Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

The Burnley game is on Sky...

...so why not go down to the pub and watch it? You can still ''see'' the game and it would send the board and/or players a clear message of what Carrow Road would look like half-empty. The club itself would NOT be losing money because I assume that most of us are season-ticket holders and the club also gets the money from Sky which is designed to cushion the blow of a small percentage of supporters not bothering to turn up anyway.

People want to make a point. The next game is on the telly and easily watched away from the ground (and the club won''t suffer financially). Surely a point worth considering?

[quote user="Ramrod"]Ditto, and you can be with your usual mates.[/quote]

LOL

Sadly, or perhaps luckily, I will be in Delhi so will be watching on the telly and not attending...

If we''re going to boycott Burnley we must make sure that we get our message across to the media, otherwise they''ll just think we''re "typical" football fans who can''t be bothered to turn up when we''re on the telly. 

I understand the feeling that we must DO something, but this approach could backfire on us if we don''t think it through. We''ve got a long term problem and it needs a long term strategy.

We''re on the back foot at the moment because for all the noise we made last season, we didn''t back it up by boycotting season ticket renewals en masse.  It makes the board more confident that they can ride out the storm if it happens again.  Therefore we need a different approach.

We need to vote with our feet week in week out, not just when we''re on TV, and regardless of success or failure on the pitch.  Then the board might get the message that we''re not going to renew in March unless things change.

The root of the problem is the board''s overriding interest in balancing the books at the expense of footballing ambition.  Therefore, a financial boycott is the only form of action that will have any effect. 

Minor problem for me - my eldest (5-year-old) boy is all excited, because I''ve got tickets for his first ever match! I know it will probably go horribly wrong, but I can''t disappoint him now. Just my luck on timing, he''ll probably end up thinking it''s normal to boo your own manager.I''ve spent a lot of time over the last 18 months defending the status quo at Carrow Road on this forum. Yesterday was a watershed for me, though and I''ve withdrawn my support for Nigel. I won''t be likely to start slagging him off, but I have turned the corner and believe his departure is the best thing for the club. He is the football equivalent of Tony Blair - the longer he stays, the worse for him and us, as any remaining credibility with me (maybe others too?) drains slowly away.On a lighter note, it was good to meet Ray Ducker on Friday night. He''d brought sausages for Jas (who we didn''t see) and had a spare pack for my good self. We''ll be eating them on Monday, so I''ll let you know how delicious they were! I''m not usually one for bigging up another man''s sausage, but the touch of Ray''s wife''s hand is evident in the preparation of this fine meaty product...mmmmmmm![:P]

That means we''ll lose.

We Never win when a side is on some sort of bad run (e.g plymouths home form)

We never hardly win on sky or it seems that way.

Then again we hardly win at all!!!!!

AAAAGHH!  It''s a good idea, but I hope not too many fans choose this option. It''s an idea that I had already settled on for purely financial reasons. Why pay £20 or so to watch dross when you can see the same thing for the price of 2 or 3 pints down the rubbedy?  If the pubs and bars in Norwich are rammed with City fans, how will I get a decent view of the screen?

Or why not go down to the club, take your usual seat and sing your hearts out to support the eleven players out there who are doing their best - then, after the final whistle, make your point to the board/Worthington/whoever.

They need a twelfth man out there...

Good idea in theory, but City fans are generally way too subservient by their very nature to be demonstrative, which is why  Norfolk people are mostly derided & seen as walk overs by so many and respected by so few.

Even homegrown citizens who''ve been successful in business such as Robert Chase & Bernard Matthews have gotten away with taking the rise by exploiting the locals, so it''s no suprise when outsiders the likes of Doncaster & the Smith''s see fit to do pretty much the same in garnering and adding to their respective fortunes.

We are, and have always been too bloody soft.

With the exception of Boudiccea & Lord Nelson of course. [;)]

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Minor problem for me - my eldest (5-year-old) boy is all excited, because I''ve got tickets for his first ever match! I know it will probably go horribly wrong, but I can''t disappoint him now. Just my luck on timing, he''ll probably end up thinking it''s normal to boo your own manager.

I''ve spent a lot of time over the last 18 months defending the status quo at Carrow Road on this forum. Yesterday was a watershed for me, though and I''ve withdrawn my support for Nigel. I won''t be likely to start slagging him off, but I have turned the corner and believe his departure is the best thing for the club. He is the football equivalent of Tony Blair - the longer he stays, the worse for him and us, as any remaining credibility with me (maybe others too?) drains slowly away.

On a lighter note, it was good to meet Ray Ducker on Friday night. He''d brought sausages for Jas (who we didn''t see) and had a spare pack for my good self. We''ll be eating them on Monday, so I''ll let you know how delicious they were! I''m not usually one for bigging up another man''s sausage, but the touch of Ray''s wife''s hand is evident in the preparation of this fine meaty product...mmmmmmm![:P]
[/quote]

Lol Barman, theres absolutely no way i can get to your fine drinking establishment from my area of the city, id have to walk it and it would take me ages! with a 5 month old baby Daughter evenings are obviously a busy time. maybe one day i''ll bring the family in. its a good pub.

And Ray Ducker, sorry i wasnt there to get the sausages, With a vegetarian Girlfriend any offerings of meat are greatly received by myself! stick em on the barbie and enjoy em on my behalf mate!

jas :)