Sign in to follow this  
Nigel Worthless

complete lack of ambition

Is it just me or is Nigel Worthless just letting opportunity after opportunity pass by!! I can only assume he hasn''t noticed that West Brom are willing to let Jason Koumas go for 1.5 million!! That is an absolute bargain for a quality attacking midfielder who was one of the top scorers in the division!!!!

Another great player to get would be Chris Sutton. He really wants to come back to Norwich and would even be prepared to take a huge wage cut or play on a "pay as you pay" basis!! Could you imagine Sutton and earnshaw up front!!!

Wake up Nigel!!

And you''re 100% certain we have £1.5m and a further £1m in wages, plus the £0.5m wages for Sutton for half a season?

That''s £3m for one a half players.

Koumas has been described by various sources to be talented, but lazy.

I can just see the Outers in their droves, screaming "We blew the transfer budget on one lazy player".

But it may as well be about that as anything else.  Because it will be anything else.

Is Sutton still alive ?  He must be in his 40s by now, surely ?

[quote user="Nigel Worthless"]

Is it just me or is Nigel Worthless just letting opportunity after opportunity pass by!! I can only assume he hasn''t noticed that West Brom are willing to let Jason Koumas go for 1.5 million!! That is an absolute bargain for a quality attacking midfielder who was one of the top scorers in the division!!!!

Another great player to get would be Chris Sutton. He really wants to come back to Norwich and would even be prepared to take a huge wage cut or play on a "pay as you pay" basis!! Could you imagine Sutton and earnshaw up front!!!

Wake up Nigel!!

[/quote]

According to both West Brom and Cardiff the price for Koumas is £2m.

In regards to Koumas, I thought he had made it pretty clear that he is desperate to sign for Cardiff and move back to Wales.  Has it ever crossed your mind he might not fancy playing for City or moving to Norfolk?   I have just checked and apparently Norwich is still not in Wales. 

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Is Sutton still alive ?

[/quote]

Given his performances for Brum last season, barely...

Koumas is a talented player, no doubt, but if he was that good, don''t you think he''d be playing for a Premiership side on a regular basis by now, rather than shipped out on loan at every opportunity? The fact is that he''s a top Championship/bottom Prem player with a bad attitude and, quite frankly, £2m is too much to pay for him.

We sold a talented but lazy player last summer for the same price, yet now we''re calling to sign someone with the same problem and for the same price?

[quote user="Mook"]

And you''re 100% certain we have £1.5m and a further £1m in wages, plus the £0.5m wages for Sutton for half a season?

That''s £3m for one a half players.

[/quote]

As opposed to £3.5m for half a player (Earnshaw).

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]

We sold a talented but lazy player last summer for the same price, yet now we''re calling to sign someone with the same problem and for the same price?

[/quote]

A talented and lazy player whom played a MAJOR part in getting us promoted and whom we have failed to replace (well actually we have replaced him with a talentless lazy player by the looks of things). As Jason Koumas played in getting West Brom promoted.

He can score a free kick too - something we haven''t done for 3 years now

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Death of Canaries"]

[/quote]

A talented and lazy player whom played a MAJOR part in getting us promoted and whom we have failed to replace (well actually we have replaced him with a talentless lazy player by the looks of things). As Jason Koumas played in getting West Brom promoted.

He can score a free kick too - something we haven''t done for 3 years now

[/quote]

MAJOR part?  He didn''t really feature in the starting 11 until after we went top of the league.  For over half the season Mulryne kept him out of the side.

Please Nigel, don''t listen to some of the lunatics on this message board.

What? Oh, thank goodness for that.

And another thing. Lack of ambition is that? So let me just make sure I understand you here: any player over 30 is too old and shows a clear lack of building for the future and ambition for the club. But if we don''t sign a particular player over 30 that you rate, that also shows a lack of ambition. So in short, any move you don''t approve of is unambitious, whereas the ones you suggest are all ambitious.

Were you a fan of Rivers? Because Koumas sounds not dissimilar to me, only 4 times the price.

[quote user="We need a Manager"]Koumas is head and shoulders better than any midfielder at this club , our midfield wouldnt hold its own in the Conference.[/quote]

That''s not true, only the other day you were praising Worthington for building a side capable of beating Cambridge.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Amarillo"]

Were you a fan of Rivers? Because Koumas sounds not dissimilar to me, only 4 times the price.

[/quote]

shows your complete lack of football knowledge then......

WORTHY OUT

[/quote]

To be honest Paul when people talk about Koumas a few things spring to my mind as to why we should or should not sign;

1) He is one of the best players in this league and easily good enough for the Premier League based soley upon talent.

2) 13 goals and 10 assists last season is good by any standards.

3)  He has a bad attitude and he is putting his parts on at West Brom trying to force the club to sell him.

4)  I would give him and Worthy about 2 hours after signing before they fell out with each other and he was dropped.

5)  He clearly has his heart set on a move to Cardiff and it''s not known if he would be interested to anywhere else.

6) He did nothing against us at Ninian Park last year and to be fair it was not hard to look good against our midfield last year was it?