Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Flems testimonial

Does anybody apart from me feel that norwich city staff as a whole think that the match to celebrate Flem and his duty to Norwich, is a way to get money in or do u think that they really value Flem like undoubtedly we fans and supporters do?? Discuss

I think it makes everyone happy, Flems happy its a great game for him, the fans are happy (i am at least) to see us play a big team, and the club should also be happy and it will raise some cash although im pretty sure all the money goes to flem.

I beleive Flem will donating money to the Matthew Project.

A question for anybody (that means Pete or Vince) but why is Flem having a testimonial - I thought it was after 10 years.

Any how well done to Flem, 9 years is a long time to stay at one club in modern football.  He has seen managers come and go but has been a fixture of the side throughout.  Despite being a bit out of his depth in the Prem the guy surely has to be up there as one of the best for City in recent years.

Anybody know how many tickets have been sold now?

I think the Testimonial for long serving players has had it;s day -

they are wealthy indivisuals who have no need for any financial

assistance fior their retirement - injured players are differnent

entirely

I think that Fleming should publicise the fact that some of teh money

is going to charity - people may support the evening more - if they

knew that

I assume teh prices are high , because Newcastle will not come cheaply

for an evening here - they can;t be bringing many of their ultra loyal

fans either

Gary,

There''s nothing on his testimonial website to suggest a percentage is going to charity so if it is I agree that it should be well publicised because yes it will draw in more people.

Maybe the Web Team might know, cause it sounds like the sort of thing Flem would do, big hearted guy that he is.

Actual Testimonal games rarely bring in much money for charity - gate receipts just about cover costs. Its the events during the year (ie golf days etc) which bring in the money. The game is more of a thank you to the player.

As a former employee of Matthew Project. Craig Fleming has been a great ambassador for us - remember the red and black wrist bands the entire team wore against Newcastle when we were in the premiership - they were Matthew Project wristbands

I think the match is just for Fleming, and not for some way to get money in. I think all the money will go to him ~ But feel he''ll donate it to something. i.e the Matthew Project as was said in a previous post.

Well done Flem -x-

Still don''t understand why tickets are £12 min for adults and £7 for teenagers 12 - 16, seems a lot for a testimonial.

If they''d have priced them more resonably say £7 for adults and £3 for kids they would have got a much bigger crowd.

I''m going, but only because I haven''t been able to get to get to a game in ages, and I agree with City Angel, the prices are OTT for a testimonial, no wonder they''ve only sold about 5000 tickets.