Sign in to follow this  
Sing, Sing, wherever you may be...

who turned the corner- worthy or hunter?

What (I believe) John is trying to say is that the bad atmosphere at carrow road last season, coupled with the poor sales in season tickets (in relation to recent years - although I reliase thats all changed again now) has made the board sit up and think. Does that make it clear enough for you?

"The more likely truth of it is, the board called Worthington in after the shambles..................."  Hunter was being talked about in connection long, long before the end of the season. As to the idea that the board would hold Worthington responsible but not sack him. Appoint a coach without any agreement that it would work out between him and the new bloke is absurd. As is the idea that the club reacted to a few backsliders handing in their tickets and another assortment of oddballs parading outside the ground. In fact it was the massive boost of having almost all the season tickets resold that confirmed to the club that they had the backing of the supporters. Changes were simply part of an ongoing process. Clearly things didn''t work out as well as we all hoped. It didn''t need crayon scrawled cardboard placards to tell us that. What happened on the pitch told us as did the league position. A number of players have moved on. Three of whom appeared to be unhappy and were doubtlessly having a negative affect on the rest. Just a shame the club can''t sell off all the whingers and whiners on here to another club. The binners, perhaps ?

Any business with as many as 5% unhappy customers would be considered as a badly run business and changes would probably be made, if the majority of your customers are unhappy then  it''s a necessity

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"The more likely truth of it is, the board called Worthington in after the shambles..................."  Hunter was being talked about in connection long, long before the end of the season. As to the idea that the board would hold Worthington responsible but not sack him. Appoint a coach without any agreement that it would work out between him and the new bloke is absurd. As is the idea that the club reacted to a few backsliders handing in their tickets and another assortment of oddballs parading outside the ground. In fact it was the massive boost of having almost all the season tickets resold that confirmed to the club that they had the backing of the supporters. Changes were simply part of an ongoing process. Clearly things didn''t work out as well as we all hoped. It didn''t need crayon scrawled cardboard placards to tell us that. What happened on the pitch told us as did the league position. A number of players have moved on. Three of whom appeared to be unhappy and were doubtlessly having a negative affect on the rest. Just a shame the club can''t sell off all the whingers and whiners on here to another club. The binners, perhaps ?[/quote]

Can you prove the above statement of fact you just made or did you pull it from thin air?

[quote user="Ralph Wright"]"The more likely truth of it is, the board called Worthington in after the shambles..................."  Hunter was being talked about in connection long, long before the end of the season. As to the idea that the board would hold Worthington responsible but not sack him. Appoint a coach without any agreement that it would work out between him and the new bloke is absurd. As is the idea that the club reacted to a few backsliders handing in their tickets and another assortment of oddballs parading outside the ground. In fact it was the massive boost of having almost all the season tickets resold that confirmed to the club that they had the backing of the supporters. Changes were simply part of an ongoing process. Clearly things didn''t work out as well as we all hoped. It didn''t need crayon scrawled cardboard placards to tell us that. What happened on the pitch told us as did the league position. A number of players have moved on. Three of whom appeared to be unhappy and were doubtlessly having a negative affect on the rest. Just a shame the club can''t sell off all the whingers and whiners on here to another club. The binners, perhaps ?[/quote]

Change the record!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

Change the record!!

[/quote]

So why not debate some of the points raised instead of just of making derisory comments? Ralph makes a very sensible point even if much of it is conjecture. If we banned this (conjecture) from the board, we would have much less to read!

I don''t understand the need to be so arrogantly dismissive without any attempt to engage in rational discussion.

GOTF

Whats the point you never listen to my point of view and dismiss any opinions I have, so I''ve decided to play your game.

By the way are you related to Ralph?

I will end my self-imposed exile to say:

Don''t forget - if Hunter is completely responsible for the team winning, he is also totally at fault for today''s 3-0 defeat to Coventry.

Thanks a lot, Martin.

[quote user="cityangel"]

GOTF

Whats the point you never listen to my point of view and dismiss any opinions I have, so I''ve decided to play your game.

By the way are you related to Ralph?

[/quote]

No I''m not related to Ralph - I just don''t like the way that everybody gangs up on him simply for putting opinions that you don''t like.

With reagrds to not listening to your opinions, the reverse is the case. I remember the things that you said last season all to well. It is simply that you don''t like to be reminded of them! You would prefer that we all forgot.

[quote user="Mook"]

I will end my self-imposed exile to say:

Don''t forget - if Hunter is completely responsible for the team winning, he is also totally at fault for today''s 3-0 defeat to Coventry.

Thanks a lot, Martin.

[/quote]

Good point well made - and this is from someone who has just paid £1,300 for his company to sponsor Hunter for the season!