Sign in to follow this  
Mike Abram

I hate the M25!!!

Closed Jct 6 to 5. Bunked off work early to get back for the game then sat on that road for an hour to destroy any chance of making it in time...every diversion route snarled up also...

Add in a swear word every other word and you''ll understand how annoyed I feel right now...

Sat on it a few times Mike and worked out I could have covered the distance in the same time at a brisk walk.

You realise if City get a good win tonight you have to repeat the ritual.

Me too, but I do it every day

Milton Keynes to Bracknell - M1, M25, M4 - and back.

About 55 miles each way - once in a blue moon 1 hr 15 mniutes, normal 1 hours 50, frequently 2 hours 20, occasionaly 3 hrs +

And these times are only one way.

Still, the win tonight will make tomorrows comute seem short - it''ll fly by.

I love the A12.

Normally, I travel (from Essex) up the M11 but yesterday chose the a12/a140 route.

the a140 is so frustrating with its alternating low speed limits (and roadworks) but yesterday i was rewarded.

between colchester and ipswich i was overtaken (undertaken actually in the small gap between the two lanes) by a motorbike. the passenger was a nice young biker chick with her skirt flapping around above her waist and no knickers. Miracously the traffic seemed to move so much faster with everyone frantically trying to keep up!

I must admit I have given up driving from Southampton to Norwich and have started getting the train.  It was just too much hassle driving to matches (200 miles) and away as well.

There will be a few train fares being whacked through on my work expenses this season.

The M25''s not so bad. When it''s closed this would be for a proper reason such as road works or a car crash. It doesn''t have to endure the misfortune of having Tractors, Combine Harvesters and other slow moving agriculturial traffic on it''s tarmac like the A47 or A140.

So next time you travel on the M25 Mike, please, give it some respect.

So Komakino says the M25 is not so bad.  Took me five hours on the 21 Jul to drive to Gatwick with a seven mile tail back this side of the Dartford Tunnel - a trip that should take around three hours.  The road is a nightmare and is only good to travel on after ten at night.

Took us five and a half hours to get to the ground!  Cursing like mad, but later found out that a family of four, including two children, had been killed in an accident with a lorry, so put everything into perspective.  Makes me feel really bad for getting very annoyed about something fairly trivial.

[quote user="Dicky"]Took us five and a half hours to get to the ground!  Cursing like mad, but later found out that a family of four, including two children, had been killed in an accident with a lorry, so put everything into perspective.  Makes me feel really bad for getting very annoyed about something fairly trivial.[/quote]Hear hear Dicky.I remember taking over 2 hours to get home from work in Norwich (5 miles) after an accident on the A47 one night (ended up going home via Hales and Yarmouth would you believe?) and was thoroughly p*ssed off at the end of it. Then as I wearily reached home a news report on Radio Turnip confirmed the accident was fatal.I felt a bit of a git for moaning about the delays and realised that while I was a couple of hours late getting home to my loved ones, there was very likely someone still waiting for theirs to turn up and it tragically wasn''t going to happen.Be careful out there on your travels one and all.