Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

When is an old City shirt 'retro'

Last night during our weekly 5 a side (yes it was bl**dy hot) I decided that the mutch disliked UEFA cup run shirt in my wardrobe needed an outing, after the banter had subsided I declared that it was OK to wear it as it was old enough to be classed as ''retro''. The after match conversation was ''How old does a shirt have to be to be considered as ''retro''? I said that at present I''d go back to the Millennium Stadium one.

What do you think?

The tartan kit is definitely retro, also maybe the purple Colman''s one as hardly anyone bought it and it has flourescent yellow on it, but anything newer is just out-of-date (apart from the current kit).

still remember my first kit, the old fosters sponsor. must try and find it one day though the fit would be interesting. my favorite has to be the asics with green stripes, the white away didnt look bad either

There was an 1982 Adidas replica shirt sell on eBay just two or three days ago for £70. I was gonna bid on it - but not for that amount!

I''d love to wear some of my old Norwich shirts out and about - but as retro as they are half of them still look god-awful

I bought the purple and flourescent one!!

It was great for a kick around with your mates as when the evenings drew in I was the only player that could be easily spotted for a pass!

I still have an old Adidas one from 1984, when we were sponsored by Poll Withey.  I''d never get shot of it, as it was my ''Mascot'' shirt, no change of me fitting in to a youth size nowadays though!!

My first shirt was the tartan one back when i was about 6 or 7. To be honest I bought a load of shirts from ebay, got about 15-20 and even the only slightly old ones (digital cell phones etc) still get a run out when i have a kick about. Hunting down older keeper shirts is frustrating, especially as there is some amazing ones. I collect "retro" goalie shirts, but only the well...more unusual ones.

The true meaning of a ''retro'' shirt, is a shirt that you initially purchased from the club shop that used to hang loose on your upper torso........But now wouldn''t fit an ''Action Man''.   

If I was Prime Minister, I would insist that scientists immediately carry out research - into making pies and Guinness that have the same calorific content as celery and watercress. Then, I would be sporting my 70''s retro shirt at the first home game....in the 2007/8 season...

Thats a very good question and one that I pondered during the World Cup. Everybody seems to wear the 1966 england shirts and I notice Umbro rereleased the Mexico 86, Italia 90, and 2001 (5-1 v Germany) shirt. I considered the Italia 90 but thought it looked more like I was too cheap to buy a new one and had just dug out an old one than I had just bought a Retro shirt.

With regard to City Shirts, when I see someone wearing anything but current day I assume too cheap. But from no on it''ll be Retro. Although on a different note my favourite shirt is the Cardiff DPC shirt.

If they started selling the Asics shirt again as Retro would it sell well???