Sign in to follow this  
silver fox

Apart from Eagle, where are the youngsters?

From what I have seen so far Grant plays Eagle the same way Worthington played Henderson.  I know it is early days for Grant, but where are the Jarvis brothers and Spillane?  I can only assume that Grant thinks Robinson, Hughes and Thorne are the way ahead.

Warming the seats on the bench mostly.

Personally i''m glad Grant didn''t through too many of the youngsters in yesterday, I think Rossi J and Spillane should have a few months out on loan first to get some match experience.

YAWN, they''re all teenagers, you can''t just put them in there all together against grown men and expect them to succeed, they have to be slowly integrated into the team otherwise their confidence can be destroyed. Look at Rooney at Everton he was and is 1 of the most talented players on the planet yet he wasn''t played every single game by Moyes

good point, its about time that spillane and the jarvis boys were given a chance, but at least Grant is started the trend with Eagle, who looks like he could be a player. Worthy would never have given the boy a chance in the first team. This is how its done, a first teamer gets injured, and instead of just plonkin Hughes in to fill the gap you give a youngster of the same position a chance. This is professional manangement, not play it safe no balls maangement like worthy...Give Grant a chance, i think he''ll do the business for us

I have to agree with you silver fox.  It seems that the Jarvis Bros are definitely out of favour with Grant and the current management team.  I have said before though I wonder if some of the youngsters have been hyped up a little too much!!!! I think that Martin Hunter must be a good judge of youngsters having worked for so long in the England youth set up that maybe they just are not good enough.  I have always campagined for the youngsters to be given a chance but maybe they are not ready.  IMO Michael Spillane will still be a very big player for us in the future, but I am not sure about the Jarvis''s

[quote user="Chris Meadows"]YAWN, they''re all teenagers, you can''t just put them in there all together against grown men and expect them to succeed, they have to be slowly integrated into the team otherwise their confidence can be destroyed. Look at Rooney at Everton he was and is 1 of the most talented players on the planet yet he wasn''t played every single game by Moyes[/quote]

Agreed Chris....they need a break but should be drip fed into the system to avoid destruction. Walcott went all of last season on the sidelines (including the England shambles).....but is now getting sporadic bouts.

I really do like youth in a team.......but Grant maybe needs to bring them on in his mould a bit before throwing them in......

[quote user="LoyalCityFanWhoActuallySUPPORTSTheClub"]good point, its about time that spillane and the jarvis boys were given a chance, but at least Grant is started the trend with Eagle, who looks like he could be a player. Worthy would never have given the boy a chance in the first team. This is how its done, a first teamer gets injured, and instead of just plonkin Hughes in to fill the gap you give a youngster of the same position a chance. This is professional manangement, not play it safe no balls maangement like worthy...Give Grant a chance, i think he''ll do the business for us[/quote]

"LoyalCityFan", you''re a sad little ex-WO who believed everything would be hunky dory once he''d gone.  Praise Grant by all means, but this is just a pathetic excuse for a swipe at Worthy.  Most of us have moved on mate.

Who did you used to be btw?  Haven''t seen much of "We need a Manager" or "NotWorthy" for a while . . .