Sign in to follow this  
Honest Joe

Worthy or Ipswich's Magilton?

I think Worthy will still be good for us next year but out of curiosity would anyone have prefered Ipswich''s new manager Jim Magilton?

It''s definatly a gamble on Ipswich''s part but he''s unproven and can''t really be judged until he''s been given time. As Northern Canary  said I cant see him being a very good choice but you never know he could turn out to be the next Adie Boothroyd...so we''ll have to wait and see.

Magiltons coach is Brian Klugg ,who with his youth team won the F.A.Youth cup.Teddy Sheringhams son plays for them, so one would expect a mixture of youth and old heads in the team. Given their financial state it would appear they will accept just to consolidate their championship place with no big risks.

[quote user="streakey"]Magiltons coach is Brian Klugg ,who with his youth team won the F.A.Youth cup.Teddy Sheringhams son plays for them, so one would expect a mixture of youth and old heads in the team. Given their financial state it would appear they will accept just to consolidate their championship place with no big risks.[/quote]

I thought they sacked Royle because they weren''t content with consolidation.

[quote user="Getting off the fence"]

[quote user="streakey"]Magiltons coach is Brian Klugg ,who with his youth team won the F.A.Youth cup.Teddy Sheringhams son plays for them, so one would expect a mixture of youth and old heads in the team. Given their financial state it would appear they will accept just to consolidate their championship place with no big risks.[/quote]

I thought they sacked Royle because they weren''t content with consolidation.

[/quote]

I guess Fence, at least our board make it fairly obvious that all they are looking for is consolidation in the Championship.

Yep silly old Norwich, not getting promotion like Southampton and Palace.

We must be the only club who has been relegated from the Premiership and not get promoted the next season.

Let''s take away all funding from Worthington and hand over the job to Fleming - after a bit of a smoke screen about interviewing others beforehand.