bothh parties have said they want a deal done,So HURRY UP and sort it

[quote]Huckerby doesnt want Celtic. But it really is time the board pulled out their collective fingers and tied the guy to the club. [/quote]

How does Huckerby differ to Dennis Bergkamps'' situation at Arsenal ?  I believe that Bergkamp was happy to sign a new 1 year contract every summer on the understanding that the end of his career could have been at the end of any of the last 2 or 3 seasons.  Why shouldn''t Hucks accept this reality as an older player ?  Why should the club tie themselves financially to a player who may not be worth the money for the duration of any new contract ?

[quote user="charlies dad"]

Remember, Huckerby is only 31, Bergkamp was 35.

[/quote]

Just turned 30 !     to hear some going on  about his age   , you`d  think he was ready for a zimmer !