Sign in to follow this  
12th man

Phase 2 - Adams Out!

Just going back to Saturday, there was this exchange on Radio Norfolk’s Canary Call:

Caller – “…we need some players in, what we’ve got just isn’t good enough.”

Adams – “Exactly right.” 

What???

Wasn’t Adams saying only a few weeks ago that we had the best squad in the division, better than the last promotion squad.

Useless! 

Adams Out!

Time to move to Phase 2 of the plan to improve the quality of enjoyment and success of NCFC:

Phase 1) Worthy Out! – done.

Phase 2) Adams Out! – asap, get Richard Balls, in fact get anyone with balls, anyone who is consistent and not a sycophant.

Phase 3) Get Worthy’s Players Out! – Colin, Etuhu, Robinson, Hughes, Thorne, Dublin, Croft, Louis-Jean (probably) all NOT good enough.   

And after Saturday’s defeat, for those with the knives out for Grant already, just remember that without the 6 points obtained from Birmingham and Cardiff we could easily be third or forth from bottom by now.

Grant needs at least three seasons, one to avoid relegation, one to consolidate and one to get promotion.

Anything else is a bonus.

I had to "watch it on the wireless" on Saturday. I hated it! But what is the relevence of who is presenting it?

Why do we have to add ''out'' to the name of everybody connected to the club in whatever obscure capacity?

Actually, Phase 2 has already been performed, it was Outers Out.  They did the decent thing, closed down their site  and moved on.

Do you think everyone else could ?

12th man - Please ?

[quote user="12th man"]

And after Saturday’s defeat, for those with the knives out for Grant already, just remember that without the 6 points obtained from Birmingham and Cardiff we could easily be third or forth from bottom by now.

[/quote]

In fact, if we hadn''t of picked up any points in any of our games so far this season, we could have been second from bottom by now...

You what!?! Croft is definatly good enough, Colin and Etuhu are looking good, but agree with the rest. Just wondering why on earth you said Croft, Colin and Etuhu ain''t good enough, i would love to hear why you think they ain''t good enough.

[quote user="12th man"]

Phase 3) Get Worthy’s Players Out! – Colin, Etuhu, Robinson, Hughes, Thorne, Dublin, Croft, Louis-Jean (probably) all NOT good enough.   

[/quote]

Huckerby and Ernie are Worthy''s players too. Think they should go?

Ok, first of all why do we care what Neil Adams thinks. Football is all about opinions, but his opinion is no more important than an average fan.

Decsions will be made by the manager not neil adams.

I get this distinct impression you don''t actually watch much football!

are you yellow fever? do you support Norwich? do you support and Sulfolk based team? are you over 12? if the answers are Y, N, Y, N then do us all a favour and f.......................

All I have done is to express a view that Worthy, Adams and most of the players that Worthy signed were/are not up to the standard we need.

I think most people agree but clearly there are a few that don’t.

After the first five games Adams said we were nailed on for automatic promotion. Anyone think that now?

There have been items on the message board comparing the promotion team to the current team.  Adams thinks the current squad is better.

Anyone else go along with that?

There’s a big different between optimism and realism.  You do not have to be a blind optimist to be a NCFC supporter.

To “dr livingstone” I would say that Etuhu may have potential but he is lazy and underachieving, he might make it but is nowhere near as good as Francis.  He’s got to add a lot more to his game like running! and getting into the penalty area.

Croft I can see making it, gets offside too much, gets booked too often (poor judgement or still not fit?), poor finishing and petulance don’t help either.

To “nutty nigel” – yes, you have a point, perhaps a bit too provocative. But then there is a revolution going on.   Bit concerned that you cant see the relevance of the person presenting Canary Call unless you mean that we would be better off replacing Adams with nobody, in which case I could go along with that.

To “blahblahblah” - moving on was the whole point.  We are still stuck with Adams and Worthy’s legacy.  Some people want the board out, some even want Grant out.  I don’t agree with them.  I believe Phase 3 will happen, I hope Phase 2 also come to pass as I want to listen to intelligent and informed comment from the professionals with callers providing the mixture or good points and drivel, that’s the nature of a call-in show.

To “mbncfc” – the point was that there are some people suggesting that we should have kept Worthy and not recruited Grant because we got hammered by Stoke.  Birmingham and Cardiff were forgotten.  Some people have short memories.

See you got the score wrong even with such a modest forecast as a one goal victory by our premier league quality squad at home against first division Colchester!

To “Chris” – see reply to “dr livingstone”.  Colin is average.  Doest seem to have much bite in tackle.  Doesn’t seem to get forward in the way that Drury does.  Clearly they both can’t attack together but Colin has got add a lot more to his game.  Not as good as Edworthy, and he wasn’t premier quality either.

To “SPat” – Worthy had to get some signings right, law of averages.  Crouch and Ashton were pretty good.  Huckerby has been a success, so has Safri which is why they weren’t on my list.  Doherty and Earnshaw also not on the list are probably ok.

Doherty or Mackay, Crouch or Earnshaw, which would you have?  But there are 7 or 8 signings that I don’t think have proved to be good enough.   And Earnshaw has got to improve, you can understand why managers get frustrated with him, you would think by now he would have a better understanding of the off-side law.

To “barclayendboy” – exactly which bits do you have a problem with?

To “Jim Kent” – because Adams is a professional pundit and I think he doesn’t do a very good job.  That’s my opinion.  Of course the manager makes the decisions.  Don’t see what the problem is with wanting higher standards at Radio Norfolk as well as at Carrow Road.  

To “Marty” – so you do watch a lot of football and your point is that you agree with Adams? We have a premier league quality squad and are nailed on for automatic promotion?  Do you watch MOTD, we are not on the same planet.  We have sold the two quality players that we had; it will take 2 or 3 years to rebuild.  And if you think otherwise then all I can say is that you are entitled to your (misguided) opinion.  Of course I support NCFC and want to see us get promotion.  I don’t think that most of the current players are good enough.  I would be more than happy for them to prove me wrong.        

[quote user="12th man"]

To “mbncfc” – the point was that there are some people suggesting that we should have kept Worthy and not recruited Grant because we got hammered by Stoke.  Birmingham and Cardiff were forgotten.  Some people have short memories.

See you got the score wrong even with such a modest forecast as a one goal victory by our premier league quality squad at home against first division Colchester!

[/quote]

Respect for answering to everyone!

I know, I read my post back and I felt it may have come across as a little petulent, so for that I apologise. It was more mischievious than anything...  I appreciated the points made in your original post.

As for predictions, I''m yet to get one right! WooHoo!! Nowhere near with the scorelines, but I have got a couple of results correct. But then, what do I know about football anyway...

Personally, I think Colchester are a Championship squad and I''d be surprised if they were relegated. We have a top 8 Championship first 11, a couple of Premiership players and a lot of mediocrity. Sadly for us, as I''m sure you''ll agree, nowhere near a Premiership squad.

At least we didn''t lose eh?! [*-)]

[quote user="12th man"]

To “nutty nigel” – yes, you have a point, perhaps a bit too provocative. But then there is a revolution going on.   Bit concerned that you cant see the relevance of the person presenting Canary Call unless you mean that we would be better off replacing Adams with nobody, in which case I could go along with that.

[/quote]

I honestly don''t think it matters much who is presenting Canary Call. The host is about as relevant as whether Deidre or Marge host the problem page in the Sun!! The "stars of the show" are the callers. Where I worry is if the calls were being "vetted" by representatives of the Club.

Respect to you for coming back and answering your critics in the way you have!