Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Worthy doesn't care what the fans think

His quote from last season is often thrown back at him but quite frankly, I don''t blame him!  People declare that they hate him and that the board have ignored plea''s for him to be sacked but why should some of the fans be taken seriously?  All the board and Worthy must hear is repetitive whingeing and the general attitude that everything that happens at City is wrong.

You complain no-one listens - well for two seasons this forum was full of threads calling for us to sign Etuhu and now Worthy has, he is the "laziest" player we have ever seen and is generally rubbish.  I know someone is thinking, "Well we had him on loan and he was rubbish yet we still signed him" but I believe people are playing dumb on this because everyone knows he was bought before we loaned him.  The loan only happened to allow us to have him before January and bypass the transfer rules.  Truth is we wanted Etuhu and we got him.  Maybe this is a good reason why Worthy should not listen to us or care what we think

There were so many complaints last season that Worthy didn''t give youth a chance (myself included) while he continued to play plodders instead.  Well so far this summer he has given 5 professional contracts to players from the academy and employed a coach who was working with the England U-19''s set up.  So despite the emphasis so far this summer being directed at the youngsters at the club (as we wanted) we are greeted everyday with a new thread about some "plodder" we should have signed and that we have now missed out on.  I want to see us sign new players but not a lot of those we have seen move already. 

So if you want to know why no-one at the club listens to you, it''s simple nothing will please you except Worthington being sacked.  You want to be listened to but you are not interested in anything the club have to say unless it means Worthington is sacked.  You ask for something and you get it but then you have moved the goalposts and you actually now want the opposite of what it was you wanted in the first place.  Like I say I’m not surprised no-one cares what your opinion is.  All you are doing is making the club dig their heels in because they see you as being unreasonable.

If you want to be listened to, say something worth hearing.

Kinda lumping the Worthy Outers under one blanket there, aren''t you Saint.

I agree that there are some people out there who will complain no

matter what happens, and as a football manager you just have to ignore

them.

But there are many valid points to this Worthy Out debate, and it''s a

shame to see an established and respected poster simply dismiss them

out of hand.

To be frank Saint - I dont care that Worthy doesnt care what we think. (the true supporters remark however was like a finger up at his detractors - if he did this when he turned it around fair enough, not after 2 failing season''s and yet another target failed)

He signs the players, he chooses tactics, he picks the team - not the fans - he is getting it wrong, not the fans. He gets paid over £500,000 a year to get the decisions RIGHT.  If he signed a lazy freeloader like Etuhu only cos the fans whom had barely seen him play wanted him he should be sacked right now.

I thought Etuhu would be a good signing, until I saw him play however....... Hence the web trawling and finding out he was a lazy underacheiver. Maybe Worthy will get him playing with his motivational and management skills..... , maybe Etuhu just isnt very good.  Personally I hope for the former, but beleive the latter to be true.

As for not caring what the fans think generally - well to be fair the fans have been right more often than not these last 2 years with their worries and concerns - Worthy has been wrong: he was happy with the midfield - Even me with my dire knowledge pre-season last year pointed the midfield out as our problem area.  lol the guy has not got a clue.

Worthy Out

I agree with both of you to a certain extent. It does seem like nothing pleases the majority of supporters these days, but the frustrating thing is that Worthington does nothing to help himself.

We all know he''s under pressure, and he is obviously aware of it himself. Yet rather than show decisive, strong management and attack the problems as early as possible he has fiddled around over the summer to zero effect.

I want, and have wanted all year, for the club to unite again and to go to Carrow Road with passion and optimism because I''m bored with the negativity and cynicism. I have no axe to grind with Nigel as a man, and I want him to succeed. But like it or not, the supporters opinions do count towards the stability of his position in the club. He is giving off the impression that he''s, at best, only now making enquiries about players who may or may not be available. And before anyone suggests it, this isn''t some masterplan of subterfuge to put everyone off the scent because he does the same dance around every transfer window of leaving signings to the last minute and making dodgy panic buys and loans.

For Gods sake Worthington, help us to help you. Give us something to be positive about, because all we have is what was left at the end of the last season and that was disharmony and appalling football. Change SOMETHING.

[quote user="Death of Canaries"]Kinda lumping the Worthy Outers under one blanket there, aren''t you Saint.

I agree that there are some people out there who will complain no matter what happens, and as a football manager you just have to ignore them.

But there are many valid points to this Worthy Out debate, and it''s a shame to see an established and respected poster simply dismiss them out of hand.

[/quote]

There are many valid points DoC and I''m not dismissing them, I''m trying to encourage those points.  The problem is that any valid points get drowned out by petty name calling and complaints about matters that mean very little.  Is the fact that Worthington wears a grey tracksuit really cause for dismissal?  Or should he being held to account for a lack team morale/spirit last season? 

I''m not trying to tar everyone with the same brush, I am a WO too.  What I am really trying to say is that the club would probably pay more attention if people were not negative all the time.  You could forgive them for feeling that people are now moaning for moanings sake.

Fair dos Saint, I took your comments out of context, my apologies.

You''re right in that there are so many out there trying to complain

about every little thing - the MLJ debate is a prime example of using

something that isn''t Worthy''s fault against him!

I don''t know what''s going on this past couple of days Saint, but I find myself reading all your posts and agreeing with everything you''ve written!  Are you reading my mind or something?

Do you think that there could be a time when the more considered Worthy Outers (myself, Saint and probably countless others) will start wanting him to stay just to annoy the  placard-waving "Worthy-Hunters"?

I am starting to sway slightly in the direction of keeping Worthington, and a big reason for that is simply to counter the ill-considered silliness that is constantly directed at him and the board.

Saint, you usually make sense, and though I don''t always agree with your points this post has almost all the ingredients.   So much of what is being levelled at Worthy is hearsay and downright guesswork,  in a court of law the DPP would have no option but to throw the case out because of insufficient evidence.  Especially the old chestnut of hoof hoof being his instructions.  He was never a hoofer when he played and there is no logical reason why he would be now.  He has iterated that he has told his teams what he requires them to do and that they failed miserably to work to his instructions, has inevitably cost them games. It is as simple as that.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

To be frank Saint - I dont care that Worthy doesnt care what we think. (the true supporters remark however was like a finger up at his detractors - if he did this when he turned it around fair enough, not after 2 failing season''s and yet another target failed)

He signs the players, he chooses tactics, he picks the team - not the fans - he is getting it wrong, not the fans. He gets paid over £500,000 a year to get the decisions RIGHT.  If he signed a lazy freeloader like Etuhu only cos the fans whom had barely seen him play wanted him he should be sacked right now.

I thought Etuhu would be a good signing, until I saw him play however....... Hence the web trawling and finding out he was a lazy underacheiver. Maybe Worthy will get him playing with his motivational and management skills..... , maybe Etuhu just isnt very good.  Personally I hope for the former, but beleive the latter to be true.

As for not caring what the fans think generally - well to be fair the fans have been right more often than not these last 2 years with their worries and concerns - Worthy has been wrong: he was happy with the midfield - Even me with my dire knowledge pre-season last year pointed the midfield out as our problem area.  lol the guy has not got a clue.

Worthy Out

[/quote]

Well I have to say your argument is flawed in a couple of ways. We failed to stay in the premiership but I did not see that as a failure as such - if it was then it was a failure of the 11 men who didnt turn up at Fulham. Thats my opinion and yours is your own - but unfortunately opinion is not fact so whilst you state yours with pretentious confidence I will certainly not choose to listen to it.

As for trawling the net for opinions. Well you look for anything hard enough and you will see what you want to. You probably dragged up comments from similar minded supporters from other clubs. I don''t suppose you cared to look at the scouts reports from other clubs such as Everton?

Saint is right - quite a few fans are being unreasonable and in some cases rather blind.

If Worthington did indeed not care what the fans though do you think he would have got annoyed enough to say what he did at the end of last season? Nope.

Now I am not suggesting that all of the The peoples front of Worthington Out are of this ilk but there are quite a few good examples of them on here and as I have said all along - they will never achieve anything.

The whole campaign from the word go was a total failure, the protests nothing more than rabbles, the direction undetermined and for those that genuinely did care there was no voice to it all. It has dwindled in support to the few that still genuinely believe that everything they say is gospel and that the weight of the support is behind them when in reality it isnt. It might be behind getting things back on track but not the extreme critisism that some have thrown at the club.

That way they have alienated all but a small minority of the fans which is why many suggest that is what they are. Because you have the "I dont care what happens I just want Worthington out" brigade and the "I would like to see Worthington go if we could find a good replacement and everything is done smoothly". The seccond group tend to also suggest that they are still patient enough to give a little room for manouver where as the first will accept nothing than what they want - which as also been mentioned moves.

They want to see youth and they see Spillane - then they complain that the manager has only done it to try and keep the fans happy.

For me thats sums up that lot.

[quote user="Worthless plank"]Well if a manager cannot get his players to play how he wants them to , hes a pretty piss poor manager wouldnt you say.Get hin out asap ...10 games is 10 games to many.[/quote]

.......and there''s your proof chicken........

[quote user="Worthless plank"]Well if a manager cannot get his players to play how he wants them to , hes a pretty piss poor manager wouldnt you say.Get hin out asap ...10 games is 10 games to many.[/quote]

Apparently all German’s are currently outraged at Klinsmann’s shocking lack of ability in being able to get his players to do what he told them.  Lehmann blatantly disregarded his instructions of not letting any goals in, while Klose and Ballack clearly did not score the two goals each he asked for.

That Klinsmann is rubbish!

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]

.......and there''s your proof chicken........

[/quote]

To be fair temp, Worthless plank makes a bloody good point, and one I totally agree with:

"If a manager cannot get his players to play how he wants them to, hes a pretty piss poor manager"

how many of the current squad arent his players - Fleming, Greeno and McVeigh.

He watches the players, he signed them, he coaches them, he leads them, he instructs them, the team is his responsibility.  Last season we watched the team Worthington built - not the one he inherited. Who saved him his job - a player he inherited whom he doesnt like playing.

Well done Nigel.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

To be frank Saint - I dont care that Worthy doesnt care what we think.

[/quote]

If you don''t care that Worthy doesn''t care, then Worthy probably doesn''t care that you don''t care that he doesn''t care.  Notmean [:p]

Canary 2, I am sure if you were the Captain of a ship you would not be consulting the passengers or crew how to run it.  Let alone take too much notice of any speculation or gossip relating to others expertise in this regard.  While the Captain may be found wanting in regard to choice of words or his diplomacy.  He is still the captain and one can only speculate as to how the ownership dictates what he can and cannot do while he holds the post, whatever is said in public by them.

Where I would agree with your last paragraph, is that there should a statement of intent for this season and a target put forward for our information, and a promise that if this target is not met then he, Worthy, will tender his resignation to the board if at a given point the target cannot be achieved.  For us at fan base,we should then get foursquare behind Worthy and his team and encourage them to be as successful as they can be in producing good competitive football for our entertainment.  I say that now is not the time for poor and disruptive fan displays, because it will only have a bad effect on NCFC''s reputation as a place where new players can be encouraged to come and feel welcome.

That Klinsmann is rubbish! Saint!! that line put it all in perspective, it''s so easy to blame the manager whoever it is.

Could''nt have picked a better line myself,  I bet that the Worthy basher would have jumped at the chance of employing Klinsman as manager, if he had the chance.

Total garbage Saint , Klinsmann has worked miracles with a German side thought to have no chance , Worthington has turned a fancied side into the laughing stock of the division. People who think Worthington is doing a good job should go support Ipswich YOU PEOPLE ARE HARMING THIS FOOTBALL CLUB.

Nope. It is you who''s harming the club.

NOBODY is laughing at us that I know of, and I don''t live in Norwich so I get a better viewpoint. The only laughter I detect is when people hear of our fans cheering the opposition''s goals, in-fighting, claiming that the board of directors that saved our club should be fired etc etc etc.

A German side thought to have no chance - by who???? Alan "duh" Hansen??? I think not. The home team of a competition always does well.

I don''t care that Worthy doesn''t care - allegedly.....I''ll be attending games long after he''s tending to his greenhouse and potting shed. Let''s just see what the first 8-10 games deliver.......

[quote user="Worthless plank"]Total garbage Saint , Klinsmann has worked miracles with a German side thought to have no chance , Worthington has turned a fancied side into the laughing stock of the division. People who think Worthington is doing a good job should go support Ipswich YOU PEOPLE ARE HARMING THIS FOOTBALL CLUB.[/quote]

Are you saying then that when Germany were playing well and winning it was down to Klinsmann but upon losing it''s the players fault?  Surely Klinsmann told his team to go and win the match, not lose it plank?  Did he not tell someone to mark Grosso from corners?  If so the players did not do what he told them too.

To prove yourself to be a moron you totally disregard my post where I say I am of the opinion that Worthy should leave and accuse me of harming the club by the belief that Worthy is doing a good job . When did I say he was doing a good job? Your post is exactly the sort of rubbish I was highlighting originally. 

I''m sorry but must disagree on this point on numerous occassions last season Worthingto was shouting at Jurgen Colin to boot the ball upfield and on at least two occassions was heard to shout get the f****** thing up the park when the ball was booted upfield to no one Worthington applauded and then put his thumb up. I feel that having watched Colin play and watched him in the reserves he has a footballing brain and is used to passing to another player not just thump''thump after all he was educated at a top Dutch club.

There are times when it becomes right to clear your line especially when the off the ball running is so poor that by passing back  ,which was often done we were on occasion standing on one anothers toes in our 18 yard area with no room to make a counter attack.  Worthy was hoping that the team might spread up field a bit and play football in the oppositions half of the field.  It was a message to the team collectively to move up the field as a unit.