Sign in to follow this  
Huddy

Enough is Enough - WORTHY OUT

I have defended worthy over the last fe weeks, saying that we were still in a decent league position, we hadnt had much luck etc but now i cant give him the benefit of the doubt any longer. We have picked up 1 point from 4 games against 3 poor sides plus a decent palace. To get stuffed away at plymouth and coventry is the final straw, worthy must go now. Our board must do what Leeds have done, the change has done them good today. I honestley didnt believe that when i said give worthy 3 more games after the palace one, we would put in 2 completely inept league performances. Tactically, worthy has let us down recently.

• He has failed to give Spillane, Ryan Jarvis, Rossi Jarvis and Eagle a league chance when other senior players are obviouly inadequate.
  • He always takes Lee Croft off, when he is our most dangerous player when we are pushing for goals.
  • He plays Craig Fleming with Gary Doherty at centre half, a partnership which we relaised was a disaster last season. Doherty''s good games are all alongside shackall.
  • He has missed out on so many good players this summer, which we so obviously could have afforded and attracted to norwich. What happened to the link with Arsenal?

The board must act now, even the people who have given worthy a chance at the start of this season have now lost faith. We have 2 home game coming up against so called poorer sides which we will lose if drastic action isnt taken.

Worthy OUT

Agree with evrything you say but im just afraid it will all be brushed aside by the board with the usual quote of  "we''ve been unlucky with injuries"

Yeah let''s see some backbone from the board.Get rid of him now,while the season is still young and we have a chance to turn things around.Sacking him in 3 months time will be another season wasted and the parachute payments finished.ACT NOW!

great points Matt... i honestly fear relegation under Worthy... i even had a dream about it the other night. sad and scary stuff but i believe it.

Jas. :)

It makes no difference, Delia won''t sack him. What a way to run a business. We are the laughing stock of the Championship.

Worthington made a great impact when he arrived, but has become stagnant recently, as is unable to motivate the squad and/or tactically alter the game when things aren''t going well. I agree with the board''s philosophy of consistency, but there comes a time when a change is needed to freshen things up. I thank him for his contribution over the first few seasons of his tenure, but I can see no way back for him.However, the fact he is still in a job isn''t his fault. The fact there has been no investment in the squad isn''t his fault. The board are perhaps at least as responsible as he is for our dramatic collapse this season. Prudence with ambition? Clearly, prudence applies to the football, ambition applies to corporate hospitality and a cushy working environment for all the club''s employees. Initially, I had respect for the board, but it now seems the majority of them just want the easy life.Thanks Worthington, but we all need to move on to different things.

The problem we have is that it is clear that Nigel Worthington is extremely close to alot of the board members. For example, i know for a fact that Worthy is regularly visiting the house and or Delia and MWJ and vice-versa. It is a relationship that is unusual in todays footballing world. This relationship wouldnt be a problem, if you have directors who know alot about football. Unfortunately, Delia and her husband or not footballing people who know what footballing decisions to make in the best interest of the club. Delia has saved this club but at the moment her lack of footballing knowledge is costing the club.

It is clear to me that a conversation at one of their ''meals'' together would go like this

DELIA: Whats going On at the moment?, Can you turn this around Nige?

Worthy: Of course i can, i''ve took us up before, i will again. I have lots up my sleeve for the January transfer window.

Delia: I knew you could, good good. This beef is lovely nigel.

Worthy: So whats the sit-u-a-shun. Am i under pressure? More Wine?

Delia: Know you''re not, If you say we''ll improve after January thats good enough, then we can take that on to next season if its too late. Just half a glass.

Worthy: Thats good to know, does that mean we can start negotiating my new contract?  I''ve got your favourite banoffie pie for pudding delia.

Delia: Yes, we''ll keep you on a rolling contract and considering the passing football we''re playing we''ll offer you a 50% wage rise.

Worthy: Thats good, it means i can buy some shares in the club and that riverside penthouse.

Delia : Where''s that banofie pie, its a long way home to suffolk from holt. Thats all right, you can stay the night.

(it really does worry me)