Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Have we sold Earnshaw?

[quote user="1st Wizard"]As we''ve rejected Leon''s transfer request..............Have we now sold Earnshaw?.[/quote]

What a bizarre bit of logic.

Did you study economics at Lowestoft college by any chance?

Random rubbish becoming "Internet fact" in an attempt at self-fulfilling prophecy again I see.  The spell you are casting is a bit wide of the mark this time though. 

Come now wiz, you''ve put those days behind you, remember ?

I doubt it

I wouldnt expect Mckenzie to hand in a transfer request if is main competitor for a place in the team was leaving. Would you????Tongue Tied [:S]

No not yet Wiz but there is 8 days to go now, and after his performance at Derby, where he was playing sideways and looking like someone who did not want to get an injury..

Money talks and I will not be surprised if he leaves for the premiership.

Welcome back SI, you''ve been missed [:D] Don''t think they''ll sell Earnshaw unless of course we''re not in the top 6 by Jamuary!

Morty, relax man.... You got to talk about something when there is nothing to talk about..

But please give me a good reason why Earnshaw would stay at NCFC in the event of an approach from a Premiership Club. Maybe he has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for less say 4.5 million.

Also can you please tell me where you got the bench for your garden? ( Thank you in advance)

Cityangel, nice to hear from you and well done for your efforts with the Feud thread. Some people really have a short memory.

YC please post more often as it is always a pleasure in reading your input about our club.

Morty, relax man.... You got to talk about something when there is nothing to talk about..

But please give me a good reason why Earnshaw would stay at NCFC in the event of an approach from a Premiership Club. Maybe he has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for less say 4.5 million.

Also can you please tell me where you got the bench for your garden? ( Thank you in advance)

Cityangel, nice to hear from you and well done for your efforts with the Feud thread. Some people really have a short memory.

YC please post more often as it is always a pleasure in reading your input about our club.

[QUOTE]Morty, relax man.... You got to talk about something when there is nothing to talk about[/QUOTE]

Most of us are making do with the league cup, I guess talking about a non-existent sale is more interesting ?

[quote]But please give me a good reason why Earnshaw would stay at NCFC in the event of an approach from a Premiership Club. Maybe he has a clause in his contract allowing him to leave for less say 4.5 million[/quote]

Maybe he does, maybe he doesnt''t.  Please give me a good reason why would Norwich let Earnshaw go for less than 7 million. We got 7.5 million for Ashton, affter all.

(blah)x3  because when a player decides he wants to move, the clubs cannot do much about it... I would like also to point to you that Earnshaw was bought because the sale of Dean Ashton( 2nd week of January 2005). and with the shopping window closing, it is apparent to me that the contract offered to Earnshaw will be more in his favour than to NCFC. I am not here to suggest a value for Earnshaw, but to discuss "What if , if we had an approach?( and assuming he has a claused to talk with a club for 4.5 million).

I would like now to try to give you an answer to your statement/question? Would you like to compare Ashton and Earnshaw as players? Or would like to compare them as values and assets for the plc they work for?

Marty thank you for the information about B& Q.....

[quote]because when a player decides he wants to move, the clubs cannot do much about it...[/quote]

This much is true.  However, Earnshaw has stated on many occasions that he came here with something to prove, and that he would like to get Norwich into the Premiership, and that he is happy here. 

[quote]What if , if we had an approach?( and assuming he has a claused to talk with a club for 4.5 million). [/quote]

What is the point of even discussing this if there isn''t a clause ? 

[quote]Would you like to compare Ashton and Earnshaw as players? Or would like to compare them as values and assets for the plc they work for?[/quote]

A transfer fee takes into consideration the value of the player to the club, and the cost of any replacement.  Ashton was probably worth more due to his age and potential as an England international. A closer comparison to Earnshaw is probably Craig Bellamy.  Earnshaw is 25, 2 years younger than Craig Bellamy, both are current Welsh internationals, Craig has played at a higher level.  Craig signed for Liverpool for a rumoured 6.5 million transfer fee.  On that basis, Earnshaw has to be worth at least 5.5 million to Norwich.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

[quote]because when a player decides he wants to move, the clubs cannot do much about it...[/quote]

This much is true.  However, Earnshaw has stated on many occasions that he came here with something to prove, and that he would like to get Norwich into the Premiership, and that he is happy here. 

[quote]What if , if we had an approach?( and assuming he has a claused to talk with a club for 4.5 million). [/quote]

What is the point of even discussing this if there isn''t a clause ? 

[quote]Would you like to compare Ashton and Earnshaw as players? Or would like to compare them as values and assets for the plc they work for?[/quote]

A transfer fee takes into consideration the value of the player to the club, and the cost of any replacement.  Ashton was probably worth more due to his age and potential as an England international. A closer comparison to Earnshaw is probably Craig Bellamy.  Earnshaw is 25, 2 years younger than Craig Bellamy, both are current Welsh internationals, Craig has played at a higher level.  Craig signed for Liverpool for a rumoured 6.5 million transfer fee.  On that basis, Earnshaw has to be worth at least 5.5 million to Norwich.

[/quote]

But Bellamy is a far better player than Earnshaw however.  hence why Bellamy is at Liverpool now and Earnshaw has so far not made it past West Brom - or us, depending on whom you consider the bigger side.  Having said that Bellamy is worth more than the 6.5 million fee received, but that was the get-out clause in his Blackburn contract.

Earnshaw''s value to us.....  A tough one, if he didnt want to leave maybe the 5 million mark.