Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

I'm sick of it

I am seething with all this anti worthington stuff, it''s winding me up.

We know the situation; if he doesnt come up with the goods he''ll go. Play-offs is the minimum acceptable position - and that doesnt take into account a late run from near the bottom - it''s in the mix from the first 5 games onwards.

There are so many posts on this board about worthington i''m beginning to feel apathetic - and critically - personal posts have no place on this board. judge the man in whatever way you want, but this isnt personal. If you want to make it personal, take it out on the board - they are the ones that keep him in the post, or pop down to colney and say it to him face to face.

We''ve played one game, played ok, but lost to a very poor looking leeds side. If we have anything less than 12 points after 5 games then start asking your ''will he stay, ''or how long as he got threads, but the hatred is beyond what i think should be accepted.

At the end of the day I will freely admit that he''s spunked a hell of a lot of cash on players that havent come up to scratch, and he''s not allowed himself to be bullied by the board into buying players that are not much kop this summer. If that means going with what we''ve got then look at the board - or the reality that for whatever reason there''s isnt the cash  that doesnt mean to say we are broke wiz!

Tactically i think he is definately suspect, but the 4-5-1 could well have come off. I know that people go ''oh what are we doing playing with one up front, have we no ambition'' but quite frankly it is a part of the modern game to be able to adjust. Most importantly the question should be does it work?

The biggest single issue for me is the lack of a decent scouting system, we always seem to be miles off the pace in this department, and could be a reason for such dire signings.

Foley''s sacking wasnt met with great appreciation by many fans, but i have to say that i think that Hunter''s influence is being over-looked becasue it doesnt suit what people want to see - we passed the ball against Leeds in a way we haven''t for far too long, even etuhu was given MoM by some press.

I''m not a worthy lover, but my team comes before my willingness to see him depart. When we took Worthington on -board we accepted he was going to learn on the job. He has made the same mistakes for too long, but if he learns from them now, doesnt that make him a better prospect?

All i''m saying is judge someone on their results - this season isnt last, and yes I accept that there''s not much that has changed since last season - but as I''ve already said - give it five games or so. All summer this board have been debating how long he''s got, and the minimum anyone came up with was 5 games. Yes, I know there are some that have never wanted him, and you are right to voice that, but you''ve waited this long, a few games isnt going to make the jot of difference is it?

So please, pretty please with a cherry on top, give it a rest before some WO and the neutrals feel totally alienated - andface it thats the quickest way to increased unrest and in the long run totally against what you want to achieve

Well said Rossi.

No manager is going to be sacked after one game, so I see very little point in chewing over the same old bone.  I thought he should have gone last season, the board didn''t and he starts the new season as manager of Norwich City Football.  No amount of constant moaning about it on this forum is going to change it, so I won''t bother. 

As you say Worthington has to be judged on this season not the last.  If the WO argument is based upon the promotion and play-off season''s being history and no longer relevant, then so is the relegation season and last season.  Some people are never going to be happy though and this has become more about some sort of vendetta against Worthington as much as lack of success.  The clothes he wears, his haircut, where he went on holiday and his accent have nothing to do with how he manages this football club yet all have been used as a stick to beat him with . 

Ultimately I don''t care who the manager, what I do care about is going to Carrow Road and to away games to enjoy the event.  For a lot of last season I didn''t enjoy the experience and it was not all down to Worthy.

I went to Leeds and enjoyed watching City and that''s all you can hope for as a football supporter - enjoying watching the team.  I am on the train from Southampton now (supposedly working) on my laptop and I''m looking forward to the game tonight.

i''m getting behind the team tonight for the sake of NCFC, not worthy.  his rallying call to the crowd to earn this backing didn''t include any conilatory remarks - he only says he didn''t feel under threat or pressure last year from the crowd protests - oh year, that''s why he ran from the dug-out fist raised last season at the calls for him to go from the snakepit and barclay and expalined it afterwards in his famous passion, roy, passion statement.  i''m disappointed he hasn''t made more efforts to get the crowd back onside and his statements only seem to wind me up.otbc

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i''m disappointed he hasn''t made more efforts to get the crowd back onside and his statements only seem to wind me up.[/quote]

I think you need to move on mate.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]i''m getting behind the team tonight for the sake of NCFC, not worthy.  his rallying call to the crowd to earn this backing didn''t include any conilatory remarks - he only says he didn''t feel under threat or pressure last year from the crowd protests - oh year, that''s why he ran from the dug-out fist raised last season at the calls for him to go from the snakepit and barclay and expalined it afterwards in his famous passion, roy, passion statement. 

i''m disappointed he hasn''t made more efforts to get the crowd back onside and his statements only seem to wind me up.

otbc

[/quote]

That''s fine LGT but some people seem to think that by supporting the team they are supporting Worthy by proxy.  It shouldn''t be like that.

Best post that I''ve taken the time to read for ages Rossi.It''s a completely uninteresting place to visit these days - the Pink''Un message board. It''s the same old arguments getting rehashed again and again, followed up by the same old vitriol from WO''s a KTFers, alike.This board was once a place for reasoned discussion. Not any more. Just a place for bitter people to air the same views that they''ve aired over the past 12 months or dig out more dodgy rumours or speculation about what''s going on down at Carrow Road.Everyone one of us would do the team more of a favour if we put all our verbal efforts into supporting the team.

Rossi - I''m so glad you''ve said that stuff.

I believed that Worthy should go but the rabid, witch-hunting, almost psychotic rabble have made me think twice, and with every pointless "irish clown" comment my belief and hope that he will succeed increases.

Worthy Outers - be careful. As far as I know there are no "Worthy Supporters" left, but there are a lot who haven''t made up their mind. You could turn a lot of people against you if you''re not careful...

Mook,

It''s not just Worthy supporters and Nuetrals who have turned on them. There are some WOers who have as well. These people do the cause they claim to affiliate to no good what so ever.

I myself shoot them down with regularity now, purely because I think a bit of irradication won''t do the board any harm what so ever. Maybe then we can get back to some sensible debate using facts and figures, not made up stories and comments taken out of context used to suit the cause they claim to affiliate to.

The thing is though, I do sometimes wonder if I should really bother. Maybe the answer is to just ignore these type of posts and perhaps the guilty parties will eventually go away having recieved no attention.

What do you think? What is the best way to tackle this situation in your opinion?

I don''t know YR. I would love to leave this board, but I''ve been here since Chris Llewellyn was a shoo-in for the left wing and I don''t plan on getting chased out by the nutters.

I don''t necessarily think sensible debate will ever happen, and perhaps that ain''t a good thing - football is a knee-jerk place to be and that''s just the way it is.

But it''s the hatred, bitterness and blinkered phobia towards Nigel that really ruins it.

This issue of him offending the fans I find hilarious. The same fans that sing about gypsys, Tony Martin, Posh Spice and Joe Royle get offended when Nigel says he doesn''t care what they say!! Brilliant.

[quote user="Morph"]
Best post that I''ve taken the time to read for ages Rossi.

It''s a completely uninteresting place to visit these days - the Pink''Un message board. It''s the same old arguments getting rehashed again and again, followed up by the same old vitriol from WO''s a KTFers, alike.

This board was once a place for reasoned discussion. Not any more. Just a place for bitter people to air the same views that they''ve aired over the past 12 months or dig out more dodgy rumours or speculation about what''s going on down at Carrow Road.

Everyone one of us would do the team more of a favour if we put all our verbal efforts into supporting the team.
[/quote]

Appreciated Morph and others - lets drag this board by its ear back to being what it used to be. BTW - why is it every few months those that sit on their elbows all day try and drag this board down to a WOTB level?

I probably won''t be about much after today as I''m finishing work, and its much more fun wasting someone else''s time than your own!

But hopefully, now that Norwich are playing well, and the fickle WO extremists have suddenly come over all fluffy and light-headed, things will get back to being a great place to post and debate, rather than the playground it has become recently!

And hey, look at the main page of threads - only one of them references Chris Sutton in the title, and it''s a p*ss-take! Now that''s what I call progress...

as i''ve said many times before snake - if you put your point across in a well constructed manner and people take on board those points then it''s to the benefir of everyone. Even id people disagree is also brings out an equally well thought post - which again, is to the benefit of everyone,