Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

Squad strength for Cup games

It''s pretty clear that our squad lacks strength in depth, despite having some of the best players in this division.

If we don''t field a full strength side against Torquay, personally I haven''t got a problem with that. (I''m intending to go to the game btw.)   

What do you think?

play yur best team at all times.. i want us to go on a cup run this year... losing to torquay due to an understrength team is not an option!

jas :)

My attitude towards the cup game will be the same as Nigel Worthington''s - He doesnt give a **** about them, nor do I anymore.  He does not consider cup games important, thus I do not attend them anymore.

I quote a fan here: "Neil Doncaster told me that Worthy sees cup matches as a waste of time and not important to the success of the club."

so who cares what team we put out against Torquay...

I''d like a cup run as well, but realistically our lack of strength in depth (plus a possible 49 league games a season) means that we have to prioritise.

On a more positive note, it gives fringe players an opportunity to play proper games.  

We have fantasic squad depth but Worthington just will not utilise the youngsters. Look at Southampton yesterday, they proved that having one or two youngsters on the pitch does no harm whatsoever.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

If a fan told you that Neil Doncaster had told you to put your head in the oven, would you do it ?

Please ?

[/quote]

You can find the quote from user Charlie on thge link below. I see no reason to not beleive him. The only way fans know Worthington is definatly not interested in Jason Koumas is because a fan spoke to Neil Doncaster. Our cup record under Worthington is utterly horrendous.

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/718248/ShowPost.aspx

I don''t really care about the Carling Cup, but it would be useful to play Spillane, Jarvis'', Cave-Brown etc. to give them experience.

Worthless seems to have no confidence in our younger players, so why have an academy if the buffoon will never play them? I''d rather have Rossi and Spillane is the middle than Hooves and Robinson. They''re cheaper too!

Message to younger players: If you fancy a career in football, get out of Norwich fast. At least while Worthless is here.

You are right Foghorn Doncaster did say that to a fan along with the Koumas remark , it was at the night out where Doncaster , Joe Ferari and others from the club had a question and answer session with posters off the official site messageboard .