Sign in to follow this  
Rotherhithe Canary

NEGATIVITY

whats going on?!?!? the season hasn''t even started and people are still in the frame of mind that the team are performing badly when we re not even playing, in my mind we will be starting a fresh come august 5 so i personally will be disgusted by any anti- worthy/players in the first games based on last season, give them a second chance

I totally agree, as I''m just bored with being unhappy as much as anything.

You''re probably opening yourself up to people pointing out that Worthington/Hughes/Robinson etc have had second, third, fourth and fifth chances though.

I hope things will be different at the start of the season, and I''d like Worthington to turn it round and prove everyone (including me now) wrong. I think the negativity stems from the fact that from all the quotes and body language, Nige sees no evil, hears no evil, and sees no need to do anything differently. Even successful teams need to evolve or stagnate.

However, new season - new start. Hunter may solve all our problems (and let''s face it, he can''t do any worse)

i think that if anything we should be quite optimistic about our end to the season, last 6/7 games we looked a decent team with earnshaw hitting form and his partnership with mckenzie, also safri should be over his injury problems, and if huckerby can hit the form that got us promoted i think on paper we have one of the top 6 teams in the league easily

I agree snake pit. I''ve waited over 10 years to get a season ticket, originally because of work commitments and later because there weren''t any available.I really hope the moaners don''t spoil what I think could be a good season by getting on the players back from day one. No club has a right to promotion, we have to earn it collectively, fans, players, manager and board.For one section of that collective to be effectively throwing a spanner in the works before we''ve even kicked a ball in anger is beyond the pale, frankly.Cheer up you miserable sods - it might never happen!

All the comments about this pre season applied last season too;  we have the core of an excellent squad which with some additions and improved tactcics can take the league (which is again wide open) by storm.   As I said that was the situation last season and it simply didnt happen - and the same shortfall could happen again.

As I have posted elsewhere I am deluded enough to think we can make it and start the season as such;   but I will not accept the same dross we saw last season happening again.  

negativity as a protest has a purpose snake - to highlight dissatisfaction and inequalities.  however negativity for its own sake creates pleasure for the individual, but chaos/destruction for those around them. i''ve wiped the slate clean as far as worthy, the board and the players are concerned, because i want what''s best for NCFC in what is a vitally important season for us before the chute money goes.  i''d rather swallow my pride than endure disappointment and sorrow if the season ends badly for city - as a lack of money would surely see us back to square one, as far as getting back into the prem is concerned.  i think many fans will be putting their disagreements to one side for the above reasons and on the opening match you''ll see support for the team on the pitch back to normal  - how long this will last is anybody''s guess.However, i would urge worthy to break his silence and issue a rallying call to his detractors before the season starts proper - a bridge needs to be built by him to make fans feel like they can honourably and freely give their support again.  so far, i''ve seen nothing from worthy or delia that creates unity amongst all the fans.

[quote user="snake pit army"]an execllant point, and also illustrates the fans commitment, i myself queued 2 hours for every home game to get a buy-back ticket in the snake pit and 4 hours for the derby game[/quote]

well you can get a season ticket now, just as you could have done a couple of years back.

Negativity just about sums up our manager I''m afraid.  Unless he has had a change of heart ( and tactics) I just cannot see us pushing for promotion.

[quote user="silver fox"]Negativity just about sums up our manager I''m afraid.  Unless he has had a change of heart ( and tactics) I just cannot see us pushing for promotion.[/quote]Hopefully you''ll not be bringing your negativity to Carrow Road and will leave the tickets to someone who''ll actually back the team.

I wouldn''t get your hopes up so soon personally. I am trying to be realistic, we have an average team that will get us most likely an average season again. I just don''t want to be too over abitious like last season and end up very unhappy. So other than its a new season, do you have any posistive points to make about the team. Lets be honest we have next to nothing left of our promotion winning squad or the team that nearly kept us up. Currently IMO we have 15 first team players, I didnt count youth players as most of them don''t have enough first team experience or long term injury or anyone soon to be leaving.

Gallacher, Drury, Fleming

Louis-Jean,
Doherty, Shackell,

Colin, Robinson, Hughes,
Safri,

Etuhu, McVeigh, Huckerby, Earnshaw,
McKenziePlease correct me if am wrong, I would love to be, I hate to see the club in this state more than anyone else but we can''t pretend its all wonderful because we''ve got a new season, there are still glaring problems and none of them seem to be being fixed so its hard to be posistive when nothing posistive is happening

"I hate to see the club in this state more than anyone else"

Don''t you remember what a state this club was in 7-8 years ago when we had NO money and Derveld and Sutch raiding down the left flank? The mighty Bryan Hamilton as manager?

Ok, we''ve spent a fair bit of cash, we have made mistakes, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. We''re in business, we''ve got a bit of money to spend, we''ve got the nucleus of a very good Div 1 side and hopefully some of the people in the club will have learned from their mistakes.

I expect a flurry of signings in late July / early August and I predict a good season to finish in a play-off place.

And you can quote me on this if we get relegated!

"It''s oh, so quiet. Shhh, shhh, and oh, so still, Shhh shhh, we''re all alone, Shhh shhh, and so peaceful until.....

DAH DE DAH DAH

"We sign the next Hughes, BOO-HOO, Worthy cuts loose, WOH-HO-HO-HO, And gets a reserve player on loan, WAM-BAM, But what''s the use? WHEE-EEE, When we''ve got Robinson and Hughes.

Shhh, shhh.

[quote user="Mook"]

"I hate to see the club in this state more than anyone else"

Don''t you remember what a state this club was in 7-8 years ago when we had NO money and Derveld and Sutch raiding down the left flank? The mighty Bryan Hamilton as manager?

Ok, we''ve spent a fair bit of cash, we have made mistakes, but it could be a hell of a lot worse. We''re in business, we''ve got a bit of money to spend, we''ve got the nucleus of a very good Div 1 side and hopefully some of the people in the club will have learned from their mistakes.

I expect a flurry of signings in late July / early August and I predict a good season to finish in a play-off place.

And you can quote me on this if we get relegated!

[/quote]A good point we are in a much better finacial position than before but dosn''t that compound our underachievement with such a stable finacial situation and such a good squad at the start it really baffles me why we didnt do better. Now with a skeleton squad that would need IMO another 5 or 8 players to bring it up to a good size squad and they need to be good players not last minute rushed buys. I certainly hope your right, I would be more than happy in a years time to be having to admit I was wrong and saying what a great team and manager we''ve got but for now it looks nothing like that.

The reality is the board have made the decision to stick with Worthington into the new season. Many of us may disagree with the decision but it won''t change now. The coaching team has been freshened up and that will hopefully improve things. We have 37 days until the big k.o. and hopefully we''ll see some decent signings come in over the next week and get a proper preseason behind them. With everyone starting on zero points hopefully Earnie can bang in the goals to give us a good start to the season. I''m not going to judge the management team and the board until we''re 10 games in ......... Lets get behind the club ..... 

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="silver fox"]Negativity just about sums up our manager I''m afraid.  Unless he has had a change of heart ( and tactics) I just cannot see us pushing for promotion.[/quote]

Hopefully you''ll not be bringing your negativity to Carrow Road and will leave the tickets to someone who''ll actually back the team.
[/quote]

Herb

Congratulations on obtaining a Season Ticket after waiting for so long and I admire your optimism. It is my opinion that fans who attend Carrow Road turn up on a match day in an positive mind. I was aked on numerous occasions last season before games "What are they going to do this week?", the answer was win, I go to every game believing that my team will win, ther really is no point going otherwise and I believe that most fans are the same, we go to see a win, the way that we achieve it is another matter, personally I would rank good quality almost as important as the win, different people have different opinions. Note the current debate about the England team.

But, and there is always a but, after watching Norwich for over 35 years I can truly say that last season I witnessed some of the worst football that I have ever seen, not just in one off matches either. We were fortunate that towards the end of the season we played badly against teams that were poor and still won. It is extremely difficult to remain positive in those circumstances, when it is so obvious that things at the club are wrong and I am afraid to say that since the end of the season I have seen nothing that leads me to think that things will change. I will be there and I have also purchased another ticket so that my children can go as well. I gues that i fit the Barry Skipper profile of a Norwich fan!(not sure if  like that)

I will be there, I will cheer my team, but please understand that the negative reaction of the fans is directly related to the performance on the pitch, we can all be positive, we can all get behind the team, but if they do not perform it is not our fault.

Enjoy your season

[quote user="Bernard Robinsons Paperboy"]

I will be there, I will cheer my team, but please understand that the negative reaction of the fans is directly related to the performance on the pitch, we can all be positive, we can all get behind the team, but if they do not perform it is not our fault.

Enjoy your season

[/quote]I applaud your loyalty, and concur with a lot of what you say about last season for the handful of games I managed to get to, and it didn''t sound much better on the radio either.Whether we quite reached the "football to slash your wrists to" witnessed under Hamilton and Megson debatable, but with the squad we''ve got it shouldn''t even be comparable, thats true.But this is a new season. We know several players didn''t play near to their potential last season, my point really is that its only fair to wipe the slate clean for a new season and give the team the support we know they''ll need if we''re serious about going back up.I''m genuinely excited about next season. Worthy knows hes got to pull a few rabbits out of the hat to rescue his credibility, the same goes for several players. Its also our last season with a bit of spare cash floating about. This really could be the one, but it requires everyone pulling in the same direction.Enjoy your season too - lets hope we''re dancing in the streets come next May :)

[quote user="Herb"][quote user="silver fox"]Negativity just about sums up our manager I''m afraid.  Unless he has had a change of heart ( and tactics) I just cannot see us pushing for promotion.[/quote]

Hopefully you''ll not be bringing your negativity to Carrow Road and will leave the tickets to someone who''ll actually back the team.
[/quote]  I''m not being negative just realistic about our managers limitations.  As regards the tickets I do come to every home game and back the team, unfortunately I find it difficult to back a manager who seems incapable of changing his style of football.  By all means you continue to be positive about the manager Herb, but frankly I''m not so sure there are thousands who think the same as you.