Sign in to follow this  
Dizzy Rascal

Leon McKenzie Must STAY

Another error of judgement by our friend Nigel Worthington. McKenzie''s a good player (who has scored goals in every league he''s played in) and we''d be foolish to let him go to Sunderland or Coventry where he''ll score hatfuls.    Worthington is obviously trying to push McKenzie out the club, we need Leon at the club because Thorne is injured and hopeless and Worthington would never play Ryan Jarvis for long periods of the season.

[quote user="Hants Canary"]    Worthington is

obviously trying to push McKenzie out the club, we need Leon at the

club because Thorne is injured and hopeless and Worthington would never

play Ryan Jarvis for long periods of the season.[/quote]

Leon handed in a transfer request 3 games into a season after being

injured/suffering personal problems for most of the last 2 seasons.

We were patient waiting for him to sort his life out, he doesn''t seem to be all that patient with us.

If he doesn''t want to play for us, its a pointless exercise keeping him here.

I''ll be sorry to see him go, hes been a good player for us in patches,

but I''d rather we invest the money in someone who does want to play for

us.

[quote user="Hants Canary"]    Another error of judgement by our friend Nigel Worthington. McKenzie''s a good player (who has scored goals in every league he''s played in) and we''d be foolish to let him go to Sunderland or Coventry where he''ll score hatfuls.
    Worthington is obviously trying to push McKenzie out the club, we need Leon at the club because Thorne is injured and hopeless and Worthington would never play Ryan Jarvis for long periods of the season.
[/quote] Whilst I would never question his commitment or work rate I feel he is easily replaceable. He has had his injury problems as well. Anything between £750k and a Million and he will be sold. With that money and the Green money we have a chance to get in a top goal scorer for this division.

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="Hants Canary"]    Worthington is

obviously trying to push McKenzie out the club, we need Leon at the

club because Thorne is injured and hopeless and Worthington would never

play Ryan Jarvis for long periods of the season.[/quote]

Leon handed in a transfer request 3 games into a season after being

injured/suffering personal problems for most of the last 2 seasons.

We were patient waiting for him to sort his life out, he doesn''t seem to be all that patient with us.

If he doesn''t want to play for us, its a pointless exercise keeping him here.

I''ll be sorry to see him go, hes been a good player for us in patches,

but I''d rather we invest the money in someone who does want to play for

us.[/quote]I agree with you in some respects Herb, I personally would prefer him to stay as another thread very clearly points out finding another striker that is at least as good if not better will be difficult and I''m worried that with just Earnie and Jarvis we could have problems later in the season if either becomes injured. With Leon playing up front tonight with Jarvis this is an excellent opportunity for both players to really show their worth to the team. If Mckenzie really wants to stay and fight, which I''m sure he does and I quote "I''ve always wanted to stay at the Club.", I''m sure he''ll do us proud tonight. Otherwise it probably is best he leaves, as you say no point keeping a player who doesn''t want to be here but I will still be sorry for him to go and dissapointed at how Worthy has handled this situation.Hants Canary, I think it may be a bit strong to proclaim Worthy is obviously pushing Leon out, he may as I said above handled it badly IMO. As for Thorne well many players have turned themselves around recently, it would certainly be great if thorne could do this but I won''t hold my breath. Jarvis now at 20 really should be making a push for the first team, its about time we saw him properly and whether he''s good enough. If worthy is willing to let Leon go then Jarvis should surely get the green light and I mean more than just 10mins at the end of the game.

[quote user="Citizen Journalist Foghorn"]Any bid around the 1 million mark would be a fair price I would imagine, not a lot of point having an unhappy player at the club.  Especially one who''s contract is up at the end of the season.  He could leave on a free in the summer.[/quote]A good point CJF, I must conceed that we must make a clear cut desision then, either sell him or renew his contract for longer