Sign in to follow this  
Hardhouse44

Lets give it 10 and come on Norwich make some signings.

We are never all going to agree on how our club should be run. Not everybody is as disillusioned as some and some are more satisfied than others if that makes sense. I say lets all agree to disagree and give it another 10 games. That will take us to the end of the home game against Cardiff by which time we will all have a much better idea of whether we have turned a corner or whether we have just had a couple of good home wins and are still lightweight. I would feel that a position of 6th or above by then would be expectable and leave us poised to make an attack on promotion. A position much below this would be uninspiring at best and would be surely time for the pressure to return to the manger and his position at the club. Anyway to my second point I''m hoping and preying that the management and board will realize that we might not be too far away from having a half decent side again. I hope for at lest a couple of new faces to really give the team a boost and take us on after our 2 good results. I would be disappointed with us spending too much if any money on a keeper as I feel we should be able to pick up an old timer as back up for nothing or even on loan. I would say that that much talked about target man should be our main aim. With another dimension up front I feel we would have a top attacking line up for this league. A goal scoring midfielder wouldn''t go a miss either. I have been disappointed about our performances over the last 2 seasons and I’m still very doubtful if tactical we have the best man at the helm but with a ten game 10 reprieve I would hope that the manger proves me wrong. Here’s hoping .

OTBC.

[quote]I would feel that a position of 6th or above by then would be expectable and leave us poised to make an attack on promotion. A position much below this would be uninspiring at best and would be surely time for the pressure to return to the manger and his position at the club.[/quote]

How would a return to last seasons'' pantomime benefit the club or its'' fans ?  You can see that we''ve started well, are aiming to play the ball along the floor (the main gripe of most unsatisfied fans), and have a more balanced team.  How does that compare to last January when we capitulated completely for an entire month ?  I think you will find it much more difficult to organise any form of protest while we play in the manner that we have been, even if we are 10th after 10 games, not that I would expect us to be in that position unless we have quite a few games like Leeds or get very unlucky with injuries.

The momentum has moved quite dramatically away from protest now, and historically with Norwich fans, that momentum takes a long time to build.  Look at how long we suffered Chase.  So you can''t just switch fan pressure on and off like a tap.

If we get to 10 games and we''re in with a chance, what then ? 

Give it 15 ?  Give it 20 ?

Give it a rest, and get behind your team.

What you mean is do what you say. I have no interest in holding any form of protest whether we are 6th 10th or bottom of the league. I am however interested in watch good football played by good footballers. When I see that regularly I will be happy until then I won''t. If your happy with everything fine. I won''t be call for fans to demonstrate but I would be calling for the board to follow up there intentions to gain promotion. They will be the one''s who decide whether we have the same manager by the end of the season or not. The board and manager have stated that anything other than a real good attempt at promotion would be unacceptable. I would therefore say that 13 games in to the season we will have a good idea as to whether that is achievable with this bunch of players aad this manager. If it is then great everybody’s happy if it’s not then as I said some will be more disenchanted than others. As for suffering Chase. Chairmen are a hell of a lot harder to replace than managers. I ask you a fair question do you not set any targets for us to achieve this season? I also ask this with all respect what would be unacceptable to you?

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]What you mean is do what you say. I have no interest in holding any form of protest whether we are 6th 10th or bottom of the league. I am however interested in watch good football played by good footballers. When I see that regularly I will be happy until then I won''t. If your happy with everything fine. I won''t be call for fans to demonstrate but I would be calling for the board to follow up there intentions to gain promotion. They will be the one''s who decide whether we have the same manager by the end of the season or not. The board and manager have stated that anything other than a real good attempt at promotion would be unacceptable. I would therefore say that 13 games in to the season we will have a good idea as to whether that is achievable with this bunch of players aad this manager. If it is then great everybody’s happy if it’s not then as I said some will be more disenchanted than others. As for suffering Chase. Chairmen are a hell of a lot harder to replace than managers. I ask you a fair question do you not set any targets for us to achieve this season? I also ask this with all respect what would be unacceptable to you?[/quote]

I''ve set my own target -we should win the league by at least 20 points, the FA cup and the league cup. What are you suggesting I do if Norwich don''t meet them?

give them a chance to see how they do in the champions league final.

Seriously though guys he''s just saying he''s going to reserve judgement for a while and see how we are doing and fair play to him, you would be the first guys to complain if he said he was going to judge worthy after two games.

i think its unreasonable to put a block number of games before passing comment. hell you''re saying give it another ten after 3 games. the problem with giving a pre-determined number of games say 10, is that we could lose the first 7 then win the last 3 5-0 then what?

i dont go with the whole number of games theory too much, other than to say you''re only as good as your last two games. fail to win 2 and then a third and the heat will be on.

lets take a game at a time, derby could really change the mood either way. if we win, people will begin to think we could challenge at the top, lose and it will be 0 out of 2 on the road and 6 points out of 12 - 2 behind the magic 2 a game figure.

dnt try and pre-empt and go with the flow - at the end of the day it''s out of our hands anyhow.

true, 10 is more than 2.  Hardhouse has directly contradicted himself though, saying that he won''t call for fans to protest in the same thread that he suggests we "give Worthy 10 games."

My attitude to Worthington is simple - I can''t replace him as hardhouse said, calling in here to give him any number of games is a waste of time, so I''m not going to worry my pretty little head about it. I''m just going to enjoy the season.

[quote user="Hardhouse44"]Fine, whatever, I thought this was a forum to exchange ideas.[/quote]

Please don''t get upset Hardhouse! But it is a genuine point. Then what?

If things don''t go as we all want what can we do? You surely don''t want to go back to the protests etc. They don''t do any good and just spoil the atmosphere at matches.

Having sunk millions of thier own money into the club, directors will want success too and I am sure that if they don''t think we are moving in the right direction they will change managers. But they will make their own minds up and let''s be honest so would we all.

If you owned a club and spent a large part of your wealth on it you would obviously get advice as to the best course of action. Most of that advice would come from people "within the game." If you then decided upon a course of action you would follow it through and back your own judgement.

At some time you might have to resort to plan B but you surely decide yourself rather than base it on the views of a group of people, however well-intentioned, that do not have full knowledge and understanding and do not all agree.

It would be unlikely we''d lose 7 on the bounce then get fifteen goals in three games but I get what your saying. If however you don''t feel giving it a set number of games before we call for action then surely a knee jerk reaction is more likely. Say we get stuffed 6 nil on Saturday followed by a 1 nil home loss next week then were going to here the boo’s and no mistaking. Ok unlikely but possible or something like that. Now I’m up for a change at the top and I''d take it now. However that is not for everyone. I was trying to find out what we would all find acceptable and what we would all find intolerable. After all your going to get some people who don''t want change no matter how bad we play and some who would want it even if we win the next 20 on the spin. I was looking for some calmness among fans which might just help get us the results at home. Where it was clear from where I was sitting that when we were 2 nil down against Luton there was a underling discontent bubbling up among many that may well have raised its head more prominently had we not had our come back which some will say had a slice of fortune to it. There is no real answer to what has become almost a battle of wills between some fans. Some on here who have been very vocal in the condemnation of the management have changed their stance almost over night on the back of just 2 home wins. I don’t wish to antagonize them but similarly I find that a knee jerk reaction. I have seen 2 wins. 1 good 1 amazingly exciting for 30mins but not convincing, that for me is not enough for me to change my personal view of the managements tactics and running of our team. I would however say that it would be impossible to call for the managers head whilst winning so I will take an over view after 10 games which if we have won 5 or 6 will be encouraging if we have not I would say that we are as good or bad as we were last year. If that was the case why would anybody want it to stay the same.

Ive got a lot of time for your posts hardhouse

I understand your post and i think i may have a direction; i think that the decision on the manager should be based upon promotion, others though are happy to stay in this league as long as they watch their team play good football.

The worthy out wagon consisted of many different people all with one concern - our football club. Some were happy to do nothing others not so, but within that worthy out umbrella there were many different causes from youth development to style to purchases to performances

We have made an encouraging start and despite 2-0 down against luton there wasnt too much under the surface, maybe it''s becasue we cant play like we did against preston every game, and to be fair it was the first poor half in three games. evn when we went up we only played in the 2nd half.

Football is fickle, the fans more so, and i maintain that the feeling on worthington will be based upon two things; points/position and last two games. if we were 10 points clear then he would be getting a lot of pressure if we lost two on the bounce, and the lead dropped to 4 points even if we were top! expectation becomes relative. here we are hoping for a stint in the play-offs min and poss top 2, yet if we were in the top two the play offs would be considered a failure!! 

My biggest concern is that more or less everyone has a little blip - just look at sheff utd last term. becasue of what happened last year we have to be aware of how negative moans and groans should that happen to us would affect the players on the field - they would be just as jittery.

Even if preston was the high point and we dont get that level back again, if worthy can get 50 points on the board by new years day, he''ll be safe until the end of the season. i''m sure he''s done enough to go until xmas if we perform like we have. It would take less than 40 for the pressure to really be on IMO.

Surely it''s the WAY Norwich are playing that matters?

If every player is playing with confidence & to the best of their abilities, & the manager has got them playing attractive, passing football, then you can''t ask for any more.

The difference between victory & defeat can be so arbitrary, hinging on a moment of luck or inattention, that to draw conclusions from any individual result is meaningless. The defeat at Leeds seems to have been a prime example of this. What you have to do is have faith that playing the right kind of football,. as is apparently happening at the moment, will eventually bear fruit. Confidence is nine parts of the battle - why do you think Etuhu has suddenly become an excellent player? I feel certain that the "hoofball" so prevalent last year was down to lack of confidence; when things are going wrong, when other teams intent on cutting the favourites down to size are breathing down your neck every time you get the ball,  what do you do? Panic & get rid.

All the supporters can do is to get behind the team & encourage them, even when the opposition score a spectacular one-off goal, or get a lucky  deflection. Resaults will come.

As long as Norwich are playing as they can, & should.

As they are now.

Blah x 3. Are you really saying that the fans were unjustified in being happy at some of the tripe served up last season?. Rossi has hit the nail on the head, different people had different reasons for being upset, personally mine were the style of play, the lack of ability to adapt/change tactics, the strange selection policy and the reluctance to give youth a chance particularly when it was claer we were not either going to get promoted or relegated......but that was last season. The green shoots of recovery are there to see, we are playing decent football, playing with confidence and playing like a team, and hopefuly there will be a long term, sustained improvement.

[quote]Blah x 3. Are you really saying that the fans were unjustified in being happy at some of the tripe served up last season?.[/quote]

Not at all, I was also unhappy, some, if not most of our performances were terrible.  I do see direct action against the club as counter-productive, and a waste of time, however. 

The only people in a position to do things for "the good of the club" are board members and club staff. 

As far as I''m aware there were no protests against Joe Royle, and he was sacked by his board for finishing 15th.

Also, this season isn''t last season.  We''re not playing now as we were then.  If NCFC now were to play Januarys'' NCFC, they''d thrash them. If we continue to play in this manner I see no reason for "fan pressure" apart from to keep people who have got used to the attention happy.  But people will come to their own individual conclusions, as a few already have on this board.