Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Credit to Doncaster

According to Charlton they only ever "enquired" about Greeno and they moved very quickly to loan Carson from Liverpool.  Anyone else think that Doncaster used Charlton "enquiry" to flush out a bid from West Ham and other interested parties?  It''s not often he divulges transfer information to the press is it?

[quote user="Saint Canary"]

According to Charlton they only ever "enquired" about Greeno and they moved very quickly to loan Carson from Liverpool.  Anyone else think that Doncaster used Charlton "enquiry" to flush out a bid from West Ham and other interested parties?  It''s not often he divulges transfer information to the press is it?

[/quote]

It crossed my mind on Monday afternoon - all credit to him if it''s the case!

Hmm Saint - are posts based on speculation & supposition allowed on here any more saint?  [;)][:D] 

Maybe, maybe not - we dont know that it was city who ''leaked'' the charlton story, nor whether if it was city that doncaster was behind said alleged leak, nor the motives behind doing so, let alone whether credit should be applied - but if the possible set of circumstances you describe took place AND it in fact did resulted in us getting a bigger fee (and we dont know that WestSham wouldnt have come in anyway) then I agree with the conclusion to your hypothesis. 

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

Hmm Saint - are posts based on speculation & supposition allowed on here any more saint?  [;)][:D] 

[/quote]

I forgot Zipper, I will expect to be chased of someone''s land with pitch fork.  Actually I think supposition is allowed if it''s pro-club.

I actually just forgot the question mark in the title.

Charlton offered cash plus Andersen (who''s wage demands were too high) - that would''ve been a better deal in my mind.

agreed, its looks like doncaster has pulled out a nice juicy rabbit from the hat - nice one if thats the case.lets spend it now on some classy signings permanent/loan just as we did 2 years ago to steam up the table.  if dicko can a francis, and safri a holt, we need a top drawer partner for earnie to make a decent mark on this league